Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-09-06

dascmo Wrote:Hey Big_Noid,

I am getting ready to update my SDTV mod from 1.2 --> 1.6 and wanted to add a view type to it. Which xml do I need to edit to make it show up in the skin settings menu so it can be disabled. By the way, the 1.6 update for dharma is stellar as always.

Thanks in advance for your continued support and dedication

It's in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml.

8bitpir8 Wrote:what happened to the wall view in 'non-library' videos. I dont use library mode as I have a seperate movies folder for my young kids which library mode doesnt allow. So im using the older videos and it seems to always get the raw deal with view types. I used aeon as I loved the WALL view... after an update its gone. Why?
Sorry, that is because I backported it from eden-pre version, which doesn't have videofiles anymore. Will be fixed in bugfixes release.
Maxoo Wrote:Hi Big Noid,

I have some problems w/ unicode characters.
Here's a screen :

as you can see, there should be a solution to this problem, seeing that an 'è' is good (uppercase), and another isn't (lowercase).

Have you any idea why ?
This is the 'S' menu by the way.
Yeah, because some are uppercase in language file and others are upprecase from tags. Because I don't have an all caps font this problem occurs. Really more an xbmc bug then a skin bug, but most skins solve it by using an all caps font. But I don't know how to make that for the font I am using.
ibixat Wrote:Just curious if this is skin related or something else, before when I hit the context menu button while watching I'd get the audio video and other information on the top of my screen, 4 lines, the fourth had the FPS, and CPU utilization. Now with 1.6 I'm only seeing 3 lines and the FPS and cpu ultilization is gone.

I've attached a before and now screenshot below to better show what I'm referring to.

and the after

Other than that 1.6 has been a perfect update for me.
I can't reproduce it? You could always use the file from 1.5 to solve the problem. It's called VideoFullScreen.xml.
agc9e Wrote:Big_Noid, first off love the skin, I have used a few other skins in the past and this is my favorite, a lot of choices for view types and each one prettier than the last, really fantastic work.

I got a problem though, after your recent release of the update (1.6) for Dharma the fanart in landscape view has been really slow to load -it takes as much as a minute sometimes. The longest it would take to load before the update was a few seconds, nothing you would really notice.

Any ideas on a solution?
I'll look into this. haven't noticed any slow downs myself.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-06

peppe_sr Wrote:hi big_noid i think i have a found a couple of bugs.
first one, in pictures wall view i can't read the name of the folders because of the color of the text.
second, always in pictures wall view the line is an error or it is part of the skin?

therd, in movie using low list view...... sorry already fixed.
thanks a lot for your job.
xbmc nightly released the 4th sept and aeon nox update from your repo.
peppe

Are you sure you don't have the wrong colors selected. Lite_Floor is only supposed to be enabled with the theme Lite_Floor.
The glowing bar is supposed to be there. It can turned off with the glowbar color selector in the media menu.

- peppe_sr - 2011-09-06

Big_Noid Wrote:Are you sure you don't have the wrong colors selected. Lite_Floor is only supposed to be enabled with the theme Lite_Floor.
The glowing bar is supposed to be there. It can turned off with the glowbar color selector in the media menu.

you are right...... you are right i'll change the theme Rolleyes
peppe

- ibixat - 2011-09-06

Big_Noid Wrote:I can't reproduce it? You could always use the file from 1.5 to solve the problem. It's called VideoFullScreen.xml.

So strange, when I run XBMC on my windows machine that line shows up just fine in 1.6, on my openelec build it doesn't show up, the xml files are identical. When I view the xml file I only see 3 rows listed, I'm not very good at this stuff but does the fps and cpu usage come from a different location somehow? I'm going to update my openelec build to the latest one available, I think there is an update to the one I have. Maybe that will sort it out for me.

*edited from here down*
So I messed around some and adjusted some settings in the file a few times till I found that on Row 3 when I changed the Height tag from 20 to 40 I was able to see both lines again. It would seem that on the windows version I was using it allowed the line to display more than just 20 pixels of height but the openelec build was enforcing the height of that label and not showing anything past 20 pixels, cutting off the next row of text. I'm not sure what that means in the end but a value of 40 worked for me. Thanks for pointing me at the right file to modify I'd have never found it myself.

- fional - 2011-09-06

When you're scrolling through films, and if the .nfo file doesn't have a premier date, it seems to just default to 1601 rather than a -- or whatnot. Is there a way to set a fallback for absence of premier date?

-- This is in Lowlist view.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-06

Shinu Wrote:Hey Noid. A couple quick questions...

1. Wasn't there an option to switch between country and audio/sub info in the plex views? Not sure if it was removed.

2. Is it possible to remove the "play" option from the TV Show info screen? As it does nothing?
1: Yep that was removed. There is an alternative on my download page.
2: Play does browse for tv shows. Pretty useless I agree, but it's built-in function.
ibixat Wrote:So strange, when I run XBMC on my windows machine that line shows up just fine in 1.6, on my openelec build it doesn't show up, the xml files are identical. When I view the xml file I only see 3 rows listed, I'm not very good at this stuff but does the fps and cpu usage come from a different location somehow? I'm going to update my openelec build to the latest one available, I think there is an update to the one I have. Maybe that will sort it out for me.

*edited from here down*
So I messed around some and adjusted some settings in the file a few times till I found that on Row 3 when I changed the Height tag from 20 to 40 I was able to see both lines again. It would seem that on the windows version I was using it allowed the line to display more than just 20 pixels of height but the openelec build was enforcing the height of that label and not showing anything past 20 pixels, cutting off the next row of text. I'm not sure what that means in the end but a value of 40 worked for me. Thanks for pointing me at the right file to modify I'd have never found it myself.
Openelec runs eden-pre. 1.6 is not for the nightlies. This bug is indeed on eden-pre visible. Thx for solution Wink
fional Wrote:When you're scrolling through films, and if the .nfo file doesn't have a premier date, it seems to just default to 1601 rather than a -- or whatnot. Is there a way to set a fallback for absence of premier date?

-- This is in Lowlist view.
Not sure what you mean...there is a wrong fallback for the movie year?

- fional - 2011-09-06

Big_Noid Wrote:Not sure what you mean...there is a wrong fallback for the movie year?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you see where it says "1601" - that is, I'm guessing, because the .nfo file doesn't have the <premiered> tag.

Also, if the individual episode .nfo is missing the <aired> tag, it will display like below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If I manually edit these tags, then there's no issue as it'll display the year (so long as I edit the tag properly, that is!)

- BigNoid - 2011-09-06

@fional: Okay, I see. This is probably a scraping issue. The field is actually filled with 1601, it's no fallback in the skin. And even a fallback wouldn't work, because there is already data in the field.

- fional - 2011-09-06

Big_Noid Wrote:@fional: Okay, I see. This is probably a scraping issue. The field is actually filled with 1601, it's no fallback in the skin. And even a fallback wouldn't work, because there is already data in the field.

Hmm, but that isn't in the .nfo file. Do you mean that XBMC is just filling in 1601 if there's no appropriate tag?

- harryremon - 2011-09-07

@Big_Noid:
Do you think you can revive the Aeon Stark Mod in your Amazing skin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48191

- ibixat - 2011-09-07

harryremon Wrote:@Big_Noid:
Do you think you can revive the Aeon Stark Mod in your Amazing skin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48191

I was just looking at that yesterday as I was copying all my comics to my new unraid server. Was trying to figure out how I could patch it in myself through what would have to be serious trial and errors, though more like error and error and error and trial and error and error if I were to try.

- fional - 2011-09-07

ibixat Wrote:I was just looking at that yesterday as I was copying all my comics to my new unraid server. Was trying to figure out how I could patch it in myself through what would have to be serious trial and errors, though more like error and error and error and trial and error and error if I were to try.

Apart from that converting script, isn't it essentially just creating a new "Pictures" tab?

Info - Picchio_75 - 2011-09-07

Hi, this is a great skin but i've a problem Sad
I haven't sub menù file in video and movies so i can't add new source video.
I tryed also to add news sorce from sub menù root in sistem but i can't see news suorces in video or movie. Can anyone help me? Thankyou

- fional - 2011-09-07

Picchio_75 Wrote:Hi, this is a great skin but i've a problem Sad
I haven't sub menù file in video and movies so i can't add new source video.
I tryed also to add news sorce from sub menù root in sistem but i can't see news suorces in video or movie. Can anyone help me? Thankyou

If you're running the Dharma version of the skin, Movies and TV Shows won't appear until a source has been added and library updated.

Click on "Videos":

Then click on "Add Source"
You'll be prompted with a menu, you can browse for the location of the source.

Then select whether it is a Movie or TV Show source and make sure to switch update library on.

There may be a couple more options, but just follow the onscreen instructions. Then when it scans the source, you should have a Movies and TV Show menu.

- lowfi - 2011-09-07

Is it possible to create a menu item on the home page which leads directly to a video add on?

running 11.0 & nox svn