Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - revned - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-15, 23:50)revned Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 18:25)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 10:22)revned Wrote: Is it possible to let the script play a random movie from the library?

Since the removal of HTTP-API from XBMC(now going on 2 years) there is no direct method of randomly choosing a movie to play. A script can be created that can poll XBMC for all of the Movie ID's then randomly choose an ID. Then it can call the script with the ID.

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this Sad

Is there anyone who can help me with this? I managed to create a smart playlist with only 1 random film in it. From there I can start Cinema Experience from the info screen of the movie. But what I really want is a button on the homescreen that automatically starts cinema experience with this movie.

I know how to create a shortcut on the homescreen to the smart playlist. I even know how to create a shortcut on the homescreen that automatically starts the movie in the smart playlist. So it feels like I'm so close, yet so far away...

I tried overriding the play button in settings, but this really quirks up my XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - thejoker030 - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-15, 06:20)aptalca Wrote: Yup it's the back button. I did that same thing. . . Set the trivia for a long time and I press the back button when everyone is settled

Thank you guys so much! Worked perfectly!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dbldown768 - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-14, 05:51)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 02:18)dbldown768 Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 01:57)giftie Wrote: This should be fixed in the next release

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a work around I can try? Could you elaborate on the issue? I rolled back to version 3.0.6 and worked but then the same problem came back even on that version.

On some systems, the script will attempt to open full screen video before XBMC has the video ready to play. This seems to happen mostly on OpenElec systems and some windows systems. All previous versions have the same code.

I know it is not typically recommended, but If i pull from the github repository will this fix be included?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmilyard - 2014-04-27

giftie any eta for next release?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rferrar1 - 2014-04-27

Is there anyway to ensure that the trailers CE plays are both popular and within the same genre as the movie being played? Too often the trailers that are played are either for a foreign movie, or destined to be straight-to-video. I'd really like CE to play trailers for movies that are among the most popular, unwatched, and unreleased.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sqrtlsqd7 - 2014-04-28

(2014-04-27, 20:45)rferrar1 Wrote: Is there anyway to ensure that the trailers CE plays are both popular and within the same genre as the movie being played? Too often the trailers that are played are either for a foreign movie, or destined to be straight-to-video. I'd really like CE to play trailers for movies that are among the most popular, unwatched, and unreleased.

I have a similar experience although my situation is that I often get the same few trailers repeating every time I start CE. Is there a way to add more streaming trailer sources other than Apple trailers?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmilyard - 2014-04-29

Lately I seem to be getting random times I have no sound.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - marcostudios - 2014-04-29

I would like to have Italian Trailers, or if someone have an italian trailer streaming site can you tell me? Thanks Big Grin

Cinema Experience set up - bigjon216 - 2014-05-01

hello all my names john
I Hope I'am In Right place, I just reinstalled XBMC Frodo 12.3 on my windows 7 also download script.cinema.experience.3.0.3 zip file and using back row ... now I cant get cinema experience up and running can some one please help me? thank you

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2014-05-02

@giftie

could you take a look at my Debug Log please. I´m using latest openelec release 3.95.7. But the problem has the version before too.

I have one coming attraction intro, then a trailer and at last the movie rating video. In setting i have the disable auto refresh setting not enabled.

Most of my trailer are in 23,976 hz but not all, so i dont use the disable refresh setting.

When i now play a movie the coming attration intro has the rigth refresh rate. When the trailer starts, the screen jump to 60 hz and then back to the right 23,976 hz.

i´m using ce 4.0.11. The problem comes with one of the last versions.

Here is the debug file and i hope you could find the problem Smile

Thanks for you help.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=191129

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - greg_p - 2014-05-02

Just a question about using the Trailer Scraper options. I have been using CE fine for about a year, but lately for some reason my trailers have become the same ones over and over. I'm using the "Apple movie trailers (newest)" option, streaming 1080p, and the "select only unwatched" option is selected.
I do see another option " Apple movie trailers (database)" , Play mode "stream" , and the database path is "special://profile/addon_data/script.apple.movie.trailers/amt.db"
I don't know what this option refers to . is this a better way to get the newest trailers? Any assistance appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - greg_p - 2014-05-02

When trailers are loaded for playback, Is there a way to prevent the file info from starting up for an instant before the trailers begin? For example the name of the movie slides down at the top of the screen for 2-3 seconds, then slides back up. Same as on the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to not have these "info bars" i call them sliding in and out of the viewing area. and I am using the apple streaming option
Thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-05-03

(2014-05-02, 20:36)greg_p Wrote: When trailers are loaded for playback, Is there a way to prevent the file info from starting up for an instant before the trailers begin? For example the name of the movie slides down at the top of the screen for 2-3 seconds, then slides back up. Same as on the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to not have these "info bars" i call them sliding in and out of the viewing area. and I am using the apple streaming option
Thanks

Not something the add on can control. Though skin developers can add code to these windows to not display if Cinema Experience is running. They just need to check a skin property(posted in Skin Development when the feature was added)

(2014-05-02, 19:49)greg_p Wrote: Just a question about using the Trailer Scraper options. I have been using CE fine for about a year, but lately for some reason my trailers have become the same ones over and over. I'm using the "Apple movie trailers (newest)" option, streaming 1080p, and the "select only unwatched" option is selected.
I do see another option " Apple movie trailers (database)" , Play mode "stream" , and the database path is "special://profile/addon_data/script.apple.movie.trailers/amt.db"
I don't know what this option refers to . is this a better way to get the newest trailers? Any assistance appreciated.

Apple movie trailers(amt) was an add on that would store and organize the trailers in a database. This add on has no been developed for some time and the setting option has been removed in the next version.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmilyard - 2014-05-03

I am running Gotham rc1 now and still have issues with slides playing out of order. Also the random some video files have no sound.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-05-03

(2014-05-03, 16:01)rmilyard Wrote: I am running Gotham rc1 now and still have issues with slides playing out of order. Also the random some video files have no sound.

Debug logs are always required as they show exact information(XBMC and add on versions for one)

Also the script does not control video sound. Though there was a bug on the add on's GIT that cause the sound to be turned all the way down(the slideshow timer was not being cleared). But you have to be brave to use the GIT version..

(2014-05-02, 11:14)Eisi2005 Wrote: @giftie

could you take a look at my Debug Log please. I´m using latest openelec release 3.95.7. But the problem has the version before too.

I have one coming attraction intro, then a trailer and at last the movie rating video. In setting i have the disable auto refresh setting not enabled.

Most of my trailer are in 23,976 hz but not all, so i dont use the disable refresh setting.

When i now play a movie the coming attration intro has the rigth refresh rate. When the trailer starts, the screen jump to 60 hz and then back to the right 23,976 hz.

i´m using ce 4.0.11. The problem comes with one of the last versions.

Here is the debug file and i hope you could find the problem Smile

Thanks for you help.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=191129

I don't see where the script is affecting the 'refresh rate' in your log especially since you have it turned off. I'll dig into it and get back to you.

(2014-05-01, 23:40)bigjon216 Wrote: hello all my names john
I Hope I'am In Right place, I just reinstalled XBMC Frodo 12.3 on my windows 7 also download script.cinema.experience.3.0.3 zip file and using back row ... now I cant get cinema experience up and running can some one please help me? thank you

Version 3.0.3 is an old version. 3.0.10 is the current version on the official XBMC repo. Also, how are you trying to run the add on?