Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - peterno3 - 2013-01-08

Yep, same for me, mine was already at 75. jmontes4, when did you set up xbmc flicks? If it was before the api has been having issues, maybe that is why you have it working, but we dont?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - beemarp - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-08, 16:17)rahvin Wrote: I've now spent some time setting up a Plex multimedia system and guess what, Netflex is not connecting on this either. I think I'm going to give up on XBMC. I've noticed that with the limited functionality I am able to get with the add on it launches media in an external browser (I.E.) and to top it off it's launched in kiosk mode as is XBMC. This makes it very hard to get back into XBMC without ctrl-alt-del'ing or something similar. That's a deal breaker for me. Unless I can get everything to run from within XBMC or another media center GUI what's the point of having the media center. It's a shame Boxee discontinued it's support from what I can gather it did it's job very well.

The Boxee was buggy as hell. I was very unimpressed after owning one for about 2 weeks. My best option was the HTPC route (Mac Mini 2011). The only thing that sucks is no Netflix support...and maybe having to whip out the bluetooth keyboard for certain functions. I still have to power up the PS3 for this option. Wish I could find a good all-in-one device, but Netflix has screwed the pooch on us HTPC owners.

I'm considering picking up the ATV3 just for the Netflix interface...they are the only ones in my opinion that have done it right. I've tried the Roku 2 XS and it's just plain ugly. Pity that the ATV3 hasn't been jailbroken yet and seemingly never will.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jmontes4 - 2013-01-09

I set it up shortly after 0.2a was released.

Yesterday I uninstalled it and deleted the plugin folder ~\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks. Looked for other traces of the plugin that were left behind after the unistall but couldn't find it. I then installed 0.3. Instant Queue works just like previously described for 0.2a.

But the Recommendations menu does not work for me. I am unsure if worked in 0.2 as I hadn't deleted the links folder from my older install. I also cannot use the experimental search function. Need to do more testing on those parts.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bluehawk91 - 2013-01-09

Can someone please help me with this add on?
I'm running XBMC eden on windows 7. I've installed this add on.
It asks me for User ID and password in a browser window after entering user id and password I get notification that xbmc is successfully allowed.
But when I return to xbmc it gives script error.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kevinkelm - 2013-01-09

This keeps opening up a webpage asking me to link xbmcflcks which I do successfully but it keeps asking me to link it.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - steinar-t - 2013-01-09

Hi!

Does this plugin work in windows xp? Got it working on win7 but keeps crashing in XP..Confused

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - peterno3 - 2013-01-09

From what I am gathering, XBMC Flicks is currently having issues because the netflix API is currently down. http://api-status.com/

You can fix it slightly by following rahvin's suggestion on the previous page, but that will only fix it partially

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2013-01-09

(2013-01-09, 04:03)bluehawk91 Wrote: Can someone please help me with this add on?
I'm running XBMC eden on windows 7. I've installed this add on.
It asks me for User ID and password in a browser window after entering user id and password I get notification that xbmc is successfully allowed.
But when I return to xbmc it gives script error.

you have the userinfo.txt problem. search or scoll back a few pages

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-07, 18:51)rahvin Wrote: So, for anyone else that wanders by, here's the workaround.
-Install XBMCFlicks. Before trying it, right click the Add-On, goto Add-On Settings, Debugging Tab, and enable both options.
-Open XBMCFlicks, tell your browser okay, tell XBMC okay, enjoy the perpetual ping of failure. Close XBMC.
-Dig up your logfile, which (in Windows 7) is under username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC. It'll be the most recently modified version.
-Open it up (notepad is fine) and run a ctrl-f for 'key'; a couple clicks should take you to a line like this:
> NOTICE: and then put this key / secret in MY_USER.request: <
-Under that are two alphanumeric codes labeled 'key' and 'secret'. Copy them over, keep them secret, keep them safe, etc..
-Bounce over your userinfo file, under appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks. If there's no userinfo.txt file, I would expect it would work just fine if you created one.
-Open userinfo.txt in note pad, and copy in yabsie's syntax from above.
requestKey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
requestSecret=YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
accessKey=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
accessSecret=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Replace the xxxx's and zzzz's with the longer code labeled Key. Replace the YYYY's and OOOO's with the shorter code labeled secret. No spaces or apostrophe's needed apparently.
-Save, relaunch XBMC, and enjoy your hopefully now successful authentication.

Did rahvin's suggestion above under the new 3.0 version and all of the script errors go away, and I can get a list under "Browse by Genre". However, nothing plays, and I can't get any of my "Instant Queues" to list any items. They are empty. What am I doing wrong?

These are the only 4 lines in the userinfo.txt file:

requestKey=key alphanumeric without the single quote on each end from log file
requestSecret=secret alphanumeric without the single quote on each end from log file
accessKey=key alphanumeric with without the single quote on each end from log file
accessSecret=secret alphanumeric without the single quote on each end from log file

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sfmike - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-11, 03:21)kadeschs Wrote: Did rahvin's suggestion above under the new 3.0 version and all of the script errors go away, and I can get a list under "Browse by Genre". However, nothing plays, and I can't get any of my "Instant Queues" to list any items. They are empty. What am I doing wrong?

I have not done anything other than standard updates, but I get the same behavior. Only menu option that produces a list of content is "All New Releases."

I love the idea of doing streaming through XBMC, but I'm tired of the addons breaking all the time. My wife heads straight for the browser now. I wish it could work as well as our $100 Roku, but of course that is a commercial venture and this is not...

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - twojciac - 2013-01-11

Just FYI... I use Advanced Launcher to use Windows Media Center to use Netflix, and Netflix is broken under WMC as of yesterday. So this issue may not be unique to this add-on.

And here's a post on another forum regarding the culprit of the WMC problem. It may be of some help in fixing this add-on.

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/114/p/103707/555748.aspx#555748

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-12

I'm beginning to think it may be that Netflix's API isn't working. If that's the case, this addon is broken.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Cellomusic82 - 2013-01-12

I am so fed up with not being able to find one system that can handle Blu-Ray, record HD TV, and play Netflix in 1080p all in one remote friendly program. Here we are in 2013 and we have nothing? Why does Netflix hate the HTPC community soooo much?!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - scrolling - 2013-01-12

OK I'm not having any luck with this plugin. I've read through this post with no luck and anything else i can find.

Code:
requestKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
requestSecret=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
accessKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
accessSecret=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also, when I enable the debug I can seem to find these keys in the log. I'm pretty sure that I'm going at this all wrong.
system info:
windows 7 64
Frodo rc3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - twojciac - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-12, 20:00)Cellomusic82 Wrote: I am so fed up with not being able to find one system that can handle Blu-Ray, record HD TV, and play Netflix in 1080p all in one remote friendly program. Here we are in 2013 and we have nothing? Why does Netflix hate the HTPC community soooo much?!

Netflix via WMC works like a charm. We had a one day outage on Friday, but Netflix already fixed the issue for us. I call WMC via Advanced Launcher... the only trick for me is that I had to add a button to my harmony remote for Alt-F4 to close WMC and return to XBMC, and it's a different user experience. But it works.