Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- nemulate - 2011-06-12

Hi, great skin Big Grin

Only one question, when I play an album and go to the now playing screen the track listing is blank! This works fine in all other skins I've tried so wondered if there was a setting I hadn't configured or something?

Thanks

- BigNoid - 2011-06-12

st graveyard Wrote:I understand that, but isn't anybody interested in a more customizable photo's and homevideos section? It is not a must, but when I show XBMC to friends and family, they are blown away by the movie and album section, although you mostly use the pictures and home vid section.
For example, today when visiting my parents, we were watching the home vids true XBMC (home vids don't have lib mode ofcourse - so it is file mode, wouldn't know how else to do this) and I was thinking "damn, it would have been nice to have the date of the homevid somewhere visible in the selection screen". Or some more info, maybe even something notes written by yourself...
And that is just a small thing. Customizable thumbs for private sections in XBMC, that would be cool.
But that is just my opinion of course.

I've added this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103354http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103354
This discussion doesn't seem to be NOX specific perhaps?
Indeed, I can not add information that is not available in xbmc. I think your best bet is to create custom nfo files for your home videos and scan them in the library using a custom genre so you can easily make a smart playlist and add it to the home menu.
Banditt Wrote:I just got 1.3 and there no longer appears to be thumbnails in the Music section when you browse by artist (the 1:1 images of the artist) or the album art within now playing.

I know it says the known bug when round covers is enabled - The weird thing is I don't have the option for round covers anymore within the List view.

I am using Dharma (download from XBMC.org - no nightlies or anything) and I am using List view for Artists and Now Playing.

It might be something I had switched on in settings or somewhere - any help is appreciated.
Yeah, it's a bug. Try switching to list view in movies and disable rounded covers and/or BD/DVD Cases in there. That should fix it.
nemulate Wrote:Hi, great skin Big Grin

Only one question, when I play an album and go to the now playing screen the track listing is blank! This works fine in all other skins I've tried so wondered if there was a setting I hadn't configured or something?

Thanks
That is a bug. Switch to low list to fix it for now. Will fix it for next release.
fional Wrote:Media location.

I've been editing and trying and subsequently breaking Aeon Nox. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction on how to edit this..

First, I have to say I use Low List. I really like Low List for TV Shows and Movies and am very happy with it! I think it's the best, gorgeous, brilliant and suits my needs. I think it's nicely laid out. I can see the plot, which scrolls, genre, rating, some logos, a date, etc. But in Movies and TV Shows, I'd like to add one line to make it absolutely perfect!

If you hit "I" on an episode, it'll bring up the information screen. On the very bottom, below the icons, is the media location.

I would love to copy that line below "Episodes" in TV Shows and below the "MPAA Rating" in Movies.

The reason is because of the way all my stuff is spread across external drives. I decided this may be a more sound approach than the icon idea I was borrowing before. I know there'd be a few others that would find that useful, so maybe if you wanted to make it a toggle in the skin settings, that be lovely but I'm not sure how involved it is. Either way, I want to make the modification for myself, because it be shockingly handy!

Any advice or direction would be appreciated. I've had to restore my settings several times, because I am "learning as I go" and I keep causing Low List to jumble.
The label you want is in DialogVideoInfo.xml:
Code:
<control type="label">
        <description>Filename</description>
        <posx>550</posx>
        <posy>695</posy>
        <width>700</width>
        <scroll>true</scroll>
        <haspath>true</haspath>
        <font>Font_Info</font>
        <align>left</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Foldername]$INFO[ListItem.FileName]</label>
        <textcolor>FF868686</textcolor>
      </control>

Copy that to Viewtype_Lowlist.xml in the position you want.

- fional - 2011-06-12

Big_Noid Wrote:The label you want is in DialogVideoInfo.xml:
Code:
<control type="label">
        <description>Filename</description>
        <posx>550</posx>
        <posy>695</posy>
        <width>700</width>
        <scroll>true</scroll>
        <haspath>true</haspath>
        <font>Font_Info</font>
        <align>left</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Foldername]$INFO[ListItem.FileName]</label>
        <textcolor>FF868686</textcolor>
      </control>

Copy that to Viewtype_Lowlist.xml in the position you want.

Thanks Big_Noid! I'll give that a stab after I have dinner! It's really a good buzz when things are coming together hehe

- fional - 2011-06-12

Is there a special way to play trailers? I hit I and go to play trailer, but it doesn't seem to play them. Will it not stream the trailers, or do they have to be gotten locally? The IMDB trailer address is in the nfo and when I enable trailer buttons, it does show a "button" on the poster, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Thanks!

- BigNoid - 2011-06-12

fional Wrote:Is there a special way to play trailers? I hit I and go to play trailer, but it doesn't seem to play them. Will it not stream the trailers, or do they have to be gotten locally? The IMDB trailer address is in the nfo and when I enable trailer buttons, it does show a "button" on the poster, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Thanks!

The trailer buttons in the skin just play what's in the xbmc database. If it doesn't work you should check your scraper. My own experience is that ember never gave me working trailers and the native imdb scraper always gives me working trailers.

- nemulate - 2011-06-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Originally Posted by nemulate
Hi, great skin

Thanks

That is a bug. Switch to low list to fix it for now. Will fix it for next release.

Thank you Big Grin

Wow that was quick, already in SVN Big Grin

- fional - 2011-06-13

Big_Noid Wrote:The trailer buttons in the skin just play what's in the xbmc database. If it doesn't work you should check your scraper. My own experience is that ember never gave me working trailers and the native imdb scraper always gives me working trailers.

Ah, yeah I was using Ember. So was it possible to use ember to create the .nfo and somehow use the native scraper for the working trailer? What method did you use to do this?

-edit-
I manually edited one of the nfo files and put in a trailer link from hd-trailers.net and I was able to get it to work when I hit "I" then selected a trailer. Is there any other way to play the trailer, other than hitting I, in Aeon Nox?

- fional - 2011-06-13

fional Wrote:Thanks Big_Noid! I'll give that a stab after I have dinner! It's really a good buzz when things are coming together hehe

Ok I got this to work! Smile

It doesn't look pretty. The txt is smished between the year and MPAA rating, but I did get it to show. Now I can tinker with it and see of an easy way of shifting things up or down or I may replace a field.

--Edit -- For those who may want to re-create the simple effect:
Quote: <control type="label">
<posx>850</posx>
<posy>600</posy>
<height>13</height>
<width>430</width>
<font>Font_Info</font>
<textcolor>abFFFFFF</textcolor>
<label>Drive:</label>
</control>
<control type="label">
<posx>937</posx>
<posy>600</posy>
<height>13</height>
<width>1730</width>
<scroll>true</scroll>
<haspath>true</haspath>
<font>Font_Info</font>
<textcolor>white</textcolor>
<label fallback="Outer Space">$INFO[ListItem.Foldername]$INFO[ListItem.FileName]</label>
</control>
That replaced the two Director blocks. From there, I just shifted all the Y axis up 25, per set, stopping at the MPAA.

Is it possible to get it to do the scrolling that happens with the MPAA rating? It's a real nice scrolling effect.

- Banditt - 2011-06-13

@Big Noid

Thank you very much for the response and the help and thank you very much for creating this skin.

- xxturbowesxx - 2011-06-13

Not able to download through XBMC add ons it stops at 0% then disappears.

anyway to download and install from .zip?

- BigNoid - 2011-06-13

Banditt Wrote:@Big Noid

Thank you very much for the response and the help and thank you very much for creating this skin.
Smile
xxturbowesxx Wrote:Not able to download through XBMC add ons it stops at 0% then disappears.

anyway to download and install from .zip?
here you go:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/skin.aeon.nox/skin.aeon.nox-1.3.0.zip

Addon - lupick - 2011-06-14

I'm using XBMC unstable build and I'd like to test Aeon Nox SVN.

During the install I've an "Dependencies error". I've added the script as describe in a previous post but still doesn't work

is it possible to have all the nedded addon in a unique zip??

thx

L.

- mad-max - 2011-06-14

lupick Wrote:I'm using XBMC unstable build and I'd like to test Aeon Nox SVN.

During the install I've an "Dependencies error". I've added the script as describe in a previous post but still doesn't work

is it possible to have all the nedded addon in a unique zip??

thx

L.
For eden you need the git-builds of aeon-nox:
Pre-eden branch (You will need a nightly build for this!):
zip package:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master
or
Code:
git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git

- lupick - 2011-06-14

mad-max Wrote:For eden you need the git-builds of aeon-nox:
Pre-eden branch (You will need a nightly build for this!):
zip package:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master
or
Code:
git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git

thank you for your quick reply.
I've downloaded the development version of the skin but when I try to install the ZIP I've n error due to some missing script.

Could you provide to me a zip with all the mising dependencies?

thx

L

- BigNoid - 2011-06-14

lupick Wrote:thank you for your quick reply.
I've downloaded the development version of the skin but when I try to install the ZIP I've n error due to some missing script.

Could you provide to me a zip with all the mising dependencies?

thx

L
It should work on a clean install with that zip. Please provide a debug log so I can tell which dependencies are missing and then I can show you where to get them.