Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- LiLChris - 2011-07-30

Big_Noid Wrote:if you first export the library to multiple files and add <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> to advancedsettings.xml
rescraping is a breeze and you keep the watched status of all your episodes.

Oh thanks, I actually don't use the watched feature but I know in the future someone else might so I will keep that in mind.
Well the good outcome of this is if they ever decide to make season 2 or more I will have everything ready. Big Grin

- fional - 2011-07-30

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Grin

Had some simular problems in the begnning and still learning what is the best way to organize everything. Lukkely i don't mind rescraping everything.
Videos is doens't take verry as i use Ember Media Manager wich creates local files so XBMC doesn't have to search the web. So when you need to rebuild your library it just read the files and for about 1000 episodes it only took like 10 minutes. Same for movies.
It also downloads extra fanart and thumbnails and puts them in seperate folders and it all automated

In my opinion Ember is definitely the way to go. I'd be absolutely frustrated if not for the .nfo files and downloaded thumbnails!

I've two drives left to sort through, but I've pretty much corrected the absence of a Season 01 directory in series that were only one season (mini-series)...can't believe I was that lazy Tongue I thought it be only one or two, but so far it's been like 20!

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-07-30

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't have Neon installed, could you post a screenshot?

It's default XBMC functions, surely it's possible to map these to the remote somehow.

Sorry, only season folders supported. The vast majority of users puts everything in season folders.
sure,

sure, here is a screen shot of the banner panel view in Neon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

- Shinu - 2011-07-30

@ LiLChris. Downloaded that series just today. Laugh I used to have the same issue, until I realized everything needed to be in a Season folder for the logo to show. But u shouldn't have that issue with Angel Beats. It also has a specials season, so... Nod

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:sure,

A bannerlist view was one of the views I didn't upload in my mockups. I too would like to see one like that.

- Yappa - 2011-07-30

Would it be possible to add a "Big List" view for those of us who prefer using the file mode?

Shinu Wrote:@ LiLChris. Downloaded that series just today. Laugh I used to have the same issue, until I realized everything needed to be in a Season folder for the logo to show. But u shouldn't have that issue with Angel Beats. It also has a specials season, so... Nod

A bannerlist view was one of the views I didn't upload in my mockups. I too would like to see one like that.

glad to know I am not alone. Cool

- Martijn - 2011-07-30

fional Wrote:In my opinion Ember is definitely the way to go. I'd be absolutely frustrated if not for the .nfo files and downloaded thumbnails!

I've two drives left to sort through, but I've pretty much corrected the absence of a Season 01 directory in series that were only one season (mini-series)...can't believe I was that lazy Tongue I thought it be only one or two, but so far it's been like 20!

At least one things for sure. You'll never make that mistake again Wink

- fional - 2011-07-30

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:At least one things for sure. You'll never make that mistake again Wink

Very true Smile But something good came out of it, while I was at it, I modded the lowlist view and replaced premiered to tell me what drive the stuff was on. Made it a lot easier, then I could just scroll, rather than scroll and hit I.

I do like Nox Smile

Working on getting my music in order and getting the clearart, it'll be cool seeing the cd spin in lowlist view, for as much of it as I can...a surprising lack of Irish Traditional Artist clearart haha, not a big surprise! Got a bit of work to do locally inserting what I can spin up with CDArt Manager.

Quick question, does the music artist logo do anything in Nox? I know we can do the cdart and such?

what are you using to get your music in order...thats the task that i dread the most, I end up mucking things up so it ends up worse than before.

- fional - 2011-07-30

I'm not sure if this is a Nox issue or XBMC issue, but it's a bit bizarre.

When I go to Videos, I hit down. From there I select "Music Videos"

If I go into "Artists" - it displays a list of artists...however, I can't select an Artist. No key seems to do anything, not enter, not "I", etc.

The same is true for "Album". The .nfo files are set up correctly, in that an album is listed. And it does see the proper list of artists for the videos I have, which tells me it is reading the .nfo file correctly in that regard - but it doesn't seem to do anything.

- fional - 2011-07-30

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:what are you using to get your music in order...thats the task that i dread the most, I end up mucking things up so it ends up worse than before.

It's an awful process. I've been dreading it too.

I'm using the following:
MP3Tag v 2.48
The newest MediaMonkey
and MusicBrainz Picard.

I'm using MusicBrainz to help me properly identify some tracks. It gets a bit irritating having last.fm give me that condescending message that I'm tagged wrong Tongue

MusicBrainz is fairly good, but it's involved. I wouldn't trust the automated bit - at least not with my collection.

MP3Tag is great for mass edits. You can pretty much, and nicely too, do whatever you want. I am using that to "touch up" the collection, as necessary. I was using this a lot before MediaMonkey.

With MediaMonkey I can do this "auto tagging" from the web, which touches the amazons etc. I use the US and UK one mostly, they yield different results. You can set it up the way you like.

The thing I absolutely like the best, however, is that I can have it auto-organise the filename based off the new tags. So everything can be renamed and put in a nice and easy to follow path.
Basically I moved all my music and it's awful itunes structure to a separate "tosort" directory. Then I set mediamonkey to, when I'm done tagging and getting album covers, etc, to rename/move to C:\Music\<artist>\<album\<track#>-<title>

But you can have it auto do whatever path you like.

Also, it's clever enough that if you have .jpg or clearart files, it knows to move those with the album.

The biggest problem I've had with XBMC music bit is how it handles compilations. Even if my compilations are "claimed" to be tagged properly for being a compilation, I'd still get like 25 "album" entries, each with a different artist. When you have albums like 50 Songs from the Royal County, etc...it's a bit annoying. So I'm basically finding which album the song would of been "compiled" from - and cheating that way. It works for me.

I've been deleting a lot of music too. Why am I keeping 1 star stuff around, when I just skip it if it comes up on the playlist anyway?

- dascmo - 2011-07-30

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:sure,

I find it funny that a similar view was implemented back in version .3 or .5 of Aeon Nox (i forget which) and wound up being pulled out in favor of a banner wall.

- dascmo - 2011-07-30

fional Wrote:It's an awful process. I've been dreading it too.
The newest MediaMonkey

+1 for media monkey.

I have a medium sized music library but I admit it is a rather daunting process. I have been working on it for a while now and mediamonkey has been a joy to work with.

- fional - 2011-07-30

dascmo Wrote:I find it funny that a similar view was implemented back in version .3 or .5 of Aeon Nox (i forget which) and wound up being pulled out in favor of a banner wall.

I don't use banners, I use posters, but I'm curious - what happens if there's no banner for that TV Show in banner view? Does it generate one just in text? Or is it just a blank banner?

dascmo Wrote:+1 for media monkey.

I have a medium sized music library but I admit it is a rather daunting process. I have been working on it for a while now and mediamonkey has been a joy to work with.

Yes, I had bought it awhile ago and whatever version I used to have would crash frequently. I had stopped using it and my collection went real chaotic, like a pig's breakfast.

It is making things much easier. I do a hundred or so a day, should have it sorted soon. I think there's even a lyric grabbing plug-in, but since XBMC doesn't use the lyric tag (and I don't really feel like doing it) I'm not going to bother. But others may like that.

- dascmo - 2011-07-30

Shinu Wrote:Oh BTW Noid. I put together some viewtype mockups and thought I'd share. If you like them, maybe you can implement them into the skin sometime in the future Nod Tell me what you think...

Horizontal Info (Big Poster)

Horizontal Info (Small Posters)

These views aren't entirely my original ideas. They're inspired by Cirrus and other skins I've seen online. I have a couple other TV Show ideas, but I'm not entirely satisfied with them as yet. Hope u like these though.

+1 for these two views.