Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mhalfadl - 2013-01-16

(2013-01-16, 20:05)stevepro Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 04:12)dharun Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 17:36)stevepro Wrote: Here is a link to the files.
https://code5systems.s3.amazonaws.com/XMBCFlix-iqueue-Netflix-PY-Files.zip

What do i do after i download the files?

Windows 7 Home Premiun
I just setup an Eden (11) installed the plug-in from the zip file named spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb.zip then before I ran it I unziped the download above and placed the two files in
[DRIVE]:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib

and it worked

It did not work for me I did follow your step but not working
could you please give me more instruction to do that I have XBMCbuntu installed on my pc

Thankx

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - dharun - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-16, 20:05)stevepro Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 04:12)dharun Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 17:36)stevepro Wrote: Here is a link to the files.
https://code5systems.s3.amazonaws.com/XMBCFlix-iqueue-Netflix-PY-Files.zip

What do i do after i download the files?

Windows 7 Home Premiun
I just setup an Eden (11) installed the plug-in from the zip file named spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb.zip then before I ran it I unziped the download above and placed the two files in
[DRIVE]:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib

and it worked

Thanks, it works, but how do i set up my account

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - stevepro - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-16, 23:49)mhalfadl Wrote: It did not work for me I did follow your step but not working
could you please give me more instruction to do that I have XBMCbuntu installed on my pc

Thankx

mhalfadl,

Sorry it did not work. I am definitly a Windows guy and I guess I was just lucky following some of the instructions about modifying the API urls in these two files. I has worked for another user though.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 01:16)stevepro Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 23:49)mhalfadl Wrote: It did not work for me I did follow your step but not working

Thankx

mhalfadl,

Sorry it did not work. I am definitly a Windows guy and I guess I was just lucky following some of the instructions about modifying the API urls in these two files. I has worked for another user though.
None of it worked for me either on the last 3 versions of XBMC under Windows7 or Mountaun Lion. Is the author working to fix this plugin? Having to fix APIs in py files sounds like the plugin needs updated.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sirtow - 2013-01-17

I was able to get Genres to be populated by slightly adjusting the regular expression in resources/lib/iqueue.py

from
Code:
matchIds = re.search(r"u'web_page': u'http://.*?/(\d{1,15})'", curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)
to
Code:
matchIds = re.search(r"\"Url\": \"http://.*?/(\d{1,15})\"", curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)

Some of items are working and some are not. For those that are not it ends up with error coming from JSON library about invalid JSON object. Still was not able to find out on how to get HTTP response to be logged from simplejason library.Any help on how (if possible) to turn this on...
Quote:File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib\simplejson\decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
[/quote]

P.S
Running Frodo RC3 on Windows 7 64b

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - astromonkey - 2013-01-17

I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

I was like most of the recent posters and was able to get some things to come up but not the instant queue. I kept seeing the "Account inactive" message in the logs. Here's what I did to get it working for me. First I went and registered to get my own Netflix API key. I then used there API Auth Walkthrough @ http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough to authenticate and test out my API Key.

Then I went into iqueue.py and changed the following to use my application name and key.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'
API_SECRET = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then I deleted my old userinfo.txt and created a new one with the following information. The data for all of these should be on the Walkthrough page from Netflix.

requestKey=consumer_key
requestSecret=consumer_secret
accessKey=oauth_token
accessSecret=oauth_token_secret

I don't know what's wrong with the API key for this add in. It also looks like most people are entering the same two numbers in for the 4 strings in userinfo.txt, but there clearly should be a different oauth token ans secret for the accesskey and accesssecret. Hopefully some of this made some sense and helps someone.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-18

(2013-01-17, 23:02)astromonkey Wrote: I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

I was like most of the recent posters and was able to get some things to come up but not the instant queue. I kept seeing the "Account inactive" message in the logs. Here's what I did to get it working for me. First I went and registered to get my own Netflix API key. I then used there API Auth Walkthrough @ http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough to authenticate and test out my API Key.

Then I went into iqueue.py and changed the following to use my application name and key.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then I deleted my old userinfo.txt and created a new one with the following information. The data for all of these should be on the Walkthrough page from Netflix.

requestKey=consumer_key
accessKey=oauth_token

I don't know what's wrong with the API key for this add in. It also looks like most people are entering the same two numbers in for the 4 strings in userinfo.txt, but there clearly should be a different oauth token ans secret for the accesskey and accesssecret. Hopefully some of this made some sense and helps someone.

Yeah, that got me the Instant Queue list, but none of the items play when selecting on them. Just for clarification, is the APP_NAME the name I put on the website? Are the API_KEY and API_SECRET settings the same as the consumer_key and consumer_secret settings respectively? People were using the same two numbers because someone posted here to do so to get it working which was misinformation

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - astromonkey - 2013-01-18

The APP_NAME will be what ever you put in for the application when you signed up for an API key with Netflix. Netflix will then email you a consumer key and shared secret. These three pieces of information are what go into the APP_NAME, API_KEY, and API_SECRET. Really the end user should never need to do this just the developer, but I suspect there's something wrong with the original developer's API key at this point.

Also, I've been able to play items out of my instant queue so you might have another issue going there.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-18

Ok, got it. It doesn't seem to be getting the movieid right. When fixing it, it doesn't go to browser. I'm on Mac though. Tried to path to browser with no luck. Does playing out of queue, jump to a browser?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - astromonkey - 2013-01-18

The add on basically just loads the video in a web browser. I'm on Windows and playback works fine. There is some kind of OsX option in the add-on settings that's related to the browser under Mac.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 22:07)astromonkey Wrote: There is some kind of OsX option in the add-on settings that's related to the browser under Mac.

Yeah, it's selected. Not sure what it does, but appears to do nothing.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jasapper - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-17, 23:02)astromonkey Wrote: I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'

requestKey=consumer_key
accessKey=oauth_token

Son of a ... IT WORKS! Thank you astromonkey!! One thing I thought I would mention to others taking this plunge is that I had to go all the way through/past Step 4 (clicking the "Request Access Token" button) in the API Walkthru process. Until I passed that step I was still getting the dreaded Account Inactive message in debug logs. Also FWIW I did a fresh install of Yabsie's latest (0.3) to be sure the other myriad changes/enhancements would be utilized. Awww yeahh my long weekend is now set. Cool

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - gelfman - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 08:41)jasapper Wrote: Son of a ... IT WORKS! Thank you astromonkey!! One thing I thought I would mention to others taking this plunge is that I had to go all the way through/past Step 4 (clicking the "Request Access Token" button) in the API Walkthru process. Until I passed that step I was still getting the dreaded Account Inactive message in debug logs. Also FWIW I did a fresh install of Yabsie's latest (0.3) to be sure the other myriad changes/enhancements would be utilized. Awww yeahh my long weekend is now set. Cool

Yes, thank you astromonkey. I also want to echo the bit about going the whole way through. For many of us that aren't too savvy, it can be confusing. If one uses the information in the fields in step 4, you are using YOUR keys (as a developer), but if you click through that and get the token and fill in the fields in step 6, THOSE are the fields to use for the userinfo file.

I am not going to mess around with it, but I beileve now that I have a half clue, I could go back and follow the instructions from above in this thread and make it work.

I should point out also that I think there is an additional bit to be modified in iqueue.py. There is a User section where you put the same information (as in the userinfo file). Look back through the thread and you'll see what I mean. But I'm no coder so I don't know what each bit does.

Unfortunately, I am also having the problem where nothing happens when I select a listing. I do get my queue, but I can't anything to happen. I will need to keep poking.

Thanks for your collective help.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2013-01-19

Yep! Fixes the API developer key issue. Now if I could get it to work more seamlessly with the browser. Opens browser behind XBMC. I've set the HideXMBC option to true to kind of fix this issue, but it's still pretty clunky. Not sure there is a good way around this if video must play inside of a browser. Nonetheless, great job!!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - barzark - 2013-01-20

can someone zip up there addon that they got working and post a link here would make it much easier for other people to just install the zip from someone that has it working. please and thank you