Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-09-02

@ ReducedToZero: Good to hear Smile

@ dave2384: Just tested this with default install from repo and cannot reproduce it?

@ harryremon:
1.1 I can look into this.
1.2 I don't think I can do this, but maybe I've overlooked something. Will check the code again.
2:Updated first post with the info how to correct wrong fallback label.
Really, you think the new higlighter doesn't look good? I really think it gives the view something extra, definitely not more primitive. But hey, you can't argue about taste.

- wd40s - 2011-09-02

harryremon Wrote:Just a thought... I don't know if any one agrees with me but the new highlighter for the low list view doesn't look good. it's so Primitive and different than the whole skin (Odd).

I'd have to agree. Also, the new low list seems very dumbed down. Is there anyway to get it back to where I can see details such as Director, Writer, Rating, Air Date, etc?

Regardless, thanks for the hard work you guys put in.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-02

wd40s Wrote:I'd have to agree. Also, the new low list seems very dumbed down. Is there anyway to get it back to where I can see details such as Director, Writer, Rating, Air Date, etc?

Yeah, there is an option show info in media menu.

- harryremon - 2011-09-02

Big_Noid Wrote:@ harryremon:
1.2 I don't think I can do this, but maybe I've overlooked something. Will check the code again.

it's actually already done in other skins like Transparency! if you like to check it out.

Big_Noid Wrote:Really, you think the new higlighter doesn't look good? I really think it gives the view something extra, definitely not more primitive. But hey, you can't argue about taste.

ThanksSmile, what about a Poll with an image of the old and the new highlighter and see what the majority thinks.

AND Sorry to bother you but what about my question :
harryremon Wrote:on last question --- does this skin support a separate album fanarts cause I placed a .jpg image and named it fanart.jpg in the album folder and it didn't work.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-02

harryremon Wrote:it's actually already done in other skins like Transparency! if you like to check it out.

ThanksSmile, what about a Poll with an image of the old and the new highlighter and see what the majority thinks.

AND Sorry to bother you but what about my question :

Oh, missed that. This works together with CDArt manager script. Set the path to your music library in the script and set the same path in Viewtype options. Then use the script to download extrafanart or manually place your fanart in the artist subfolder in a folder called extrafanart. So to summarize: The skin searches for a folder extrafanart in a folder named exactly like the artist in xbmc, in the path set in viewtype options.

- Martijn - 2011-09-02

harryremon Wrote:ThanksSmile, what about a Poll with an image of the old and the new highlighter and see what the majority thinks.

Already had some really interesting discussion about polls with some XBMC team members and they have the same opinion as me, they don't work.
This forum only reaches a very tiny amount of the users that actually use xbmc.
The vast majority who does come to this forum only use it when they have problems so i'm sorry to say polls are pointless.

However: Big Noid, I like the low list as it is Nod

- BigNoid - 2011-09-02

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:This forum only reaches a very tiny amount of the users that actually use xbmc.

Yeah from when I started to make this mod of Aeon I had in the back of my mind that I wanted an Aeon version on offical repo, exactly for this reason, so that all XBMC users have access to Aeon.

I think the new LowList is an improvement, but I the old one from 1.5 is completely interchangeable with the new one. So just copy Viewtype_LowList.xml from version 1.5 over the new one and everything is back to the way it was Smile

- harryremon - 2011-09-02

Big_Noid Wrote:So just copy Viewtype_LowList.xml from version 1.5 over the new one and everything is back to the way it was Smile
WOW thanks for the tip; really usefull Big Grin

- badboy123 - 2011-09-03

I'm liking the changes in the new version however I have the same problem as I did in the old version with the watched/unwatched in landscape mode with tv logos.

As You can see in the pictures:
http://imageshack.us/g/26/22178806.png/

Under each tv logo there is a name of the show which I feel, is a bit irrelevant as the tv logo does that. When I try to go in options and enable watchcount, it does not let me select it (the cursor jumps from icon to show new).

Is there any chance of a quickfix to replace the show name with watched/unwatcherd under each show logo?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

- Death-Axe - 2011-09-03

Duuuuuude! I put on the htpc today just for some bg music via shoutcast (I was playing fortress craft) so after a good while, went to lunch (radio still on). I came back to find the radio had stopped. I turned the tv back to the htpc channel, flicked to tv shows.... and discovered there had been an update!

And dude what an awesome update it was. I LOVE the tv guide bit! and the updates to low list and such are really great.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You are amazing! thanks for all your hard work dude.

- fional - 2011-09-03

harryremon Wrote:Just a thought... I don't know if any one agrees with me but the new highlighter for the low list view doesn't look good. it's so Primitive and different than the whole skin (Odd).

wd40s Wrote:I'd have to agree. Also, the new low list seems very dumbed down. Is there anyway to get it back to where I can see details such as Director, Writer, Rating, Air Date, etc?

I like the colouring, but I did change it because I wanted it to match my glow effect - though it was mentioned previously to have it auto-do that would be a bit dodge, because if you had a glow effect white (which I originally did) then it wouldn't show at all.

Anyway, go into the skin directory/720/ etc and find includes.xml
search for listcolorfocus and change that 8 digit hex to something else.
dcffff17 looks pretty cool, it's nice and gold. Or change it to whatever, I forget what mine was, it's a blue - but I remember the gold looking very sharp as well.

I also, as a test, changed detailed colorfocus and subcolorfocus as well, since they were also orange.

- fional - 2011-09-03

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah from when I started to make this mod of Aeon I had in the back of my mind that I wanted an Aeon version on offical repo, exactly for this reason, so that all XBMC users have access to Aeon.

I think the new LowList is an improvement, but I the old one from 1.5 is completely interchangeable with the new one. So just copy Viewtype_LowList.xml from version 1.5 over the new one and everything is back to the way it was Smile

I think it's a big improvement as well. The only reason I change things, primarily, is right now I'm running off of a single external drive - swapping out as needed (that will change in the next few months.)

Lowlist view is the best Smile

- spong_miester - 2011-09-03

quick question. How do you change which menu item xbmc goes to by default? Mine goes straight to tv shows when i would rather i go to movies, Can this be changed or am i doomed forever

- Qorlax - 2011-09-03

@ spong_miester:
Skin settings > Home window > enable custom focus offset...

@ Big_Noid: thanks for the great skin!

Found a small bug when linking movies to a tv show.

- mikkelnl - 2011-09-03

Awesome update, thanks!

Only problem I'm having: the NEW label won't show on newly added episodes in TV series... I have the option set to 'show new episoded'. STrange thing: it does show the 'WATCHED' label fine!

So right now, tv series with unwatched episodes have no label at all, and there should be a 'NEW' label on them.

Any idea how to fix this small issue? Laugh