Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-03

(2012-08-03, 00:26)zeromancer Wrote: so is it possible to let the script start when just pressing a movie ? and don't use the cinema button all the time ?

Depending on the skin, there is a method to start the script from the Home Window. Not all skins have this integration.

What happens is the script is put into multi-feature mode. If you haven't changed any of the settings, it will play a single movie(though you can change it for movie night, up to 5 movies with intermission videos inbetween)

To select the Movie(s) you need to queue the movie to a playlist. This is done by pressing th '0'(zero) on most remotes, or 'Q' on most keyboards.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-03

(2012-08-02, 20:20)constrictor Wrote: More info from my previous post...

I have confirmed that XBMC's library has correctly flagged the audio codec as ac3 for Dolby Digital, dca for DTS, and dtsma for DTSHD-MA. So it cant be anything with the library or the file itself.

It looks like pre-Frodo had the stream details broken for JSON-RPC(it should be fixed in Master Git) then available in Nightlies soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rockstartower - 2012-08-06

I have been using the Cinema Experience addon only for a short while (about two weeks) and it has been working great so far. So hats off to everyone involved in making it.

I do have a couple questions, and I apologize if they have been asked before, I did attempt to search.

1. Is there any way to actually schedule a time for a movie. I didn't see anywhere in the options/config where it mentioned this, and I also don't know if this idea has been considered and dismissed before. But I think it would be really cool to be able to schedule a time for a specific movie to start (With the cinema experience intro part of course). So, for example you could have xbmc running, select the movie you want to watch, and schedule a time you want it to start (you would have to have your local time correct with xbmc) and then when it reaches that time xbmc would activate the cinema experience for the selected movie. This may be taking it too far (although that doesn't seem to be possible with XBMC) but I would enjoy it if there is a way to do this.

2. This is a much simpler question. I apologize, I don't have a log because i'm not at home right now. But for some reason, when I have the trailers set to be limited to the rating of the movie it seems to have no effect in what trailers are selected. For instance, I select it to have the trailers limited to the rating of the movie, and not limited in genre. When I start the movie "Bolt" a pixar, rated G movie with cinema experience, it will usually play trailers of pg-13 movies or even R movies. Is there anything else I need to do besides just ticking the option to limit trailer ratings? Am I wrong in assuming it auto selects the trailer ratings? This may not seem like a big deal, but I rather not have my nephews or nieces seeing the smeared blood and demonic possessions in the Sinister trailer. If posting the Debug Log is necessary before any trouble shooting, I will post it as soon as I can. If there's any simple solution that may help with this I can try first let me know.

Again, hats off to everyone involved in this addon, you've done a bang up job so far.

Oh and P.S The music by LJONES in the album Soul Below makes amazing background music for the trivia/slide show part. If you haven't heard it before, that is my single most favorite background-style jazz music.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-06

(2012-08-06, 20:06)rockstartower Wrote: I have been using the Cinema Experience addon only for a short while (about two weeks) and it has been working great so far. So hats off to everyone involved in making it.

I do have a couple questions, and I apologize if they have been asked before, I did attempt to search.

1. Is there any way to actually schedule a time for a movie. I didn't see anywhere in the options/config where it mentioned this, and I also don't know if this idea has been considered and dismissed before. But I think it would be really cool to be able to schedule a time for a specific movie to start (With the cinema experience intro part of course). So, for example you could have xbmc running, select the movie you want to watch, and schedule a time you want it to start (you would have to have your local time correct with xbmc) and then when it reaches that time xbmc would activate the cinema experience for the selected movie. This may be taking it too far (although that doesn't seem to be possible with XBMC) but I would enjoy it if there is a way to do this.
Though this is not a part of Cinema Experience, a service script could be created to trigger Cinema Experience to play a specific movie at a specific time. I will look into this.
Quote:2. This is a much simpler question. I apologize, I don't have a log because i'm not at home right now. But for some reason, when I have the trailers set to be limited to the rating of the movie it seems to have no effect in what trailers are selected. For instance, I select it to have the trailers limited to the rating of the movie, and not limited in genre. When I start the movie "Bolt" a pixar, rated G movie with cinema experience, it will usually play trailers of pg-13 movies or even R movies. Is there anything else I need to do besides just ticking the option to limit trailer ratings? Am I wrong in assuming it auto selects the trailer ratings? This may not seem like a big deal, but I rather not have my nephews or nieces seeing the smeared blood and demonic possessions in the Sinister trailer. If posting the Debug Log is necessary before any trouble shooting, I will post it as soon as I can. If there's any simple solution that may help with this I can try first let me know.
I would need to see the debug log for this problem.
Quote:Again, hats off to everyone involved in this addon, you've done a bang up job so far.

Oh and P.S The music by LJONES in the album Soul Below makes amazing background music for the trivia/slide show part. If you haven't heard it before, that is my single most favorite background-style jazz music.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Choosy305 - 2012-08-07

What's up fellas! I have a quick question? When Cinema Experience is done doing its thing, is it possible for it to direct the movie to an external player, like Powerdvd11?? I have Xbmc setup so all my half-sbs movies are played by powerdvd 11. so lets say i decided to use Cinema experience with one of the sbs movies, when cinema experience stops i don't want xbmc to play the movie I want powerdvd to pick up and start the movie? is this possible?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-07

Cinema Experience really doesn't stop until the very last video is stopped. The biggest problem with external players is that XBMC doesn't track the states of the player, just start and stopping of the player(I could be wrong) Also Cinema Experience does not choose what player plays the video, that is controlled by XBMC and playercorefactory.xml -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Choosy305 - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-07, 02:04)giftie Wrote: Cinema Experience really doesn't stop until the very last video is stopped. The biggest problem with external players is that XBMC doesn't track the states of the player, just start and stopping of the player(I could be wrong) Also Cinema Experience does not choose what player plays the video, that is controlled by XBMC and playercorefactory.xml -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

Thanks for the help man. I figured it out. At first I made a separate folder in XBMC for my 3D movies. Cinema Experience was working the way it has to, but not the way I wanted. I decided to put my 3D movies with the regular movies in the same folder, and it ended up working the way I wanted it to work. I was surprised!!!. After Cinema Experience was done doing the intros and stuff, it switched to the external player. Thanks again for the quick reply.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-08-07

I'm on Openelec and the Apple Trailers addon is listed as broken due to a dependency. I've got the Apple Trailers Lite version and all works well, but I'd like to be able to use the full Apple Trailers database. Is there a way I can download the database itself so CE can pull from the entire database and not just recent ones?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-07, 19:33)xm41907 Wrote: I'm on Openelec and the Apple Trailers addon is listed as broken due to a dependency. I've got the Apple Trailers Lite version and all works well, but I'd like to be able to use the full Apple Trailers database. Is there a way I can download the database itself so CE can pull from the entire database and not just recent ones?

The script has the option to use the database. Check the settings for trailer scraper. Also I don't think either Apple Trailers(either one) is being maintained at the moment.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-08-08

CE is working great, the problem is that the full version of Apple Movie Trailers won't install on my system, I guess it's not compatible with Openelec. Apple Movie Trailers Lite works well, but it doesn't create the database (amt.db) that CE utilizes for streaming older trailers. I was hoping to find a way to create this database without having the full Apple Move Trailers addon. I guess I'm out of luck. It's not a deal breaker, as CE works perfect with AMT Lite at streaming the newest trailers. When I get the chance, I'm going to see if I can get it working on my laptop to create the database, then transfer it to my HTPC.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ghutch92 - 2012-08-09

I don't know if this has been fixed but in settings under special videos Countdown is spelled "Coundown" . Also thanks to giftie for such a great script.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - crashswiftly - 2012-08-15

Hi All, I finished my theater room this past weekend and found XBMC while doing a general search about HTPC's, That search led me to find the Cinema Experience and I joined the forum tonight just to say THANK YOU to this community. I installed XBMC and CE two nights ago and have been pouring over every thread and topic I can find. Tonight I finally have the system setup and running. Pre show trivia, a few commercials, a welcome to our theater and policy trailer, and have the script scraping 2 current trailers just before the feature presentation. THIS ADD ON ROCKS!!!

Now I just need to tweek my settings and have 2 questions I cant seem to find an answer too.
I am running win7 64b with eden 11 with the Back Row Skin and Cinema Experience V2.0.57

What I am needing answered:
1: I have my Trivia slideshow set the volume to 80% of max. When the time ends and the program continues to the next stage, the speaker icon and bar shows on the screen as the sound fades off then ramps back up. Can this be hidden from view so the audience does not see the volume control?

2: when the trivia slide show times out, the screen fades to black to start the next event. In my case, a commercial is played from the local drive. when this happens, the movie information screen re-appears for about 1 to 2 seconds. then the commercial plays and the rest of the "experience" continues. Is there a setting that can be used to hide this from happening so i won't see the information screen? I'm betting there is and I just havn't figured it out yet.
Anyway..Like I said... AWESOME Add on and a Big BIG thank you to you guys and gals that are making this available to us.
Oh, One side note: is there an actual tutorial somewhere here that explains everything to do to set this up from scratch? I figured it out pretty easily by reading through a few different topics but am wondering if anyone has made a single point topic to fully show how a person installs and configures the program. If not, I may make a post on it once the last few tweeks are made to mine.
Thanks for any info you guys can give me about my speaker icon and movie info questions...
John A

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 03:03)crashswiftly Wrote: Hi All, I finished my theater room this past weekend and found XBMC while doing a general search about HTPC's, That search led me to find the Cinema Experience and I joined the forum tonight just to say THANK YOU to this community. I installed XBMC and CE two nights ago and have been pouring over every thread and topic I can find. Tonight I finally have the system setup and running. Pre show trivia, a few commercials, a welcome to our theater and policy trailer, and have the script scraping 2 current trailers just before the feature presentation. THIS ADD ON ROCKS!!!

Now I just need to tweek my settings and have 2 questions I cant seem to find an answer too.
I am running win7 64b with eden 11 with the Back Row Skin and Cinema Experience V2.0.57

What I am needing answered:
1: I have my Trivia slideshow set the volume to 80% of max. When the time ends and the program continues to the next stage, the speaker icon and bar shows on the screen as the sound fades off then ramps back up. Can this be hidden from view so the audience does not see the volume control?
This a fault of XBMC, though the skin developer can hide this pop up by testing for a skin property -> SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True) and hide the volume bar.
Quote:2: when the trivia slide show times out, the screen fades to black to start the next event. In my case, a commercial is played from the local drive. when this happens, the movie information screen re-appears for about 1 to 2 seconds. then the commercial plays and the rest of the "experience" continues. Is there a setting that can be used to hide this from happening so i won't see the information screen? I'm betting there is and I just havn't figured it out yet.
There problem is that XBMC is not ready yet to play te video. I am working on a way to keep the background blacked out until the video starts(just haven't figure that out yet)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - khoelle - 2012-08-15

is it possible to make this autostart by hitting play instead of hitting the cinema button?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - crashswiftly - 2012-08-16

Giftie,

Thanks for the responses to my questions. I may try a different skin and see if any others block that pop up.

John