Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon - mykiddosdaddy - 2013-06-01

I got it working!!!::Big GrinI was copying the wrong text in one of the steps. I am one happy person.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV - rodalpho - 2013-06-01

Yep, I used to work as a frickin' SA and I still messed it up a couple of times. Just carefully follow Tim's post line by line and it will work.

At least, the XBMC component will. I still can't get it to work with netflix-desktop on linux.

Success - vindieseldyer - 2013-06-03

Is there a way to configure the html files that xbmcflicks downloads from your instant queue to play in xbmc vs playing through the windows browser? This should be possible and if so problem solved with a true integration with netflix through xbmc. Should be able to wrap the html file that netflix generates and make it to a .strm. can someone please validat, and I also was able to play through real player

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) for XBMC - peter.arther - 2013-06-03

Hey people,
I'd like to know how I can save or record music from Netflix without paying for it? Do not quite know if this is legal, but I think if I do it with Netflix, it might not be as bad as the youtube or something, because that is much more popular ...? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - adefiore - 2013-06-03

If you follows Tim's post this will work, after not doing the copy and paste correctly, I got this to work the second time around.

I would like to find a way to make the newly launched browser that is playing netflix to enter into fullscreen mode without any interaction from me.

help on MacOS - dsbnz - 2013-06-03

Ive followed Tim's instructions posted earlier (few pages back) and confident ive got it right. The listings in XBMC Flix show up blank, but im thinking is it because im on a mac (10.7.5)? Are there other settings i need to adjust to get this to work on xbmc 12.2. I have silverlight installed. Im in UK if this has any bearing too. Any feedback or suggestions would be gratefully welcome :-)

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sambul25 - 2013-06-04

May be try using DNS service to get a US IP?

Re: RE: XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - dsbnz - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 00:45)sambul25 Wrote: May be try using DNS service to get a US IP?

Thanks for the suggestion and response :) I'm subscribed to Netflix uk, and can view/watch via HTTP in safari and chrome on the Mac, but just doesn't seem to show listings in xbmc.

RE: Success - elmerohueso - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-03, 08:09)vindieseldyer Wrote: Is there a way to configure the html files that xbmcflicks downloads from your instant queue to play in xbmc vs playing through the windows browser?

I believe it's been addressed here multiple times, but Netflix runs on Silverlight and thus must run in a browser.
Maybe this will change with the eventual move of Netflix to HTML5.

(2013-06-03, 13:11)peter.arther Wrote: Hey people,
I'd like to know how I can save or record music from Netflix without paying for it? Do not quite know if this is legal, but I think if I do it with Netflix, it might not be as bad as the youtube or something, because that is much more popular ...? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Really? You're not sure if ripping things off a paid service is legal? Asking stuff like this on the XBMC forums can get you banned.

XBMC Flicks - Tim. - 2013-06-04

Please remember XBMCflicks is Windows-specific and will not/may not work correctly on other platforms. I am located in the US and based my instructions/information on a US account. For outside the US, I'm not sure if it will work or not. I'm glad to see a few other people got this working following my guide. Has anyone had any luck with the navigation sound ("clicking")? This thread seems to address it, but so far no dev attention has been directed at it.

[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - adefiore - 2013-06-04

The browser opens fine for me, but then xbmc comes back to the forground. Is there a way to get safari or firefox to stay in focus. Or do I have to get xbmc to go to the background somehow?

RE: Success - vindieseldyer - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-01, 03:59)rodalpho Wrote: Yep, I used to work as a frickin' SA and I still messed it up a couple of times. Just carefully follow Tim's post line by line and it will work.

At least, the XBMC component will. I still can't get it to work with netflix-desktop on linux.

(2013-06-04, 01:50)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 08:09)vindieseldyer Wrote: Is there a way to configure the html files that xbmcflicks downloads from your instant queue to play in xbmc vs playing through the windows browser?

I believe it's been addressed here multiple times, but Netflix runs on Silverlight and thus must run in a browser.
Maybe this will change with the eventual move of Netflix to HTML5.

(2013-06-03, 13:11)peter.arther Wrote: Hey people,

Thanks in advance!
Really? You're not sure if ripping things off a paid service is legal? Asking stuff like this on the XBMC forums can get you banned.

Yes I understand it has been addressed but I have been able to get netflix to run inside real player.Basically XBMCFLICKS generates HTML files which streams through windows internet explorer via silverlight, but when you take certain portions of the code out you can basically stream it from any browser check the userdata addon data from xbmcflicks and you will see exactly what im talking about. This is where you need to search. C:\Users\Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows - callmedante - 2013-06-04

(2013-05-31, 18:41)rodalpho Wrote: Does anyone have this working on linux? I have the addon completely configured with oauth, logging into netflix just fine, but can't figure out how to call the "wine-browser" component of netflix-desktop with an external file.

I think I may have done it, although it's a hack and not guaranteed to work in the future. But for now, it seems to do the trick!

I copied the script from Erich Hoover's excellent tweaked version of Firefox on WINE. My tweak looks for the url of the stream, then uses that as an argument passed to /usr/bin/wine-browser. It's nothing elegant, and I'm sure it's bound to fail at some point in the future.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Enable translation capabilities
. gettext.sh
export TEXTDOMAIN="netflix-desktop";
export TEXTDOMAINDIR="/usr/share/locale";
# General strings that are translatable
gettext_service_name=`gettext "Netflix Desktop"`;

WINE_BROWSER="/usr/bin/wine-browser";

URL=`cat $1`;
STARTURL='url=';
ENDURL='"></head>';
URL=${URL##*$STARTURL};
URL=${URL%%$ENDURL*};

PACKAGE="netflix-desktop" SERVICE="${gettext_service_name}" URL="${URL}" "${WINE_BROWSER}";

I then modified <filename> in ~/.xbmc/userdata/playercorefactory.xml to point to my script.

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sambul25 - 2013-06-04

Does it still play on Linux by a Silverlight plugin for the Firefox on WINE?

RE: Success - elmerohueso - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 07:47)vindieseldyer Wrote: Yes I understand it has been addressed but I have been able to get netflix to run inside real player.Basically XBMCFLICKS generates HTML files which streams through windows internet explorer via silverlight, but when you take certain portions of the code out you can basically stream it from any browser check the userdata addon data from xbmcflicks and you will see exactly what im talking about. This is where you need to search. C:\Users\Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links

I'm not sure how that would have worked. Netflix relies on Silverlight for its DRM. I wonder if RealPlayer is really just calling up an IE frame and using Silverlight.
Have you been able to play Netflix streams with any other player?