Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- benlen10 - 2011-07-28

I just have a quick question about the different themes under the appearance menu. When I select the "white theme" I do not notice any difference in the the skin itself.

Thanks!

- ReducedToZero - 2011-07-28

Quote:it's just that whenever u move between movies (or tv shows), the blow effect flickers, as if changing or reloading each time u scroll.

I also see the flicker in the background smoke effect when I'm not scrolling and am just sitting with a panel open - I'd thought it was maybe just my system. Once you've spotted it, you can't unsee it.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.5
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- Martijn - 2011-07-28

ReducedToZero Wrote:I also see the flicker in the background smoke effect when I'm not scrolling and am just sitting with a panel open - I'd thought it was maybe just my system. Once you've spotted it, you can't unsee it.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.5
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

I've noticed the same thing while doing nothing.

- Martijn - 2011-07-28

boingman Wrote:Because that way I can somehow keep an eye on the video. I am used to it.
For that reason alone I used the PM3 skin for a long time, since you always have a small window with the video playing somewhere, no matter which submenu you're browsing.
There are so many skins which somehow have the video playing either in the background or as a small window in many of the settings menus, so I thought that maybe I simply made something wrong.
This skin has so many different customization settings, so it would be great if there were also an option for that.

You could pause the video Wink
Maybe there could be an option to always show small now playing video screen on top of all setting screens in some corner. However this way it could be on top of some text/options so you don't see them.
I don't think Big Noid is going to change the complete layout of all menus just to add this as an option.

- BigNoid - 2011-07-28

CoinTos Wrote:Big_Noid, first off, this skin is great and I would like to thank you for your continued development of it.

Second, I have a small problem, I can't seem to get low list to work with Season list in TV shows. Every time, I try to change it to low list it reverts to list on the selection. I have tried both stable and svn, both do it. Basically, my end goal is List (show) --> Low List (Season) --> Low list (episode)

Finally, this is a small request for a tv show view layout, that is a modified List view. Take the List cut the top so it's 4 high, expand the black box on the list to enclose the banner which is on top with the show description below.

The above request is because I like the List view as I can read the shows titles from a distance, but I like to have some more of my fanart shown. Also, the banner in list view feels out of place on the bottom right so with the banner at the top and description below, which makes it feel more functional. Thanks.
No reason why it shouldn't work. XBMC keeps track of which view mode is set where iirc.
I'll take your request in consideration concerning InfoList.
boingman Wrote:Because that way I can somehow keep an eye on the video. I am used to it.
For that reason alone I used the PM3 skin for a long time, since you always have a small window with the video playing somewhere, no matter which submenu you're browsing.
There are so many skins which somehow have the video playing either in the background or as a small window in many of the settings menus, so I thought that maybe I simply made something wrong.
This skin has so many different customization settings, so it would be great if there were also an option for that.
I can make the video overlay the backdrop in settings menu, like COnfluence does.
Shinu Wrote:A couple more minor issues...

- there's not text for the "Download Theme" option in the tv show info window...

- this is a very minor grip, but can u put a permanent default flow effect behind the window in the "fanart infoview"? it's just that whenever u move between movies (or tv shows), the blow effect flickers, as if changing or reloading each time u scroll.
I'll fix the get theme issues, thx.
I'm not sure what you mean, but seeing two other people also notice this it must be me. Can anyone explain what the problem is, because I don't see it?
PantsOnFire Wrote:Does the Last.FM fanart slideshow (in fullscreen music) work as a built-in feature of this skin? or is it a feature neccessary by the xbmc build you're running?

Is this feature in the stable build (downloaded using addons repo from within xbmc), or just in SVN still?

I tried to get this working before by editing some xml files, but couldn't get anywhere. Is it an easy-to-use, supported feature yet basically.

regards.
If you have the addon istalled you can enable it by going to the misc options of the music osd eand enable artist slideshow fanart.
benlen10 Wrote:I just have a quick question about the different themes under the appearance menu. When I select the "white theme" I do not notice any difference in the the skin itself.

Thanks!
It gives a white shadow effect on the borders of all thumbs. It's a very subtle theme.

---
And Maarten, thx for the donation Smile

- Smobbo - 2011-07-28

I've been using this theme for a very long time now and i was changing up the views in TV Shows (series) when i noticed a 'bug/issue/mistake'.

When using the lowlist view in seasons and episodes it will show the logo of the show in the episodes view, but not in the seasons view.
Is this a bug on my part or is this just something that is overlooked?

Also the TV-guide (submenu of series) doesn't show anything, first i thought it had to do with the logo's not being present (since they don't work in pre-eden). I found the new release of that script by Ronie and now i have all the logo's again, but i still don't see anything in the TV-guide submenu.
Also when i switch to posters or banners it doesn't show anything.

Is there something wrong on my end, or is it just a function which in not present in the pre-eden version?

Anyhow, Big_Noid thanks for the continuous updates and finetuning efforts! It really makes Aen Nox one of the most polished skins out there! Big Grin!

- fional - 2011-07-28

Smobbo Wrote:I've been using this theme for a very long time now and i was changing up the views in TV Shows (series) when i noticed a 'bug/issue/mistake'.

When using the lowlist view in seasons and episodes it will show the logo of the show in the episodes view, but not in the seasons view.
Is this a bug on my part or is this just something that is overlooked?

You're right. I never noticed this until you mentioned it. I just fired XBMC up and I don't see it in season view either. The only view I use for TV and Movies is lowlist, surprised I didn't notice until now!

- Martijn - 2011-07-28

fional Wrote:You're right. I never noticed this until you mentioned it. I just fired XBMC up and I don't see it in season view either. The only view I use for TV and Movies is lowlist, surprised I didn't notice until now!

No problems wwith lowlist here. Only with TV-Guido however i think maybe it has to do with the TV-Guido script. Reported the problem on their forum and will post my log there.

- fional - 2011-07-28

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:No problems wwith lowlist here. Only with TV-Guido however i think maybe it has to do with the TV-Guido script. Reported the problem on their forum and will post my log there.

I just checked again, and when I go into TV Shows and browse around, I see the logo.

However, when I select the TV Show and am in season view, when I'm choosing what season to enter, the logo is gone.

But once I enter the season, and am browsing as far as what episodes, the actual logo.png is displayed again.

- Shinu - 2011-07-28

Big_Noid Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, but seeing two other people also notice this it must be me. Can anyone explain what the problem is, because I don't see it?

I had a feeling I didn't explain it well enough. Laugh Lemme see if I could do better...

In the fanart layout for movies or tv shows, there's a glow effect behind the image...

Whenever you move left or right, the glow effect seems to flicker (looks like it disappears then reappears during the transition between movies). The flicker is just for a split second and by no means a major issue, but it's one of those things that when you notice it once, you can't help but notice it everytime.

- BigNoid - 2011-07-28

TV Logo wasn't coded for seasons view. Fixed that just now in svn. Git will be fixed later as I'm in the middle of rewriting the media menu for eden-pre version to better support foreign language. This will mean it gets more like Aeon65/MQ/Showmix, but I don't think that is a bad thing. I must say, because there is more room with a side menu I can better categorize the different options. This definitely improves the usability of the skin.

@shinu: That glowing effect shouldn't be there? I tried all three themes and none have the glowing effect. It looks quite good btw Big Grin

- Shinu - 2011-07-28

Big_Noid Wrote:@shinu: That glowing effect shouldn't be there? I tried all three themes and none have the glowing effect. It looks quite good btw Big Grin

ohhhh. lmao!!! i downloaded some modified png files that someone posted here a while back. i forgot they weren't part of the official skin. i like the way it looks with the glow though. maybe that's something u can possibly add? something like in the infowall view.

- fional - 2011-07-28

Spotted something peculiar.

When you go into TV Shows and select a TV Show, like Fawlty Towers.
Then hover over any season, doesn't matter which one. Hit "I"

There seems to be a big gap between "Cast" and "Get Logo" and it's quite weird. It's as if something is missing, yet the gap remains.

It goes "Cast/Plot" "Refresh" Play" "Get thumb" "Get Fanart" "Get Logo" and then a Gap.

Also, it may be worth noting (though obviously quite minor) that the "t" in thumb is in lower case, while everything else is prefixed in upper-case.

The same is true if you are just hitting "I" on the TV Show itself and do not go into Season View.

If you actually select a season and hit "I" in episode view, there's no gap.

Thanks! Smile

--
I do like how now, if you go into "I" in tv shows, it shows what your current logo and clearart looks like. That's very cool Smile

- Martijn - 2011-07-28

fional Wrote:Spotted something peculiar.

There seems to be a big gap between "Cast" and "Get Logo" and it's quite weird. It's as if something is missing, yet the gap remains.

It goes "Cast/Plot" "Refresh" Play" "Get thumb" "Get Fanart" "Get Logo" and then a Gap.
I think this was already reported and Big Noid giong to fix it

Quote:Also, it may be worth noting (though obviously quite minor) that the "t" in thumb is in lower case, while everything else is prefixed in upper-case.
"Get thumb" is not part of the skin, so i will have to change it in XBMC itself.
However this change will only happen in Nightly Builds. Not in version 10.1

- BigNoid - 2011-07-28

fional Wrote:Spotted something peculiar.

Also, it may be worth noting (though obviously quite minor) that the "t" in thumb is in lower case, while everything else is prefixed in upper-case.

The same is true if you are just hitting "I" on the TV Show itself and do not go into Season View.

If you actually select a season and hit "I" in episode view, there's no gap.

Thanks! Smile

--
I do like how now, if you go into "I" in tv shows, it shows what your current logo and clearart looks like. That's very cool Smile

That's the missing Get Tunes button which Shinu said a couple posts back. Fixed that in svn and git.
Yeah, that's why I made it a wrap list instead of buttons, so it's easy to show/hide stuff while you browse through the options.