Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ntzeke - 2013-10-10

I posted this in another thread and was referred here.

I just got the Philips Hue. It is a set of wi-fi controlled lights. Some discussion of it is found here

I am loving the CE add-on for a couple of previews and videos before a movie starts. I am looking for a way to have the HUE lights dim during the previews and go off during the main attraction. Also to dim during pause. From the thread above the add-on does a great job dimming/turning the lights off during the main attraction. I was just wondering if the CE add-on could be modified to dim the lights during the previews.

I'm not a coding expert - but I can follow directions.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-10-10

Question:

How come my cinema experience..

Does play the movie trailers and intro to it
and the other time, it doesnt play the movie trailers..

Any idea?
I want it to play the previews every time i launch Cinema experience

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Abshole - 2013-10-11

Is there anyway to automatically stare CE? Rather than having to pull up the movie info then start the script, it just starts when selecting play xxxx movie?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-10, 09:18)Skank Wrote: Question:

How come my cinema experience..

Does play the movie trailers and intro to it
and the other time, it doesnt play the movie trailers..

Any idea?
I want it to play the previews every time i launch Cinema experience

No clue with out a debug log...

(2013-10-11, 00:02)Abshole Wrote: Is there anyway to automatically stare CE? Rather than having to pull up the movie info then start the script, it just starts when selecting play xxxx movie?

There is an option to 'Override Play button' in the settings. Requires a restart of XBMC after saving the settings.. It is not 100% in 3.0.6, on some systems it starts the script twice.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-09, 23:38)Abshole Wrote: Looked all over for a pack of the BBFC rating system, but couldn't find one. Luckily I remade HD ones of the MPAA system. Anyone have the BBFC?

Also, where's a good side for Audio Format videos?
Hi mate have you got BBFC ratings to work? i can't seem to get them too, MPAA ratings work fine

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-10-17

(2013-10-15, 10:09)wints Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 23:38)Abshole Wrote: Looked all over for a pack of the BBFC rating system, but couldn't find one. Luckily I remade HD ones of the MPAA system. Anyone have the BBFC?

Hi mate have you got BBFC ratings to work? i can't seem to get them too, MPAA ratings work fine

Depending on how XBMC stores the BBFC in two different methods, UK: PG or UK PG. If the first method is used, this creates an improper filename(it has a colon in it) the other method has the script looking for a file called 'UK PG.avi" for the rating. I am going to make a change(more like a Fix) that will have the script looking for just 'PG.avi' in the next release... If XBMC stores the BBFC rating differently on your system, please inform me..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - prawnee - 2013-10-17

(2013-10-17, 15:18)giftie Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 10:09)wints Wrote:

Depending on how XBMC stores the BBFC in two different methods, UK: PG or UK PG. If the first method is used, this creates an improper filename(it has a colon in it) the other method has the script looking for a file called 'UK PG.avi" for the rating. I am going to make a change(more like a Fix) that will have the script looking for just 'PG.avi' in the next release... If XBMC stores the BBFC rating differently on your system, please inform me..

I have this successfully setup. I will check on my file names when i get home and report back. BTW i use UK: as my rating.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2013-10-17

Thanks for the replys guys, sorry but im bit confused with this, "If XBMC stores the BBFC rating differently on your system" how / where do i find out what method my XBMC is storing them as? cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-10-17

(2013-10-17, 17:17)wints Wrote: Thanks for the replys guys, sorry but im bit confused with this, "If XBMC stores the BBFC rating differently on your system" how / where do i find out what method my XBMC is storing them as? cheers

You need to view your Video database and check out column c12 in the movieview view.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2013-10-18

Hi thanks for that giftie, just had a look in %AppData%\xbmc\userdata\Database\ and i dont have a movieview i do have a "ViewModes4.db" though is that one if so what do you view it with? cheers again

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Abshole - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-11, 05:48)giftie Wrote: There is an option to 'Override Play button' in the settings. Requires a restart of XBMC after saving the settings.. It is not 100% in 3.0.6, on some systems it starts the script twice.

I'll have to give that a try.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-18, 10:29)wints Wrote: Hi thanks for that giftie, just had a look in %AppData%\xbmc\userdata\Database\ and i dont have a movieview i do have a "ViewModes4.db" though is that one if so what do you view it with? cheers again

You need to open up the database - MyVideosXX.db(the XX represents the highest number) to find the movieview view.

RE Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script failed addon.py - rmwilson - 2013-10-20

Hello,

Was wondering if any one can help ... I have a number of questions and I am getting a ERROR script addon.py failed when i press the cinema button in the info screen off a movie

Please help.....

1. I am running confluence skin
2. I placed the mod code into the DialogVideoInfo file --- The code below is what i added to the flile

Start ADD>>>>>>>>>

<control type="button" id="14">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

End ADDED CODE >>>>>>>> below is the existing code that was there. (I don't think i disrupted any of the closing control tags </control> from where I inserted the code (above)

</control>
</control>
</control>
<include>Clock</include>
</controls>
</window>

3. ---? where does the folder structure have to sit? Does it sit on one of my media sources in the video folder?
- Can i just have it sit on a non media source drive? I do not have it in a sub folder of video?

4- I looked at the new inserted code in the 'Dialog Video Info ' file and notice that it has this reference - the second last line of code
"<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>"

when I look in xbmc> addons I don't see a sub dir of "/script.cinema.experience/addon.py) ---- Should I?

-- am i looking in the right spot? can I assume ://home/addons means - c:\xbmc\addons

Any ideas how to fix this error an getting this great feature to work?

my log file can be found here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=71709

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmwilson - 2013-10-20

Above problem now seems to be fixed its now working!!

Although I am having issues with the trivia...

Should trivia be all in one folder?

How do i set it up so it can do single stand along image triva slides and Q&A slides... I have all media in one folder and it seems to be jumping around... it will ask teh question but will not show answer as it goes to say a staic slide?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-10-20

Check out the CE wiki, or my site for information about how to set up trivia.