Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2014-03-05

@giftie

Any news about the New Version with fix for openelec?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-03-05

Hi.
I updated from frodo to gotham beta and have now major issues with cinema experience. When I use cinema experience and a movie ends, the script won't work anymore when I try to watch another movie with cinema experience. The script won't start at all, it just exits from video info screen. Sometimes ce launches randomly after few seconds.
I use transparency and I have selected cinema experience to show in movie info screen.
When I try to exit xbmc, xbmc crashes if I have used cinema experience. When cinema experience is disabled, xbmc quits nicely without crashing.

Another thing: do I need to modify automation.py somehow to get it work with eventghost? now when I updated xbmc, eventghost doesn't receive events from xbmc anymore.

Here's debug log: xbmc.log

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-05, 23:01)weirdinin Wrote: Hi.
I updated from frodo to gotham beta and have now major issues with cinema experience. When I use cinema experience and a movie ends, the script won't work anymore when I try to watch another movie with cinema experience. The script won't start at all, it just exits from video info screen. Sometimes ce launches randomly after few seconds.
I use transparency and I have selected cinema experience to show in movie info screen.
When I try to exit xbmc, xbmc crashes if I have used cinema experience. When cinema experience is disabled, xbmc quits nicely without crashing.

Another thing: do I need to modify automation.py somehow to get it work with eventghost? now when I updated xbmc, eventghost doesn't receive events from xbmc anymore.

Here's debug log: xbmc.log

The script is failing with the home_automation.py you are using... The EventGhost version is available here -> https://github.com/Giftie/home_automation.py/tree/Event_Ghost

Replace it and all should be good. Also the eventghost setup instructions are available here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=1554715#pid1554715

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-03-06

Changed the eventghost version of the automation.py file and restarted xbmc but the problem is still there.

xbmc.log

Could it be that I modified two lines of the dialogvideoinfo.xml to prevent jumping in movie library. Perhpas there is someting that transparency skin doesn't approve:

Code:
<control type="button" id="1112">
                    <posx>1195</posx>
                    <posy>471</posy>
                    <width>48</width>
                    <height>48</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <font>-</font>
                    <texturefocus>cinema-focus.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>cinema-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onleft>11</onleft>
                    <onright>11</onright>
                    <onup>1113</onup>
                    <ondown>50</ondown>
                    <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>
                </control>
These are the modified lines:

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-06, 10:03)weirdinin Wrote: Changed the eventghost version of the automation.py file and restarted xbmc but the problem is still there.

xbmc.log

Could it be that I modified two lines of the dialogvideoinfo.xml to prevent jumping in movie library. Perhpas there is someting that transparency skin doesn't approve:

Code:
<control type="button" id="1112">
                    <posx>1195</posx>
                    <posy>471</posy>
                    <width>48</width>
                    <height>48</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <font>-</font>
                    <texturefocus>cinema-focus.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>cinema-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onleft>11</onleft>
                    <onright>11</onright>
                    <onup>1113</onup>
                    <ondown>50</ondown>
                </control>
These are the modified lines:

Code:

What it looks like is that you tried to start Cinema Experience less than 1 min of ending the video playback. This causes XBMC to another instance of Cinema Experience before the previous one is finished. It can cause the first instance to clear the playlist that the second one is trying to create. This seems to give the error that I see in the script. Also it seems you use an external video player, which the script does not always play nice with(though doesnt seem to be the problem)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-03-06

Ok. To narrow the problem I removed advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml files from the user data folder so that xbmc uses its default player and no extra settings is included (though as you said, external player is likely not the problem. In frodo external player worked just fine with ce, which was great). This is what I did after that:

1. unistalled ce from xbmc. Removed ce from user folder and from Roaming\XBMC\addons.
2. launched xbmc and installed ce. Changed the automation.py to the eventghost version. Defined some ce settings (like trailers, and intros etc.). Enabled debug log.
3. Rebooted xbmc. Waited some time and selected a movie (from info screen hit the ce icon)
3. Let the script flow until playback ended. Everything was fine so far.
4. waited 5 min. and tried to select another movie (again from ce icon in the info screen)
result: xbmc returned to movie library and then nothing happened.
5.Then I waited again 5 min. and tried to launch ce but nothing happened. Xbmc just went back to movie library.
6. tried to shutdown xbmc but before I hit the exit button, ce started suddenly
7. stopped the playback and waited some time again.
8.tried to shutdown xbmc but it crashes when hit the exit button. End of story.

So if ce starts another session right after playback, it does it without user input. There must be something wrong in the code of ce or then in my skin settings or something else.

debug log is here (too big for pastebin): http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/505813/xbmc-log.html

And thank you for your efforts to solve this issue. CE is the best part of the xbmc. The biggest wow factor when combined with some home automation.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-03-07

(2014-03-06, 23:21)weirdinin Wrote: Ok. To narrow the problem I removed advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml files from the user data folder so that xbmc uses its default player and no extra settings is included (though as you said, external player is likely not the problem. In frodo external player worked just fine with ce, which was great). This is what I did after that:

1. unistalled ce from xbmc. Removed ce from user folder and from Roaming\XBMC\addons.
2. launched xbmc and installed ce. Changed the automation.py to the eventghost version. Defined some ce settings (like trailers, and intros etc.). Enabled debug log.
3. Rebooted xbmc. Waited some time and selected a movie (from info screen hit the ce icon)
3. Let the script flow until playback ended. Everything was fine so far.
4. waited 5 min. and tried to select another movie (again from ce icon in the info screen)
result: xbmc returned to movie library and then nothing happened.
5.Then I waited again 5 min. and tried to launch ce but nothing happened. Xbmc just went back to movie library.
6. tried to shutdown xbmc but before I hit the exit button, ce started suddenly
7. stopped the playback and waited some time again.
8.tried to shutdown xbmc but it crashes when hit the exit button. End of story.

So if ce starts another session right after playback, it does it without user input. There must be something wrong in the code of ce or then in my skin settings or something else.

debug log is here (too big for pastebin): http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/505813/xbmc-log.html

And thank you for your efforts to solve this issue. CE is the best part of the xbmc. The biggest wow factor when combined with some home automation.

It seems like XBMC took a lot of time to report the error regarding the player has stopped. The script actually is waiting for this error, this is how it tracks the playback of the last video file. It actually triggered as you were selecting beowolf, which messed things up...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-03-07

mm.. I'll try to reinstall xbmc too and run it with default skin and settings, and instead of smb shares i'll try to play some local files from hard drive. I'll report later if that helps.
Any ideas what could be the cause of xbmc being so luggish to report that playback has ended?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-03-07

The script is not intended to be run in this manner - run again right after it has finished. XBMC could have been busy doing other things.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-03-07

Fresh installation didnt make any difference. It seems to me that this is not just the way ce should work since no matter how long I wait, second session with ce fails. I waited 10 minutes after ending of playback. Looks like xbmc stays busy until it's restarted. And it stays busy only if ce has been used. Normal playback of movies doesnt arouse this problem. At least I think so, since xbmc quits fast and nice. But when ce has been used, xbmc wait some time before it ends, which tells that there's something going on that xbmc needs to end before quitting.

One thing that I noticed btw: if I use default settings of dialogvideoinfo.xml of transparency, it takes about 10 seconds before ce starts. I modified file from
Code:
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_MovieInfo)</visible>
to
Code:
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_MovieInfo)</visible>
The change of one line made the starting of ce much quicker. Perhaps I could make the ending of the script also happen by modifying the xml file. What that line <visible>some code</visible> does? Looks like a trial and error kind of thing if I try to fix this Smile. Well, there's plenty of time, whole night before need to go to work Big Grin

I assume this issue won't get fixed any time soon so I made a quite dirty workaround:
made a cmd file that kills xbmc.exe after movie theatre outro video. Then eventghost wait couple of seconds and restart xbmc. Quests won't notice the difference since transitions are smooth thanks to fast starting of gotham and to using eventghost as a shell instead of explorer.exe

If you need or want my xbmc debug log, tell me.

(2014-03-07, 21:49)weirdinin Wrote: Fresh installation didnt make any difference. It seems to me that this is not just the way ce should work since no matter how long I wait, second session with ce fails. I waited 10 minutes after ending of playback. Looks like xbmc stays busy until it's restarted. And it stays busy only if ce has been used. Normal playback of movies doesnt arouse this problem. At least I think so, since xbmc quits fast and nice. But when ce has been used, xbmc wait some time before it ends, which tells that there's something going on that xbmc needs to end before quitting.

One thing that I noticed btw: if I use default settings of dialogvideoinfo.xml of transparency, it takes about 10 seconds before ce starts. I modified file from
Code:
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
to
Code:
The change of one line made the starting of ce much quicker. Perhaps I could make the ending of the script also happen by modifying the xml file. What that line <visible>some code</visible> does? Looks like a trial and error kind of thing if I try to fix this Smile. Well, there's plenty of time, whole night before need to go to work Big Grin

I assume this issue won't get fixed any time soon so I made a quite dirty workaround:
made a cmd file that kills xbmc.exe after movie theatre outro video. Then eventghost wait couple of seconds and restart xbmc. Quests won't notice the difference since transitions are smooth thanks to fast starting of gotham and to using eventghost as a shell instead of explorer.exe

If you need or want my xbmc debug log, tell me.

The <visible></visible> hides the button if your not on Movies and you have the setting for Cinema Experience set in Skin Settings(nothing to do with the script)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoa2014 - 2014-03-08

Here is the full debug log that you asked for, giftie.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141222

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-03-08

(2014-03-08, 14:18)hoa2014 Wrote: Here is the full debug log that you asked for, giftie.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141222

There are no errors in that log.. In fact Cinema Experience is functioning properly.. To use the Multiple Feature option in Cinema Experience, you need to use a skin that supports it(or learn how to add a Favorite and set it up properly) Going to the Video Info Dialog will always start it in single mode. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Cinema_Experience#Window_ID

You need to queue the videos when using the multiple feature mode, there should be a notification bar on the screen showing instuctions if the script has been started in the multiple feature mode.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jelly - 2014-03-08

Hi giftie,

I downloaded your BBFC ratings avi's from this thread but there doesn't seem to be one for 18 rated movies, only U.PG,12,12A,15 and R18?

I've spent ages rescanning or manually updating movies for UK ratings and only just noticed this. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-03-08

(2014-03-08, 21:06)jelly Wrote: Hi giftie,

I downloaded your BBFC ratings avi's from this thread but there doesn't seem to be one for 18 rated movies, only U.PG,12,12A,15 and R18?

I've spent ages rescanning or manually updating movies for UK ratings and only just noticed this. Sad

Check out CinemaVison's Rating section for updated videos, those found on MediaFire are originally from one of the packs floating around.