Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- ezechiel1917 - 2011-04-13

Just create a new file , put this text into it:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<busydialogdelay>2000</busydialogdelay>
</advancedsettings>

save it as advancedsettings.xml to xbmc userdata folder and restart xbmc.

andrewf Wrote:Thanks for this but to ask a dumb question...how do I amend xml files. I've tried to figure this out before without any luck. I'm using XBMC live if that makes a difference.

Cheers Andy

Trivia Problem - gregms - 2011-04-13

I've having trouble getting trivia to work. Any thought on what could be the cause? The logs show this:

Code:
File "C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\addon.py", line 361, in _play_trivia
     import quizlib.mq_ce_play as moviequiz
ImportError: No module named mq_ce_play
[script.cinema.experience] - Failed to Load mq_ce_play module
[script.cinema.experience] - ## Intro ##
[ script.cinema.experience ] - [ ce_playlist.py ] - _get_special_items() Started
[ script.cinema.experience ] - [ ce_playlist.py ] - No Items
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\addon.py", line 379, in _play_trivia
     completion = moviequiz.runCinemaExperience( question_type, mode, mpaa, genre, question_limit )
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'moviequiz' referenced before assignment
[script.cinema.experience] - Failed to start script.moviequiz

I can open the MovieQuiz app by itself just fine, but not through Cinema Experience.

- giftie - 2011-04-14

I don't think the Movie Quiz script has been updated yet... You should be able to download a working copy from his Git repo, then it will be fully functioning..

The only trivia working right now(if your not using a development copy of Movie Quiz) is the Slide Show.

I think twinther is hoping to get an updated version out this week... It works well..

gregms Wrote:I've having trouble getting trivia to work. Any thought on what could be the cause? The logs show this:

Code:
File "C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\addon.py", line 361, in _play_trivia
     import quizlib.mq_ce_play as moviequiz
ImportError: No module named mq_ce_play
[script.cinema.experience] - Failed to Load mq_ce_play module
[script.cinema.experience] - ## Intro ##
[ script.cinema.experience ] - [ ce_playlist.py ] - _get_special_items() Started
[ script.cinema.experience ] - [ ce_playlist.py ] - No Items
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\addon.py", line 379, in _play_trivia
     completion = moviequiz.runCinemaExperience( question_type, mode, mpaa, genre, question_limit )
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'moviequiz' referenced before assignment
[script.cinema.experience] - Failed to start script.moviequiz

I can move the MovieQuiz app by itself just fine, but not through Cinema Experience.

- des02 - 2011-04-15

I'm using the Neon skin. I have been trying to use the multiple feature, have it set @ 2 but am not sure how to queue the files. all my trivia/trailers/vids/intros are working fine. ty

- giftie - 2011-04-15

des02 Wrote:I'm using the Neon skin. I have been trying to use the multiple feature, have it set @ 2 but am not sure how to queue the files. all my trivia/trailers/vids/intros are working fine. ty

I don't think Neon has the necessary code to activate the multiple freature option in the script. Night(svn) Transparency, Aeon MQ2 are skins that have the necessary code. You could ask on the Neon Skin thread

- andrewf - 2011-04-15

Giftie

Can i ask...I use MQ2 and the debug log addon I've got doesn't look like the screendump in the thread you have linked to. There is only email and folder options for me. cant see where I could 'post' to pastebin? Huh

- giftie - 2011-04-16

andrewf Wrote:Giftie

Can i ask...I use MQ2 and the debug log addon I've got doesn't look like the screendump in the thread you have linked to. There is only email and folder options for me. cant see where I could 'post' to pastebin? Huh

You must have opened the Addon Settings(which do need to be setup) All you need to do is click on the Debug Log script in the programs menu. Not sure what you are using(Remote, keyboard, or other means) to navigate through XBMC, but if Using a remote you should only need to hit the Ok/Select button, or with a keyboard press Enter

- bluenote - 2011-04-17

Hey giftie

Sorry to keep harping on this! I set aside some serious time to devote to fixing and troubleshooting the "hang" that occurs with local-streamed trailers and I came up with some very interesting results I think you will be interested in.

First - I completely cleared my movies database, deleted .nfo's, removed the source, etcetera. I re-scanned from scratch. (sigh, my watched status...).

I then did a bunch of troubleshooting on single trailers, etcetera. The funny behaviour I eventually identified is this:

With only 'coming attractions' (it doesnt matter if its coming attractions or theater intro, actually) video enabled + 3 streaming local library trailers, I ran 10 consecutive hangs.

Disable any videos BEFORE trailers, 10 consecutive successes.

I didn't make another log since you said there wasn't really anything to see in the last one, but I am certainly willing to do so again if need be.

One other thing I discovered, pressing stop during the trailers has a high rate of what i will call a "menu hang", where xbmc is "paused" with only background, and responds to nothing. I don't actually care too much about this bug but I tested it vs. pressing stop on trailers launched from info-trailer, and I could not create the hang. [EDIT: actually, this happens pressing stop on the local coming attractions/feature/etc videos too].

I'd really like to get this working and it seems like there's a bug in the plugin or playlist functionality.

EDIT: I noticed when the "trailer hang" happens after coming attractions video (or whatever video) ends, if I bring up the a/v menu and press 'next' it just exits to the menu immediately.

EDIT2: If I use the a/v menu and press 'next' before end of the coming attractions video, I also have a 100% success rate. (trailers play properly) So it seems like its the transition betewen local videos and streams from library.!!!!
I hope this is valuable!!

What to do next?

thanks for your time!

- omegatek - 2011-04-17

bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie

Sorry to keep harping on this! I set aside some serious time to devote to fixing and troubleshooting the "hang" that occurs with local-streamed trailers and I came up with some very interesting results I think you will be interested in.

First - I completely cleared my movies database, deleted .nfo's, removed the source, etcetera. I re-scanned from scratch. (sigh, my watched status...).

I then did a bunch of troubleshooting on single trailers, etcetera. The funny behaviour I eventually identified is this:

With only 'coming attractions' (it doesnt matter if its coming attractions or theater intro, actually) video enabled + 3 streaming local library trailers, I ran 10 consecutive hangs.

I didn't make another log since you said there wasn't really anything to see in the last one, but I am certainly willing to do so again if need be.

One other thing I discovered, pressing stop during the trailers has a high rate of what i will call a "menu hang", where xbmc is "paused" with only background, and responds to nothing. I don't actually care too much about this bug but I tested it vs. pressing stop on trailers launched from info-trailer, and I could not create the hang. [EDIT: actually, this happens pressing stop on the local coming attractions/feature/etc videos too].

I'd really like to get this working and it seems like there's a bug in the plugin or playlist functionality.

EDIT: I noticed when the "trailer hang" happens after coming attractions video (or whatever video) ends, if I bring up the a/v menu and press 'next' it just exits to the menu immediately.

EDIT2: If I use the a/v menu and press 'next' before end of the coming attractions video, I also have a 100% success rate. (trailers play properly) So it seems like its the transition betewen local videos and streams from library.!!!!

What to do next?

thanks for your time!

You beat me to it. I did all kinds of testing last night and today. I even reverted back to my 10.0 Dharma Build restore image I had saved which worked 100% before I updated to Dharma 10.1 and SVN nightly builds.

Just as you described, it is something between the handoff of a local video to a streamed video that is causing XBMC to hang.

So here is how it breaks down:

1) Playing movie theater intro videos and/or Coming attractions intro video + streaming trailers = 100% Failure, with XBMC freezing or going back to the menu after pressing the "ESC" button.

2) Playing movie theater intro videos and/or Coming attractions video + downloading streaming trailers while trivia is playing= 100% Failure, with XBMC freezing or going back to the menu after pressing the "ESC" button. Although, in this scenario I would like to point out, that the trailers do in fact still download, as I checked the folder where I assigned the trailers to be downloaded and they are there every single time with NFO's and everything. But for some reason, they don't load when it's time for them to play.

3) Playing movie theater intro videos and/or Coming attractions intro video + local trailers(ie: XBMC movie trailers, previously downloaded trailers, ie) = 100% Success.

4) Disabling all videos (movie theater intro and coming attractions intro) before streaming trailers start = 100% Success

So basically, for me it seems, if I want to play streamed trailers I have to make sure no videos play before the trailers. After the trailers finish, all other videos (ie: coming attractions outro, countdown, ratings video, movie) play just fine without any problems.

And here I thought I was the only one having this problem.

If an error/debug log is needed, let me know and I can post mine as well.

BTW, I just want to say thank you Giftie for sharing this amazing piece of code. It is an awesome program. My family and I have a blast using this script Cool

- giftie - 2011-04-17

Thanks for the detailed description... I've been trying to recreate the problem, but have yet to succeed at a hangup... :S As you pointed out, it may be a bug in XBMC shifting from a local url(the normal video file) to a streaming url. a debug log would be quite useful. Hopefully I can recreate the problem(been testing on both my Linux and Windows boxes..) I have local trailers for about 90% of my movies and only a few that have streams. Most of the RTMP streams don't play(probably incorrect in some fashion) If you post a debug log(try to only do a single attempt) and post it on pastebin, maybe I will be able to recreate the problem.

bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie

What to do next?

thanks for your time!

- omegatek - 2011-04-18

Here is my debug log on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/Fiwtj2KU

Hope this helps. Thanks

- andrewf - 2011-04-18

giftie Wrote:You must have opened the Addon Settings(which do need to be setup) All you need to do is click on the Debug Log script in the programs menu. Not sure what you are using(Remote, keyboard, or other means) to navigate through XBMC, but if Using a remote you should only need to hit the Ok/Select button, or with a keyboard press Enter

Thanks for the come back firstly. secondly I believe you are correct. I dont have an addon in the program menu so I may have filed it incorrectly (downloaded them all from the MQ2 website). I will take a look.

- giftie - 2011-04-19

omegatek Wrote:Here is my debug log on pastebin

http://pastebin.com/Fiwtj2KU

Hope this helps. Thanks

Could you try to Stream the trailer '21' (in Drama) using the Apple Movie Trailers video addon and report back.

Thanks

- omegatek - 2011-04-19

Ran the Apple Movie Trailer script in Video Add-Ons

Played "21" trailer under the Drama genre and the resulting debug log is below:

http://pastebin.com/cHRp3s6f

The weird part is it worked fine the 1st time.

I tried running it again, and XBMC just freezes up forcing me to kill the XBMC process in task manager. Huh

Here is the debug log for when XBMC just locked up:

http://pastebin.com/2ZZHeN9r

Thanks for taking time out of your day to take a look.

- bluenote - 2011-04-19

I streamed "21" twice, no problems.