Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Xbmcfly - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-11, 00:08)giftie Wrote: The reason is because the method used to control the option has been removed from future versions of XBMC(ie gone in Frodo)

I really like Cinema Experience. Cool
But I also like to have the right refresh rate set when the movie starts.
Hopefully there will be a way to get this feature working again. Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-12

(2012-11-12, 13:01)Xbmcfly Wrote:
(2012-11-11, 00:08)giftie Wrote: The reason is because the method used to control the option has been removed from future versions of XBMC(ie gone in Frodo)

I really like Cinema Experience. Cool
But I also like to have the right refresh rate set when the movie starts.
Hopefully there will be a way to get this feature working again. Nod

XBMC Developers have said no.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-11-13

I'm having troubles with Cinema Experience. I really love it, when it works, but more often than not, it doesn't. I'm running XBMC on an Acer Aspire Revo 1600 using the Atom Ion chipset. It's older, but works decently. I've tried CE using Openelec, XBMC Live, Windows 7, and Windows 8. They've all had problems getting CE to work right. I'd been on Openelec, and all but given up on CE. I decided to give Windows 8 a try, and I could get CE to work, at first, then it started freezing. I wasn't a fan of Windows 8, and decided to go back to WIndows 7, as I like the versatility of Windows over Openelec. I got everything up and running. I worked through all the sections, and got CE configured to my liking, and working. I was going to have a movie night with the family, and tested it one last time, about 30 minutes before they got home, it worked fine. Then I updated my library. After that, it's back to the same old tricks. I click on the Cinema button on the movie info screen (using Refocus skin), and the info screen goes away, but it just sits there. It's not frozen, it just acts like I hit Esc. I'm thinking this might be hardware related since it happens with mutiple OSs, but I'm not sure. Are there any problems with the older Ion system? Could updating the library do something to CE to break it?

Here is a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/N20EXqn5

I attempted to run it two times, with two different movies, with a reboot of XBMC between the two. I hope you can identify a cause. I really am tired of it being unreliable.

Thanks for the help!

James

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Mman - 2012-11-13

XM, I use the exact same hardware you do, although running Ubuntu, and I don't have any real trouble with CE. Have you checked your settings?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-13

Hope I not bother anyone, but I wonder if it is possible to make XBMC deactivate the DVD menus.
So CE jumps over the menu, and straight in to the movie.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-11-14

(2012-11-13, 23:34)Mman Wrote: XM, I use the exact same hardware you do, although running Ubuntu, and I don't have any real trouble with CE. Have you checked your settings?

How much ram do you have, and did you change anything in the bios? I did change something in the bios regarding the video card, but I can't remember right now what it was exactly. Would you be willing to run through your bios and give me all the settings?? If that is a problem, then I could see why it's happening across multiple platforms.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-11-14

I played with the bios settings and that's not it. I think I've narrowed it down to something with the library. I'm using a QNAP NAS to stream my movies and when I first set up XBMC, without fully updating my library (over 1000 movies) it works fine, but after I update the library fully is when it happens. I'm going to load XBMC onto my laptop and give it a test, and see how it handles CE. I have noticed for awhile some lag when opening up the library, I'm wondering if my NAS settings aren't right. Anyone using a QNAP NAS have any thoughts? Could having over 1000 movies (each in a separate folder with the movie name) cause issues? Right now they're all in one large folder "Movies" Would it be beneficial to categorize them into separate folders?

Giftie, I'd still appreciate you taking a look at my pastebin and seeing if there is anything you might notice.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Oddsodz - 2012-11-14

"categorize them into separate folders"

YES 100%

It's the only way to make sure you get all that exta fan art eye candy that the newer skins use. Yes it will take some time. In fact it will take you ages. But in the long run. You will be thankful you did it.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Vausey - 2012-11-14

(2012-11-06, 16:53)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 12:21)Vausey Wrote: Hi Giftie,

Yep I missed that one - sorry mate - I'll update this evening.

Does the update fix the issue? Has the update been plugged into the repository (can I not just update it from the add-ons screen in XBMC??)

Cheers,

That repo is for the Dharma so I'm not planning on updating it.
(2012-11-06, 14:02)sarakha63 Wrote: hello giftie, there is a bug i noticed,

The option to onlyshow trailers for unwatched movie dpes'nt work, are you able to correct that?

Thanks

This is a known issu

Thanks for clearing that up.

I've downloaded the zip from the first page and then used the 'install from zip' option in add ons but it doesn't seem to find a file in the zip it can use... even though when I ripen the zip like there are files in there?

Am I missing something ?

(2012-11-14, 15:37)Oddsodz Wrote: "categorize them into separate folders"

YES 100%

It's the only way to make sure you get all that exta fan art eye candy that the newer skins use. Yes it will take some time. In fact it will take you ages. But in the long run. You will be thankful you did it.

I may not have explained myself clearly. I follow the recommended layout for movies where each movie is in a separate folder, named for the movie, with all the fanart, covers, trailers, etc. From there, all of my movie folders are in one big folder. I'm wondering if there might be an improvement in loading the library if movies were broken down into categories as well so it's not 1000 movie folders, all lumped together. I doubt it will make a difference, but just maybe it has something to do with my issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Mman - 2012-11-14

XM, by chance do you have the pre-dharma option selected in your CE settings?

I don't think so. I'll check that when I get home tonight. I know I played with that setting in previous builds, but I don't recall seeing it in the latest version.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-13, 05:15)xm41907 Wrote: I'm having troubles with Cinema Experience. I really love it, when it works, but more often than not, it doesn't. I'm running XBMC on an Acer Aspire Revo 1600 using the Atom Ion chipset. It's older, but works decently. I've tried CE using Openelec, XBMC Live, Windows 7, and Windows 8. They've all had problems getting CE to work right. I'd been on Openelec, and all but given up on CE. I decided to give Windows 8 a try, and I could get CE to work, at first, then it started freezing. I wasn't a fan of Windows 8, and decided to go back to WIndows 7, as I like the versatility of Windows over Openelec. I got everything up and running. I worked through all the sections, and got CE configured to my liking, and working. I was going to have a movie night with the family, and tested it one last time, about 30 minutes before they got home, it worked fine. Then I updated my library. After that, it's back to the same old tricks. I click on the Cinema button on the movie info screen (using Refocus skin), and the info screen goes away, but it just sits there. It's not frozen, it just acts like I hit Esc. I'm thinking this might be hardware related since it happens with mutiple OSs, but I'm not sure. Are there any problems with the older Ion system? Could updating the library do something to CE to break it?

Here is a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/N20EXqn5

I attempted to run it two times, with two different movies, with a reboot of XBMC between the two. I hope you can identify a cause. I really am tired of it being unreliable.

Thanks for the help!

James

From that log it doesn't seem that XBMC is starting the script. Can you try a different skin, such as Transparency(be sure to activate the Cinema Experience setting in skin settings)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-11-15

I'll give that a try. I'm using Refocus, it's not listed on the CE wiki, but it does have the button. I've also tried it with Neon and the same thing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll try Transparency tonight. I set XBMC up on my laptop last night with the exact same settings and media and CE worked flawlessly. I'm going to copy over my laptop version to my htpc, and see if it still works. If not, I'll then recopy it back to my laptop and see if it works there, as a way to rule out anything wrong within XBMC itself. Maybe something is altering the CE script making it not work.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-11-19

I've come to the conclusion my Revo is possessed and has something against CE. No matter what I've tried, it just does not want to cooperate well. Different OSes, different skins, nothing seems to work right. I took an entire copy of XBMC with working CE from my laptop, and put it on the Revo (both the User and Program Files folders, along with correctly associate source and media links). Everything BUT CE worked perfectly. CE, nothing! I thought something might have changed when it opened up on the Revo, so after that I transferred it back to my laptop, and everything worked. I give up. I will be upgrading my HTPC in the next couple of months, and the Revo will be delegated to the living room TV where CE won't be used. Until then, I'll hook up my laptop when we want to use CE. Thanks for the input. I'm still loving CE, but hating my Revo.