Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- atomicwedgie - 2011-01-25

Here's how my wife and I are using this...

I have edited and renamed a lot of the videos originally linked on this thread. I've broken them down to other groups.

I now have folders as follows:

Audio
Coming Attractions Intros
Coming Attractions Outros
Courtesy (Cell phone warnings, no talking, garbage, etc)
Feature Presentation Intros
Feature Presentation Outros
Movie Theater Intros
Movie Theater Outros
Our Intros (custom theater intros)
Ratings
Refreshments
Refreshments Drive In (I can swap these into Refreshments if desired)
Trivia Intros
Trivia Outros

Here's how we've changed the setup...

Trivia
..Intro (use Curtain open + Refreshment messages)
....Slides + Music
..Outro (A personalized Theatre welcome)

Movie Theatre Intro (Use courtesy messages)

Movie Trailers
..Intro
....Trailers
..Outro (Our personalized Theater intro)

I know the trivia intro doesn't work yet. What I am doing is adding the opening curtain video to the beginning of all Refreshment videos.

When I am done renaming and editing the videos, I will make them available for download on my site. As I said I separated many of the original videos that were all in one file so they can be categorized and found higher resolution replacements for some.

- Targettio - 2011-01-25

Harro Wrote:I had the same buffering issue's tjat everyone else had and just decided to download to a local folder instead. Now trailers play great.

I don't think that this has been figured out yet.
Also if I can remember correctly, I believe Giftie has said the "Misc" is not working or null.
Also have you found anything, addon or script that would define your needs in the lights? And if so could those be shared, so to help with making the CE a better experience for others?

Thanks, I assumed it was a 'sidelined' feature while he worked on the main aspects of the script.

I am in the process of developing my own addon(s) to control an arduino, which in turn controls my lights via RF (http://www.homeeasy.eu/).

I have been struggling to get xbmc's python to communicate with the arduino via usb.

In order to overcome these issues I have bought an ethernet shield for my arduino which should allow me to use an HTTP/JSON type communication which I hope will work better.

If I make any worthwhile progress then I will post something on here. But it could be a while

- Invincer - 2011-01-25

Is anyone else running into an issue where the movie just will not play? I have everything pointed to the folders and files I had used previously on HTE, but in trying the script with a number of different skins it runs the cinema files, but then just goes back to the movie menu screen on the next movie after the one I had selected (but of course without playing the selected movie).

Used Confluence with
<control type="button" id="13"> <description>Home Theatre</description> <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include> <label>Cinema</label> <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick> <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick> <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick> <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible> </control>

also tried Transparancy on the icon, same problem

- kevron - 2011-01-25

I've had that problem pretty randomly. I just started the movie when that happened. It has only happened maybe 3 times to me. Since it was completely random I didn't bother with a log.

- Harro - 2011-01-25

Invincer Wrote:Is anyone else running into an issue where the movie just will not play? I have everything pointed to the folders and files I had used previously on HTE, but in trying the script with a number of different skins it runs the cinema files, but then just goes back to the movie menu screen on the next movie after the one I had selected (but of course without playing the selected movie).

Used Confluence with
<control type="button" id="13"> <description>Home Theatre</description> <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include> <label>Cinema</label> <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick> <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick> <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick> <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible> </control>

also tried Transparancy on the icon, same problem

See this Post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=667121&postcount=1

- Invincer - 2011-01-25

Tried the change to

<control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

Didn't help; same problem. Mine isn't random, it happens every time I try it. Guess I will try a log, thought maybe there was something simple maybe I was missing

- Harro - 2011-01-25

Invincer Wrote:Tried the change to

<control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

Didn't help; same problem. Mine isn't random, it happens every time I try it. Guess I will try a log, thought maybe there was something simple maybe I was missing

Is this the same problem? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=669700&postcount=175

- giftie - 2011-01-26

Targettio Wrote:Thanks, I assumed it was a 'sidelined' feature while he worked on the main aspects of the script.

I am in the process of developing my own addon(s) to control an arduino, which in turn controls my lights via RF (http://www.homeeasy.eu/).

I have been struggling to get xbmc's python to communicate with the arduino via usb.

In order to overcome these issues I have bought an ethernet shield for my arduino which should allow me to use an HTTP/JSON type communication which I hope will work better.

If I make any worthwhile progress then I will post something on here. But it could be a while

Once I get some specifics done, I will work on breaking the functions down. This will then allow reorganizing the 'playback' This will then allow to add this feature into the script and others.

- rflores2323 - 2011-01-26

I have added the repo repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons.zip and it shows that there is an update however when I try to update it fails. Anybody know why?

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-26

rflores2323 Wrote:I have added the repo repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons.zip and it shows that there is an update however when I try to update it fails. Anybody know why?

Richard,
It shows there is an update with he cinema script or the repo itself?

- Targettio - 2011-01-26

giftie Wrote:Once I get some specifics done, I will work on breaking the functions down. This will then allow reorganizing the 'playback' This will then allow to add this feature into the script and others.

OK, cool. I assumed it would be pretty low down the list of stuff to do. Thanks for taking the script on, and good luck with it.

- Invincer - 2011-01-26

Harro Wrote:Is this the same problem? http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=669700&postcount=175

Nope, not at all the same problem. In his situation he had a line
<onclick>Action(Queue,25)</onclick>
that should not have been in the code from what everyone was saying. Plus his problem was it played the wrong movie, mine doesn't play the movie at all, but acts like it did moving to the next movie in the menu and showing the movie I had selected as being watched (though it never was)

- rflores2323 - 2011-01-26

SlaveUnit Wrote:Richard,
It shows there is an update with he cinema script or the repo itself?

in the repo itself however it fails to update it.

- giftie - 2011-01-26

Invincer Wrote:Nope, not at all the same problem. In his situation he had a line
<onclick>Action(Queue,25)</onclick>
that should not have been in the code from what everyone was saying. Plus his problem was it played the wrong movie, mine doesn't play the movie at all, but acts like it did moving to the next movie in the menu and showing the movie I had selected as being watched (though it never was)

Does script run(ie trivia, intros, etc.)?

If it does, could you post your xbmc.log file to pastebin..

Thanks..

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-27

rflores2323 Wrote:in the repo itself however it fails to update it.

Probably unrelated but mine now says "ERROR: SCRIPT FAILED UPDATER". Then once the python script fails my system becomes all jerky in the menus. Then when I go to close it, it crashes.

Im not sure this is referring to he google repo though. Im actually guessing this has to do with the Aeon MQ2 skin. So I shouldnt have even posted here . Oops.