Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Kokonutcreme - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 03:00)Araldwenn Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 18:26)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 12:02)Araldwenn Wrote: Any chance to have this script updated for frodo (maybe an ETA if so ?) ?

It will get updated.. Heck, I didn't know Frodo was out yet.. Confused
Please download and install the version available on the first page of this thread.

Well, Frodo is still a nightly build but works very fine for now. And I downloaded the scipt available on the first page of this thread, but it's only for Eden... so I think i'll have to install XBMC Eden if I want to use Cinema experience, or be patient and wait until you start developing a frodo version of this script... But I don't want to have to update my database again, so i think I'll wait...

You're doing a really amazing job, indeed, thanks !

Cinema Experience will work in Frodo up to Alpha 4 release. After that, changes to XBMC break the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jwborc39963 - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-02, 18:26)giftie Wrote: It will get updated.. Heck, I didn't know Frodo was out yet.. Confused

Well it is now "feature locked" so it would be safe to begin development as nothing should change from now on except for bug fixes. Thanks for all the work you do!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-02, 18:26)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 02:45)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 01:46)giftie Wrote: Can you try the addon 'The Trailers' -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587 (available through the official repo)

Okay I have the suggested addon installed. I went ahead and removed the Apple Movie trailer addon. Is there a way to make the trailers addon work with CE?

I just want you to test playing trailers, it doesn't integrate into Cinema Experience.

Sorry man no luckSad It does the same thing. Sound only, no video on the trailers.
Went ahead and uploaded my latest log which you can check out here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13398

Hope this problem can be fixed soonSad

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-05

Like I said, it's an XBMC problem. Not anything I can fix sorry.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Vausey - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-02, 13:07)Vausey Wrote: Hi guys,

I've had cinema running on older builds of XBMC but since the Eden update it will not play anything past the intro movie?

It's quits with the error message:

"Next item in playlist can not be found"

And returns back to the movie wall

I have it configured as follows;

1) Feature Presentation Intro Movie ("coming soon" video)
2) 4 trailers (no intro or outro videos)
3) Feature Presentation Outro Movie ("feature presentation" video)
4) The Movie

I have also tried moving the intro and outro videos to be in/out to be trailers special videos. In this set up nothing plays and the script just returns to the movie wall?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For Info:
I'm running Eden on a Mac Mini (2011 model).
Skin is Aeon Nox.
All the intro/outro video's are stored locally in a XMBC Cinema Experience folder.
They are all mp4 file format.

If you need anymore details let me know

BUMP - AnyoneHuh

Any help would be appreciated guys

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-05, 18:26)Vausey Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 13:07)Vausey Wrote: Hi guys,

I've had cinema running on older builds of XBMC but since the Eden update it will not play anything past the intro movie?

It's quits with the error message:

"Next item in playlist can not be found"

And returns back to the movie wall

I have it configured as follows;

1) Feature Presentation Intro Movie ("coming soon" video)
2) 4 trailers (no intro or outro videos)
3) Feature Presentation Outro Movie ("feature presentation" video)
4) The Movie

I have also tried moving the intro and outro videos to be in/out to be trailers special videos. In this set up nothing plays and the script just returns to the movie wall?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For Info:
I'm running Eden on a Mac Mini (2011 model).
Skin is Aeon Nox.
All the intro/outro video's are stored locally in a XMBC Cinema Experience folder.
They are all mp4 file format.

If you need anymore details let me know

BUMP - AnyoneHuh

Any help would be appreciated guys

I guess you missed the message directly after yours. Please update to the version available on the first page.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Vausey - 2012-11-06

Hi Giftie,

Yep I missed that one - sorry mate - I'll update this evening.

Does the update fix the issue? Has the update been plugged into the repository (can I not just update it from the add-ons screen in XBMC??)

Cheers,

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sarakha63 - 2012-11-06

hello giftie, there is a bug i noticed,

The option to onlyshow trailers for unwatched movie dpes'nt work, are you able to correct that?

Thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-06, 12:21)Vausey Wrote: Hi Giftie,

Yep I missed that one - sorry mate - I'll update this evening.

Does the update fix the issue? Has the update been plugged into the repository (can I not just update it from the add-ons screen in XBMC??)

Cheers,

That repo is for the Dharma so I'm not planning on updating it.
(2012-11-06, 14:02)sarakha63 Wrote: hello giftie, there is a bug i noticed,

The option to onlyshow trailers for unwatched movie dpes'nt work, are you able to correct that?

Thanks

This is a known issu

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2012-11-06

Giftie

It has been a while since we have had a chance to talk. How difficult do you anticipate the transition of HCE to Frodo will be? What are the main challenges?

I keep on trying out Frodo because of the PVR support but have to keep coming back to Eden because I can't live without the eye candy the HCE produces. It make for an impressive show when friends are over.

Hope things are going well for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sarakha63 - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-06, 16:53)giftie Wrote: This is a known issu

Yep i know i already mentionned this issue few weeks ago. But do you have an idea when this could be corrected or how to manually correct it

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-06, 17:09)ijourneaux Wrote: Giftie

It has been a while since we have had a chance to talk. How difficult do you anticipate the transition of HCE to Frodo will be? What are the main challenges?

I keep on trying out Frodo because of the PVR support but have to keep coming back to Eden because I can't live without the eye candy the HCE produces. It make for an impressive show when friends are over.

Hope things are going well for you.

Just started to look at updating... There are so far two bugs in XBMC that the work around would take a fair code change to manage. It's caused by the new method that Python is implemented in XBMC. I have posted on trac for these two items.. Good news though the rest of the script works as it should...

(2012-11-06, 17:38)sarakha63 Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 16:53)giftie Wrote: This is a known issu

Yep i know i already mentionned this issue few weeks ago. But do you have an idea when this could be corrected or how to manually correct it

Thanks

It will be fixed in the Frodo Version, not sure if it will be in an Eden version.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Xbmcfly - 2012-11-10

Hello,

The disable/enable Auto refresh setting doesn't work. Is that a known bug? Or do I have to configure something to get the refresh rate changed when the movie starts?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-11

(2012-11-10, 23:57)Xbmcfly Wrote: Hello,

The disable/enable Auto refresh setting doesn't work. Is that a known bug? Or do I have to configure something to get the refresh rate changed when the movie starts?

There is a setting in Cinema Experience that needs to be turned on, as well as the setting in XBMC settings.
But, if it is not working, it will not be fixed. The reason is because the method used to control the option has been removed from future versions of XBMC(ie gone in Frodo)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-12

With this great tool, is there an way to make XBMC skip the intros and the DVD menu on . ISO files?
Maybe set standard subtitles, but that's not very important.

I know that it is possible to make XBMC try to skip the normal intros but not the menu.

By the way, I love this add on, makes XBMC even more extraordinary.