Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2015-03-08

Will and can anybody else care about CE because Giftie left?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2015-03-08

(2015-03-08, 03:38)purplehaze Wrote: Has anyone figured out a way to change the order in which the videos play? I would like to have the countdown video play right before the movie. Like it worked way back when...
There's no built in way to move segments around in the script. That said, you can just play a different video. For example, for the Movie Theater Intro setting, select a countdown video as the video to play.

(2015-03-08, 17:02)moravec Wrote: Will and can anybody else care about CE because Giftie left?

There's no indication that giftie has left at all. I know he ran into some personal issues and I'm sure he's still working through them. We should all be as supportive as possible, and not let our selfishness leak into conversations about his add-ons. We all want this thing to work, primarily because it's such a cool addition to our home theaters, but please remember that it's been maintained and improved upon for free by a few talented people for a very long time. Lets try to be patient.

That said, Lunatixz, the developer behind PseudoTV Live (an incredible plugin for Kodi, check it out) has agreed to help us out. He's going over the code now, and making attempts to fix what's broken. Once he's got something solid, he will upload the changes to gifties Cinema Experience page on Github where it will need to be approved by giftie. If giftie doesn't approve the change, it won't be published. In that case, we'll publish the changes (keeping in mind that it's unofficial) to the CinemaVision Github so that it's available to the community again. I hope this answers your question, and I personally want to take the time to say thank you to Lunatixz for helping us out here.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - orby - 2015-03-08

Quote:That said, Lunatixz, the developer behind PseudoTV Live (an incredible plugin for Kodi, check it out) has agreed to help us out. He's going over the code now, and making attempts to fix what's broken. Once he's got something solid, he will upload the changes to gifties Cinema Experience page on Github where it will need to be approved by giftie. If giftie doesn't approve the change, it won't be published. In that case, we'll publish the changes (keeping in mind that it's unofficial) to the CinemaVision Github so that it's available to the community again. I hope this answers your question, and I personally want to take the time to say thank you to Lunatixz for helping us out here.

my appreciation also to Lunatixz i had an attempt but my idea's of where it was broken had no impact with changes i made so someone with more knowledge than me looking is most welcome Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - fe-cologne - 2015-03-09

(2015-03-05, 22:56)fe-cologne Wrote: Hi guys,

here is a brief question from a beginner. :-)
I'm trying desperately to speak with my LIGHTMANAGER PRO with a URL.
If the main movie starts, the following URL should be called:

http://192.168.0.250/control?key=10

I tried it this way:

elif trigger == "Movie" and ha_settings[ "ha_movie" ]:
urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.0.250/control?key=10')
pass

When I call the URL in a browser on the same pc, the light comes on.
The setting for "triggering when movie starts" ist set.
So what's wrong? :-(

For a tip I would be very grateful!
many greetings
fe-cologne

Hello guys,

is my problem one of these things that doesn't work because of a bug inside the code?
If so, I don't need to search for a solution any more. Confused

greetings

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2015-03-09

I personally believe so. I've read that Event Ghost changed the way things interact with the program in the latest releases. Updating the home automation script to work with the new versions is on the list of issues that I gave Lunatixz. If you're up for it, play with the code using the most recent Event Ghost and it's documentation, and post your working results here for Lunatixz to see. It might help him out to know what works.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - itsratso - 2015-03-10

i have fixed almost all my bugs by simply going to github.com and searching for cinema experience and downloading the latest zip build. install from that - the kodi repo does not have the latest builds. btw I can also confirm the only thing that is not working for me is background music for trivia - I get an error log message. I have tried both music folder and playlist.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - fe-cologne - 2015-03-10

Hi itsratso,

I downloaded this from github:

https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema.experience

but after installation I noticed that kodi wants to update this version. So i did it and after update, CE is now again installed in version 4.0.1.0. which is the same version I've installed from the repo?!?!

(SRY for my bad english Angel )

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - itsratso - 2015-03-11

perhaps they have updated then recently? there was a thread on here a while ago that said they had not updated to the current version through kodi and to go to github for the current version. perhaps this has changed lately.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2015-03-12

(2015-03-10, 19:28)fe-cologne Wrote: Hi itsratso,

I downloaded this from github:

https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema.experience

but after installation I noticed that kodi wants to update this version. So i did it and after update, CE is now again installed in version 4.0.1.0. which is the same version I've installed from the repo?!?!

(SRY for my bad english Angel )

The GitHub version has worked very well for what I use it for.
But, yes, the GitHub version shows up as 3.0.x so Kodi wants to update it.
You have to change add-on updates to "notify" or "disable", then rollback.
Also the addon_data folder is called "script.cinema.experience-master".

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - werewolf80 - 2015-03-20

(2013-04-05, 02:50)giftie Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 16:34)evenzak Wrote: I've been using the new Couchpotato add-on which integrates with HD Trailers and Apple trailers to allow you to directly add a movie to the Couchpotato wanted list while watching trailers. Would it be possible to integrate Cinema Experience as well? I always end up adding new movies when I watch trailers and it would be fantastic if I could do that with this script as well.

I don't know if I will add Couchpotato integration to the script. At least not yet.

Still not an option you would want to add?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - shaktoo - 2015-03-23

Still working well with windows 8.1 & Isengard . Giftie bless you where ever you are

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - Cannot remove plugin - Gerbrand - 2015-03-24

The plugin can't be deactivated or removed
Kodi on OSMC RC Raspberry 2
Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pnybwpfu4

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Purge - 2015-03-25

I am using Kodibuntu with Hyperion to control my Ambilight.

Hyperion not work correctly after starting a Movie with cinema Experience
When i start CE the lights have a big delay and looking some kind of static.

Any one else managed to get Hyperion work with CE ?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - cabrio - 2015-03-26

I wonder if anyone knows why such a long pause between launching CE and it actually playing anything. I have 4 different machines and one storage location. Doesn't seem to matter what version of Kodi, what skin, or whether or not the files are local to that machine, networked or taking trailers from Apple. My wait can be anywhere from 15-20 seconds for local or online trailers to as much as a minute. Love this addon, just wondering why this is happening. Every video I have seen online seems to start it right away.
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2015-03-26

When you launch CE it runs a script and begins the cue of videos to play. It has to do some thinking to pull the correct videos. This always akes a bit of time, unless you don't have many choices in videos. As for the length of the delay, I'd say it's because CE hasn't been re-optimized since Frodo. Giftie hasn't been able to return and to this point no one else has taken on the task of forking the add-on to bring it up to date.