Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- svinyard - 2011-07-19

Big_Noid Wrote:In the background changer you can see the path for the fanart of Videos section if you selected that, just point to that folder for movies. But it will show fanart for both tv shows and movies. If you want to split those checkout videofanart splitter script.

Worked great I pointed it to C:\users\<ProfileName>AppData>XBMC>Userdata>thumbnail>video>fanart

(i think that was it...close anyways)

Awesome though, thanks.

- svinyard - 2011-07-19

UPDATE: nevermind the randomitems.py script error I had. An old eden install had updated it.

Dharma 10.1 on Fusion

OH and btw are there any advancedsettings that you recommend for a Windows 7 based fusion system with 4 gigs of ram (1 allocated to memory) that improve performance of your skin? I'm currently only using the dds one but am obviously a humble noob Smile and will take any further advice.

- BigNoid - 2011-07-20

svinyard Wrote:UPDATE: nevermind the randomitems.py script error I had. An old eden install had updated it.

Dharma 10.1 on Fusion

OH and btw are there any advancedsettings that you recommend for a Windows 7 based fusion system with 4 gigs of ram (1 allocated to memory) that improve performance of your skin? I'm currently only using the dds one but am obviously a humble noob Smile and will take any further advice.

Disable viewtypes to increase performance. Switching to linux is the best performance upgrade I can advise though. Everything is just so much snappier on linux. Dds is the only advancedsetting i can recommend, if your card supports it. The skin should be pretty smooth though on all systems. Only problem on lower end systems is the loading of thumbs in showcase views, but there is nothing I can do about that. Plenty of other views to choose from though.

- svinyard - 2011-07-20

Big_Noid Wrote:Disable viewtypes to increase performance. Switching to linux is the best performance upgrade I can advise though. Everything is just so much snappier on linux. Dds is the only advancedsetting i can recommend, if your card supports it. The skin should be pretty smooth though on all systems. Only problem on lower end systems is the loading of thumbs in showcase views, but there is nothing I can do about that. Plenty of other views to choose from though.

I have a Gigabyte 350N USB3 Fusion board. It has an ATI 6310 onboard and I'm using the Analog audio outs to a 5.1 system. Have 4Gb of ram...1 gb of that is dedicated to the graphics card.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate with as many of the bells and whistles turned off. Linux sounds interesting but I'm concerned about the ATI acceleration and drivers.

That being said, I'm definitely interested in any performance boosts. How much of a boost are we talking about with Linux on my style of system?

As a side note, do you see a significant jump in performance in using Eden-Aeon Nox with dirty regions turned on? I'm kinda a new but considering using Eden in a portable mode but not sure if its worth it

- BigNoid - 2011-07-20

svinyard Wrote:I have a Gigabyte 350N USB3 Fusion board. It has an ATI 6310 onboard and I'm using the Analog audio outs to a 5.1 system. Have 4Gb of ram...1 gb of that is dedicated to the graphics card.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate with as many of the bells and whistles turned off. Linux sounds interesting but I'm concerned about the ATI acceleration and drivers.

That being said, I'm definitely interested in any performance boosts. How much of a boost are we talking about with Linux on my style of system?

As a side note, do you see a significant jump in performance in using Eden-Aeon Nox with dirty regions turned on? I'm kinda a new but considering using Eden in a portable mode but not sure if its worth it
If you have an ati card, stick with windows ( personal opinion), too much hassle to get it to work on linux. Definetely performance increase with dirty regions enabled. I thought it was worth to get an external nvidia card and stick with linux over integral ati card and windows. Regardless of skin, performance is that much better.

- Hack_kid - 2011-07-20

When you guys are saying dds. For an advancedsettings.XML setting are u meaning useddsfanart? Also what about used9ex

- svinyard - 2011-07-20

Setup eden with useddsfanart and Dirty Regions = 1 (union) and it worked well. Getting really high CPU usage when i have the cycling fan art as my background though. Not saying that its putting a stop to my machine but its definitely keeping the CPU around 70-100%. Going to check if this is true on my Dharma setup since they are identical in configuration.

What is used9ex and will with help on an Eden AMD Fusion box with ATI 6310?

Also, with dirty regions...should I be using "1" or "2" for its value??

- fional - 2011-07-20

Got the update, yay Smile

A few small things I noticed right away:

1. The weather widget. I really liked it without it, so when I turned off the widget by going to weather, hitting down, then selecting "widget", it also seems to disable that little weather icon that's always been there (the one by the date and time, which is absolutely lovely). Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to turn off the widget, but leave that wee little icon there?

2. With the weather widget, is it still using the "Enable Weather Backgrounds" etc? I ask because it's cloudy outside, but in this instance it displayed one with snow. Could be a quirk, I couldn't reproduce.
Many thanks!!! Smile

3. Is it possible, when pausing, to have it also show the information that shows when you hit pause followed by "I"?

4. Today was my first day playing with queues. Is it possible to clear the "Now Playing" list without exiting XBMC? I see i can remove the bits one by one, but the wiki indicates the context menu would have a "clear playlist" but I absolutely can't see it.

Update - ReducedToZero - 2011-07-20

Thanks for the backport update Smile Really liking the reintroduction of weather pop ups, the new Video Info screen functionality and the fact I can now switch off Infopanel on the TV Shows level!

Great work.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.5
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- Martijn - 2011-07-21

It's to bad that Dirty Regions is still no completely OK.
This has some flickkering on the edges of the selected album in wall view.

- svinyard - 2011-07-21

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It's to bad that Dirty Regions is still no completely OK.
This has some flickkering on the edges of the selected album in wall view.

I only see the hardcore flickering when I have dirtyregions set to 2. When I switched it to 1 it went away for the most part. I don't know much about the regions though. Is "2" supposed to be MUCH better than the "1" settings?

- Martijn - 2011-07-21

svinyard Wrote:I only see the hardcore flickering when I have dirtyregions set to 2. When I switched it to 1 it went away for the most part. I don't know much about the regions though. Is "2" supposed to be MUCH better than the "1" settings?
Had my setting on "standard" 1. Haven't tried setting 2 jet.
Not that i really need it because CPU uses a max of 10% in al menus. Its really more an option for the less powerfull systems i think.

- Martijn - 2011-07-21

Big Noid,
Have some questions about the spinng disc while playing songs. I there a way that if you hit pause the disc also pauses in stead of jumping to its "original" position? Not really a problem but I like tweaking some things.

Weather - ReducedToZero - 2011-07-21

Hi Big Noid,

I spotted some odd behaviour with the weather changes (not sure it qualifies as a bug per se).

If you select 'Animations' from the Weather sub menu on the home screen and don't have an animated icon path set then the pop ups are blank. Whilst in that state if you go to 'Settings' -> 'Skin' -> 'Home window options' you can't select the 'animated weather icons' option to set an animated icon path.

Perhaps only display the 'Animations' toggle in the Weather sub menu if a path is set?

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.5
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- badboy123 - 2011-07-21

I noticed that you have removed Watched/Unwatched in the landscape view of the TV Shows...

I used this feature quite a lot...Is there a chance that you can bring this back?

I quite like the way you have set this up for the showcase view with the watched/unwatched underneath the poster for each show...

Would it be possible to do the same for the landscape view with the watched/unwatched underneath the tv logos for each show?

Thanks