Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- silvine - 2011-02-17

Where's the option to customise this skin so it uses my movie/tv show fan art in the home screen?

Thanks.

- kees667 - 2011-02-17

"I can't reproduce this. Every background is faded in 1 second on my system."

I checked again. When I move to either shutdown or music the background appears instantly before either label is centered on screen. All other menu options have a delay.

When suddenly moving in the other direction the last item will appear faster.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-17

@silvine

you must put your fanarts that you want to see as fanarts for your movies in a seperate folder. Then go to System - Skin - Background Customizer. There you could gibe your homemenu button a new background.

Greets
Eisi

- dascmo - 2011-02-17

Big_Noid Wrote:I'm all for posters, can't have showcase view with banners, but I can't ignore all these requests Big Grin

fixed that, thanks for the bug report.

You're my hero! Smile

- dascmo - 2011-02-18

Possible list of issues, a couple requests, suggestions etc, etc.

Using SVN rev287. Based on a clean install of skin (old version removed first and guisettings.xml deleted)

BUGS:
  1. Slim list not selectable in list view (list info works fine)
  2. Unable to hide watched episodes sometimes. Not sure what causes it but usually going to the movies section and selecting there will fix it for a while.

As a suggestion for info list view, I would love to be able to disable the flags and remove the grey bar to allow for a larger synopsis area

Is there a way to have the synopsis area expand automagically in low list view based on whether "lower list" is deactivated in the TV shows section? I feel when using the larger list there ends up being a lot of wasted space on the bottom. Especially when there is a large synopsis and its scrolling in a window where it could easily fit.

Would also be cool if low list view was selectable at show or episode level not just season level

REQUEST:

Not sure what menu to call it but if you hit "S" on the keyboard, also mapped to a remote button, you get a menu on the screen with shutdown, exit, now playing etc. Can you possibly add "Reboot" or "Restart" and maybe hibernate so I can ditch the shutdown menu item on the home screen.

As always......thanks for rockin out the awesome work

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-18

@all

i have a questions, perhaps could anyone help me with this.

Trailer support. Must the trailer are on my harddisk or is it enough to have a http link to the trailer in the nfo file ? If the trailer must on the harddisk in which format ?

Greets
Eisi

- leisure - 2011-02-18

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't know of language/subtitles flags. I know there are listitem labels for those things and I have been figuring out where to put those, but to this date I don't have a satisfying solution.

That would be AWESOME, seriously I know by searching this forum for a function like this that there are a lot of requests for it. So I don't want to be lazy you doing all the work and made a little mock-up of an idea where to put it. I'm not very good of photoshopping (keeping in mind this is done with microsoft image composer Wink

I personally think, the best idea is to put that info on the lower end of the selected cover in showcase view.

But I also made some ideas where to put it alternatively. 2,3 on the fanart box and 4 being another version of the first idea.

Cheers

- carmenm - 2011-02-18

Hi,

First amazing work on that skin. So fluent! i love it.

I miss only one thing, custom home shortcuts. Have i missed it? if not are you planning on adding it?
Thanks

- BigNoid - 2011-02-18

dascmo Wrote:Possible list of issues, a couple requests, suggestions etc, etc.

Using SVN rev287. Based on a clean install of skin (old version removed first and guisettings.xml deleted)

BUGS:
  1. Slim list not selectable in list view (list info works fine)
  2. Unable to hide watched episodes sometimes. Not sure what causes it but usually going to the movies section and selecting there will fix it for a while.

As a suggestion for info list view, I would love to be able to disable the flags and remove the grey bar to allow for a larger synopsis area

Is there a way to have the synopsis area expand automagically in low list view based on whether "lower list" is deactivated in the TV shows section? I feel when using the larger list there ends up being a lot of wasted space on the bottom. Especially when there is a large synopsis and its scrolling in a window where it could easily fit.

Would also be cool if low list view was selectable at show or episode level not just season level

REQUEST:

Not sure what menu to call it but if you hit "S" on the keyboard, also mapped to a remote button, you get a menu on the screen with shutdown, exit, now playing etc. Can you possibly add "Reboot" or "Restart" and maybe hibernate so I can ditch the shutdown menu item on the home screen.

As always......thanks for rockin out the awesome work
Thx for the feedback, I'll check for those bugs. Low List is selectable in tvshow/episode level, but you'd have to enable posters. i think I may get rid of that whole option as it only causes confusion. I'm gonna work on the skin tonight and I will look at the things you mentioned.

Eisi2005 Wrote:@all
i have a questions, perhaps could anyone help me with this.

Trailer support. Must the trailer are on my harddisk or is it enough to have a http link to the trailer in the nfo file ? If the trailer must on the harddisk in which format ?

Greets
Eisi
Check this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54652
leisure Wrote:That would be AWESOME, seriously I know by searching this forum for a function like this that there are a lot of requests for it. So I don't want to be lazy you doing all the work and made a little mock-up of an idea where to put it. I'm not very good of photoshopping (keeping in mind this is done with microsoft image composer Wink

I personally think, the best idea is to put that info on the lower end of the selected cover in showcase view.

But I also made some ideas where to put it alternatively. 2,3 on the fanart box and 4 being another version of the first idea.

Cheers
I like the option where it's displayed in the upper left corner of the fanart. Thx, I'll play around with this and see what looks best.
carmenm Wrote:Hi,

First amazing work on that skin. So fluent! i love it.

I miss only one thing, custom home shortcuts. Have i missed it? if not are you planning on adding it?
Thanks
You can already add video playlists to main menu. In upcoming version you can also add favourites to main menu.

- carmenm - 2011-02-18

yes favorites! thats what i am waiting for Big Grin
amazing!

- sprite1 - 2011-02-18

Big_Noid Wrote:In the skin settings there is an option under Home window options: Lock mainmenu and Lower main menu while locked. Check these two to have lower main menu. I don't have different styles for home menu, danofun posted a mod in this thread to make the menubar like that of original aeon, you could try that out.

I don't know of language/subtitles flags. I know there are listitem labels for those things and I have been figuring out where to put those, but to this date I don't have a satisfying solution.

I just added custom favourites for mainmenu to svn, so they are in the next release. Just add your addon to your favourites and you can then add them to main menu, with custom background.

Thanks a bunch! Cannot wait!

Version 0.7 is out - BigNoid - 2011-02-18

I added version 0.7 to the repo. As always, thx to all for the comments and bug reports Smile
Changelog:
Code:
[b]0.7[/b]
- Added: UK and Germany ratings throughout skin.
- Added: Custom Favourites to Main Menu.
- Added: Custom Focus Offset Main Menu.
- Added: Random/Latest Movie Poster Widget.
- Added: Choice to show random or latest added widget for music, movies and episodes.
- Added: Flags in InfoList are now optional.
- Added: TV Logo as listitem in Landscape view.
- Added: Infopanel can now be hidden in Landscape view.
- Fixed: Animations of scan dialogs.
- Fixed: Media Menu navigation now finally works as it should.
- Fixed: Backgrounds of videoplaylists are now separate.

When you update the recent added widgets will be gone! You have to enable them in the Home window options, you can choose for each item to show random or recent items.
I added a optional Poster widget, which will not be visible if the main menu is in low mode.
I finally got the navigation to work properly in the media menu, this was driving me crazy from when I started with the skin.
You can now set the default focus to any main menu item you wish. Count from item which is default (mostly Movies) and set this value in the Home window options. Now when the skin starts up it has the default focus of your choice. if you want Pictures or Music, you have to count back, so -2 for pictures and -1 for music.
Also I made an option to show Language and Subtitle labels instead of Genre (extrathumb view) or Country(fanart view) labels.

- dascmo - 2011-02-19

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-19

went to update, lost half the skin. HELP!

edit:
closed and opened xbmc and it's working. The scanning dialogs are still huge though, thought you where going to make em small?

- leisure - 2011-02-19

Big_Noid Wrote:Also I made an option to show Language and Subtitle labels instead of Genre (extrathumb view) or Country(fanart view) labels.

Yes! Your rock, thanks man! Big Grin