Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - NewMedia - 2013-07-11

For locally stored trailers, how do I get XBMC to read the nfo. file for each trailer?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Harald_Schmidt - 2013-07-12

Hallo!

I got a problem with cinema experience 3.0.4 on my raspberry pi. When the main movie should begin, the program just goes back to the movie menu. Two infos that may be of interest for this problem: My movies are on an NFS-share and if i change the audio output to analog, it works and the movies are playing.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

http://pastebin.com/nA29r0Gp

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mmatforum - 2013-07-12

Is there anyway to get the script to open up video playlists instead of movie titles, genres, etc? I have a playlist set up to choose 4 random movies according to certain criteria, for an easy movie marathon. I would love to be able to open that playlist and queue up those movies for the multi-feature presentation with Cinema Experience. I haven't come up with any way to do this, other than opening the playlist, making a note of the 4 movies and then starting the Cinema script and finding those 4 movies and queuing them. This is kind of a pain! I'm willing to try anything that anyone can come up with to make this easier. And I'm sorry if there is a simple and obvious way to do this that I'm missing. I'm new to Cinema Experience and I've been searching all through this forum and haven't seen anything so far. Thanks for any help!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rsolmn - 2013-07-14

I love this addon!! I have everything working except the countdown video. I have no clue where it needs to be placed. Is there a folder that the video needs to go in? Or am I missing something my folder looks exactly the same as the wiki does https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/wiki/CinemaExperienceVideoFolders .. Any suggestions thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mmatforum - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-14, 17:20)rsolmn Wrote: I love this addon!! I have everything working except the countdown video. I have no clue where it needs to be placed. Is there a folder that the video needs to go in? Or am I missing something my folder looks exactly the same as the wiki does https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/wiki/CinemaExperienceVideoFolders .. Any suggestions thanks in advance.

There is a place on one of the settings screens (maybe the special videos screen?) where you can set the folder where your countdown videos are.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-12, 18:02)Harald_Schmidt Wrote: Hallo!

I got a problem with cinema experience 3.0.4 on my raspberry pi. When the main movie should begin, the program just goes back to the movie menu. Two infos that may be of interest for this problem: My movies are on an NFS-share and if i change the audio output to analog, it works and the movies are playing.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

http://pastebin.com/nA29r0Gp

You might be running into a memory limitation on the Pi. The script runs a test on the last video being played. Try adding a video to Movie theatre outro or feature outro and try again.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-12, 20:44)mmatforum Wrote: Is there anyway to get the script to open up video playlists instead of movie titles, genres, etc? I have a playlist set up to choose 4 random movies according to certain criteria, for an easy movie marathon. I would love to be able to open that playlist and queue up those movies for the multi-feature presentation with Cinema Experience. I haven't come up with any way to do this, other than opening the playlist, making a note of the 4 movies and then starting the Cinema script and finding those 4 movies and queuing them. This is kind of a pain! I'm willing to try anything that anyone can come up with to make this easier. And I'm sorry if there is a simple and obvious way to do this that I'm missing. I'm new to Cinema Experience and I've been searching all through this forum and haven't seen anything so far. Thanks for any help!

You are probably using a smart playlist to perform this. This is quite difficult to replicate inside the script since the smart playlist code is built into the core of XBMC. You might want to try to use the 'override play button' setting in Cinema Experience, then run your playlist. If XBMC builds the playlist right, the script should handle the movies just fine. Also be sure to check the multiple feature settings in Cinema Experience

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - seb0p - 2013-07-15

(2013-02-22, 13:44)deathbringer Wrote: Could you also integrate support for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, so audio trailers from a directory 'DTSHD-HRA' are played? The stream is labeled as 'dtshd_hra' in the DB.

1. I there any plan on integrating that feature?
DTSHD-MA works perfectly.

2. Is it possible to view the trailers only in german?

3. +1 to the 3D integration

greetz seb0p

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Harald_Schmidt - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-15, 07:31)giftie Wrote: You might be running into a memory limitation on the Pi. The script runs a test on the last video being played. Try adding a video to Movie theatre outro or feature outro and try again.

Thanks for your answer, but adding a theatre outro video is not helping in my case. the script still aborts before the main feature.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mmatforum - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-15, 07:43)giftie Wrote: You are probably using a smart playlist to perform this. This is quite difficult to replicate inside the script since the smart playlist code is built into the core of XBMC. You might want to try to use the 'override play button' setting in Cinema Experience, then run your playlist. If XBMC builds the playlist right, the script should handle the movies just fine. Also be sure to check the multiple feature settings in Cinema Experience

Thank you for your response! I am using a smart playlist. I'll try using the 'override play button' setting later this week and let you know how it works.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bishoptf - 2013-07-17

Probably a dumb question, awesome script I just wanted a few things working and have most in place and working. The one thing that has been hit or miss is the audio trailers by structure. I have some of these working but some are not, and its probably due to my naming convention is not matching. How do i verify what xbmc lables the audio stream so I can make sure my audio structure is the same.

The one that I have not been able to get working is Dolby Digital, just the plain AC3, tried all kind of names and it never plays, the movies are actually DD plus and that might be the issue but not sure what name to use for that one either. I'm sure there is an easy way to figure out but I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks in advance Smile

Update I found this - "XBMC reports the stream details as they appear inside the movie container", how do I see what XBMC is reporting for the container?

network folder for slideshow? - ericcurtis76 - 2013-07-17

Anyone know how to get the slideshow to point to a network directory? I have two boxes and my older on is able to pull from the network for trivia slides. My latest install, however, has only local directories available. I have no problems with the various trailers & video, just the trivia slides.

Both are XBMCbuntu, Frodo with latest from official repo.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-07-17

You need to add the path in the file manager first before the settings have access.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mmatforum - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-17, 05:00)mmatforum Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 07:43)giftie Wrote: You are probably using a smart playlist to perform this. This is quite difficult to replicate inside the script since the smart playlist code is built into the core of XBMC. You might want to try to use the 'override play button' setting in Cinema Experience, then run your playlist. If XBMC builds the playlist right, the script should handle the movies just fine. Also be sure to check the multiple feature settings in Cinema Experience

Thank you for your response! I am using a smart playlist. I'll try using the 'override play button' setting later this week and let you know how it works.

Unfortunately the 'override play button' doesn't seem to work at all, for the playlist or any other movie. Thanks for trying though.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-11, 14:03)NewMedia Wrote: For locally stored trailers, how do I get XBMC to read the nfo. file for each trailer?
The nfo file needs to be named exactly the same as the trailer file(except for the extension of course) and it needs to match the format found in this thread -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=664143#pid664143

(2013-07-18, 03:09)mmatforum Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 05:00)mmatforum Wrote:

Unfortunately the 'override play button' doesn't seem to work at all, for the playlist or any other movie. Thanks for trying though.

Did you restart XBMC after saving the settings?