Kodi Community Forum
KinEmote - Kinect Driven Media Control (OpenNI based open source project for Windows) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: KinEmote - Kinect Driven Media Control (OpenNI based open source project for Windows) (/showthread.php?tid=87663)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- pdeg69 - 2010-12-28

@Niclas7, Could it be possible that you remove the wrong driver, reboot and Windows reinstalls the WRONG driver automatically again?

- jitterjames - 2010-12-28

crud Wrote:awesome application, I tried using the ps3 eye and it picked up everynoise but my voice. I was checking out your site and I mighyt go for that remote with the mic in it. great work man, really just awesome

Too bad, I have achieved reasonably good results with the ps3eye, but you can't be sitting too far away from it. Of course a mic near your mouth is obviously ideal.

If you use EventGhost, or Intelliremote you can assign a button to partial mute your system / tell VoxCommando to listen to a single command.

I think it would be cool if we could use a gesture with the Kinect to do something similar.

- Niclas7 - 2010-12-28

pdeg69 Wrote:@Niclas7, Could it be possible that you remove the wrong driver, reboot and Windows reinstalls the WRONG driver automatically again?

Hmm....don't think so since the CL NUI driver's don't exist anymore. I had completely removed them. When checking the devices in device manager I also cannot see any unwanted driver and device. Or do you think there are still remains left ? If yes, where can I find them to remove them ?
At least "dpinst-x86.exe" which is a part of the Sensor installation says that my drivers are fine and actual.

***UPDATE***

Oh well, after just having diconnected and reconnected the Kinect while having the device manager opened while showing hidden devices, Windows indead (re)installed a driver which was the XBOX NUI Audio driver !
So I uninstalled the driver via device manager and finally KinEmote can be started without any errors ! Although Windows still wants to reinstall the driver when disconnecting and reconnecting the Kinect. So now I have to get completely rid of the NUI thing.
But thanks for that hint pdeg69 !

Just wondering why I haven't seen this remaining driver before.... :\

- pdeg69 - 2010-12-29

@Niclas7, I had exactly the same problems. I'm not used to try installing a driver 6 times :-) After the Primesensor camera and motor installed correctly I installed the NUI-audio (ONLY the NUI-audio) driver also to get rid of the driver message. KinEmote still working after that. However there is no use for the audiodriver yet so this is pretty useless atm.

- Niclas7 - 2010-12-29

Ah, ok, then I'll do it the same way and all will be fine. Smile

After having completed the tests on one of my PCs I installed Kinect and the drivers together with KinEmote on my media PC last night and tested it with XBMC.
Cool ! Big Grin
It's a special way of navigating through XBMC and pretty impressing for visitors to see. Wink Although it's takes a short time to understand the way of navigating and using the planes (mid and back).

- Foggy - 2010-12-29

Hi All,

Just to be clear - Can I just buy the Kinect (No console) and connect it to a windows PC via USB -> download KinEmote &Drivers

Best wishes.

- Wanilton - 2010-12-29

Another Question:

This work with PS EYE too?? or only with Kinect...

I have the PS EYE camera installed and running on windows7..with firmware by Laboratories Code.

Thanks

- Johnsel - 2010-12-29

Wanilton Wrote:Another Question:

This work with PS EYE too?? or only with Kinect...

I have the PS EYE camera installed and running on windows7..with firmware by Laboratories Code.

Thanks

No, the PS Eye is a webcam, you need an OpenNI compliant depth sensor.

Foggy Wrote:Hi All,

Just to be clear - Can I just buy the Kinect (No console) and connect it to a windows PC via USB -> download KinEmote &Drivers

Best wishes.

Correct, no XBOX needed.

kinemote .net framework error - llotas - 2010-12-29

hello, ive been messing around a lot using kinemote to finally start it... got everything sorted and then kinemote wouldnt start giving me this error unhandled exception has occured in your applicaiton :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\Bronius\AppData\Local\KinEmote\KinEmote.exe_Url_33dkjgebp5fdes4m3lwygv0pvafq3jdj\0.3.0.0\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at KinEmote.Properties.Settings.get_IpAddress()
at KinEmote.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5416 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
KinEmote
Assembly Version: 0.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/KinEmote/KinEmote%20v0.3/KinEmote.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

i tried to reinstall frameworks and all that.. its really bugging me now, any tips on how to fix this?

- llotas - 2010-12-30

ive fixed the issue by replacing the user file in appdata>local>kinemote with the fresh one as uninstalling the kinemote doesnt delete that file.. so that fixes the problem, but now i have a different problem. When i start kinemote everything seems to be fine but neither boxee or xbmc recognise the kinemote when i tick the appropriate box for it. What would be the problem? i tried on a different laptop and it works fine, but not on my one.

- griffindodd - 2010-12-30

llotas Wrote:ive fixed the issue by replacing the user file in appdata>local>kinemote with the fresh one as uninstalling the kinemote doesnt delete that file.. so that fixes the problem, but now i have a different problem. When i start kinemote everything seems to be fine but neither boxee or xbmc recognise the kinemote when i tick the appropriate box for it. What would be the problem? i tried on a different laptop and it works fine, but not on my one.

Do you have the event server enabled in XBMC? Also if it is enabled make sure it is listening on the default port 9777 and nothing else is on that port and you are using localhost if it is on the same machine as the kinect

- Niclas7 - 2010-12-31

Do the applications or drivers offer a way to disable the blinking LED or change it state (On/Off/Color) ? And is there a way to control the motor ?

- jitterjames - 2010-12-31

Does the Kinect draw all the power it needs from a single normal usb port on a pc

or does it come with a separate power supply?

or do we need to buy something extra to be able to connect this thing to a pc?

also, does anyone know if we can use the kinect microphone in windows?

maximum distance and minimium lighting? - jaarjaar - 2010-12-31

Is there a maximum distance from which it will work? Also, is there a minimum light level for it to work? Will it work by the light of the TV in a dark room?

This is so interesting, I am planning on buying a Kinect just to use with my XBMC - but want to make sure it will work from about 8 feet away in a room when the lights are off (by the light of the TV itself)..

- AlFakher1987 - 2010-12-31

jitterjames Wrote:Does the Kinect draw all the power it needs from a single normal usb port on a pc

or does it come with a separate power supply?

or do we need to buy something extra to be able to connect this thing to a pc?

also, does anyone know if we can use the kinect microphone in windows?

The Kinect comes with a seperate power supply. You can connect it to a pc via usb. I did not use the microphone under windows yet, but normally it should work.

Has anyone done any trials on linux/live-xbmc?