Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Banditt - 2011-05-23

I have a weird question concerning Aeon NOX and Programs. First of all - AWESOME SKIN! My wife and I LOVE it - supports everything I want, just awesome. Thank you for making it.

Now the weird question: I have changed the home page background for programs and it looks good. When I go into Programs and use Advanced Launcher it is still using the old picture as the default background. I was trying some backgrounds of just the system (you can see below) and you can see the original background through the transparent parts.

My question is - is there a way that when you are in programs the background (default fanart) can just be black or default to what you choose as the home page image?

- st graveyard - 2011-05-23

Banditt Wrote:I have a weird question concerning Aeon NOX and Programs. First of all - AWESOME SKIN! My wife and I LOVE it - supports everything I want, just awesome. Thank you for making it.

Now the weird question: I have changed the home page background for programs and it looks good. When I go into Programs and use Advanced Launcher it is still using the old picture as the default background. I was trying some backgrounds of just the system (you can see below) and you can see the original background through the transparent parts.

My question is - is there a way that when you are in programs the background (default fanart) can just be black or default to what you choose as the home page image?

Bandit,

I have the same problem. I think this is indeed a bug. I switch to my own BG in programs, but I still see the old one sometimes in places there is no fan art.

Another thing, where did you get these beauitiful images of the consoles? Are they all looking as good as the game gear one? I'm really interested in some high quality console images as I'm using ALA as well.

Cheers,
Maarten

- st graveyard - 2011-05-23

Big_Noid Wrote:This is not a skin function, but an xbmc one. I cannot break that even if I wanted to Wink
Works okay here btw.

You are right, I think it stopped working since I 'upgraded' to the last version of XBMC with DSPLAYER support Blush

- BigNoid - 2011-05-23

Shinu Wrote:having a small issue with the last update. if i were to press 'M' when a video isn't playing, the cursor becomes stuck and unable to move until pressing escape.
Thx, I misplaced a visibility condition.
Banditt Wrote:I have a weird question concerning Aeon NOX and Programs. First of all - AWESOME SKIN! My wife and I LOVE it - supports everything I want, just awesome. Thank you for making it.

It's supposed to show whatever you have set as background in the main menu for programs, with a fallback to the default fanart.
I just tested this and it works as expected. What I don't know is, is how the fallback is handled by xbmc. It looks like it always loads the fallback and then projects the actual images on top of that, so when you have a transparent background the fallback fanart shines through. I will test this some more, but if this is the case then it's a bug (or feature) in xbmc.

- Banditt - 2011-05-23

st graveyard Wrote:Bandit,
Another thing, where did you get these beauitiful images of the consoles? Are they all looking as good as the game gear one? I'm really interested in some high quality console images as I'm using ALA as well.

Cheers,
Maarten

Wikipedia - Just search for the system. They are really high quality - and transparent in most cases

Big_Noid Wrote:It looks like it always loads the fallback and then projects the actual images on top of that, so when you have a transparent background the fallback fanart shines through.

Is there any way to have XBMC replace all instances of the fallback with what you select to show in the main menu?

- Mephist0 - 2011-05-23

It´s just me that dont have the "Tv Guide" ? :o

View Request for Programs - Banditt - 2011-05-24

There is already Showcase and Showcase2. For emulators the Showcase works perfect for NES, Genesis, Sega32x, etc.. The Showcase2 (Square) is perfect for TurboGrafx and more square boxes.

My request is for a wide version (Showcase3 or Showcase Wide). Basically the exact same thing as the others but a wide box. 1.4w x 1h ratio (or 1.3w x 1h). This would work perfect for Super Nintendo and N64.

You can see below how great the Showcase and Showcase2 look already. Thank you for making the skin and your consideration of this request.

Banditt
Here you can see how it is squished. This wider view would also be great for titles and screenshots that are usually 4:3

- BigNoid - 2011-05-24

Mephist0 Wrote:It´s just me that dont have the "Tv Guide" ? :o
TV guide should be in the tv shows submenu. It's called Schedule.
Banditt Wrote:There is already Showcase and Showcase2. For emulators the Showcase works perfect for NES, Genesis, Sega32x, etc.. The Showcase2 (Square) is perfect for TurboGrafx and more square boxes.

My request is for a wide version (Showcase3 or Showcase Wide). Basically the exact same thing as the others but a wide box. 1.4w x 1h ratio (or 1.3w x 1h). This would work perfect for Super Nintendo and N64.

You can see below how great the Showcase and Showcase2 look already. Thank you for making the skin and your consideration of this request.

Banditt
[
Here you can see how it is squished. This wider view would also be great for titles and screenshots that are usually 4:3
I'll see what I can do, but to be honest, there are a lot of other things in the skin I have to work on first, so I don't know when and if it's going to be done.

- st graveyard - 2011-05-24

Hey Big_Noid,

I'm with Banditt on this one ;-) I think ALA is a popular add on for XBMC so maybe in the future a wide box would be super ... But for me there is no hurry. thank you already for the fantastic support and making showcase 1 & 2 for ALA.

Bandit, where did you download the boxart? I use emumovies, but they sometimes have very small or low quality boxes.

Cheers,
Grave

- crud - 2011-05-24

Any chance of adding support for the Last.FM slideshow script? It is integrated into the newest version of cirrus extended v2 and it is the best thing I have seen for full screen music visualization. Here is the scripts thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100702

- Banditt - 2011-05-24

@Big_Noid: No problem - I just figured I would ask.

@st graveyard: Hyperspin-fe.com - an amazing front-end and they have the highest quality artwork anywhere

- Mindzai - 2011-05-24

crud Wrote:Any chance of adding support for the Last.FM slideshow script? It is integrated into the newest version of cirrus extended v2 and it is the best thing I have seen for full screen music visualization. Here is the scripts thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100702

Seconded, that would be brilliant!

- Adeiko - 2011-05-24

crud Wrote:Any chance of adding support for the Last.FM slideshow script? It is integrated into the newest version of cirrus extended v2 and it is the best thing I have seen for full screen music visualization. Here is the scripts thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100702

It looks very good! Smile

- orons - 2011-05-25

I just updated my xbmc to the latest SVN, how can i install Aeon Nox?
I don't see it (or any other skin) in the add on menu.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-25

I will add the last.fm slideshow when ronie releases the script. It's indeed a very nice add-on.

@orons The nightlies don't have any skins yet in the repo. I submitted my skin and it will appear there soon, don't know when though. In the first post you can find a direct download for the git version of the skin. Just be sure to rename the folder to skin.aeon.nox