Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- fional - 2011-09-08

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Same here but i understand if he doesn't do it yet. Proably has others things planned to.

Personally, I think the "Pictures" section is a bit sparse, though that's probably more in need of an add-on than anything else.

It is a bit difficult to navigate through, I think. Not really sure what design would be better though, I've thought about that loads. Something like perhaps displaying the captions or searching via tags or whatnot. Maybe even something fancy like assigning music tracks to certain albums.

I know there was one picture-related add-on I had installed awhile ago, but it didn't work the greatest at the time. I think that may be my latest mess-about-with.

- Martijn - 2011-09-08

fional Wrote:Personally, I think the "Pictures" section is a bit sparse, though that's probably more in need of an add-on than anything else.

It is a bit difficult to navigate through, I think. Not really sure what design would be better though, I've thought about that loads. Something like perhaps displaying the captions or searching via tags or whatnot. Maybe even something fancy like assigning music tracks to certain albums.

I know there was one picture-related add-on I had installed awhile ago, but it didn't work the greatest at the time. I think that may be my latest mess-about-with.
True it's a bit sparse. It could use some sort of "title / tag" with every foto or so. Now it just uses filename. For now just keep your foto's very well organized bij date/place of some sort. Think it's also more an xbmc issue than a skin.
For now i'm using the stripshow view although the lowlist would be great to.

- BCage - 2011-09-08

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:See you're using Dharma because just tried it and get the same. On pre-Eden it's works fine.
Thinks this needs some fixing/adding it by Big Noid if he still wants to because Nox 1.6.1 would be the last update.

Ok, thanks for confirming. I guess it's time to upgrade then.

- PantsOnFire - 2011-09-08

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:True it's a bit sparse... ...Think it's also more an xbmc issue than a skin.

I agree. And it might just be my pc spec, but even opening a picture takes too long, it's quicker for me to do it in windows picture viewer!

- Martijn - 2011-09-08

PantsOnFire Wrote:I agree. And it might just be my pc spec, but even opening a picture takes too long, it's quicker for me to do it in windows picture viewer!

No speed problems here. Everything runs over network and all is instant. I do have dirtyregions and DDS images on.

- bandelguy - 2011-09-08

Middle Wrote:manfeed this is awnsome!!! this is one thing that i want too. this is going to my aeon now!!

btw Big_Noid any chance that you give a hand here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109626

i think i got almost everything under control, just need some guidance or a hand to make the minishowcase.

looks great, should be incorporated in Nox

- Martijn - 2011-09-08

Big Noid,
In weatherplus you have to press "enter" to change the screen. It is a little bit counter intuative to the rest of xbmc. The rest you just use the arrow keys and it automaticly updates the view. Is this the add-on itself or is this due to the skin?

When you only add one submenu to the "Programs" menu you can select an empty space. It doesn't do anything dough when clicked.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4459/screenshot183i.png

When browsing music singles the cdart spins without anything being played. It doesn't do this when browsing albums--> album tracks. Both the same view (list, lowlist)
Infowall only shows track title, nothing else.

- Hack_kid - 2011-09-08

ok got a new bug to report. maybe this will requre a screenshot but here i go explaining it anyways. in tv shows i use the infowall for my episodes view as i can see a lot of thumbs at once (9). with that view it shows the fanart in the background as well as a smaller version in the bottom right corner. also for the tv shows SHOWS view i use banner plex it also has a fanart backdrop and a smaller on within a window. now in the info wall view as of late (few days) ive noticed that when i hover over some episodes the fanart in the little box is black but its still visiible in the background if i play the video and exit now the box is filled withe the fanart and one that perviously didnt have the black fnaart (in box) issue does. they flip flop all the while the one in the back is ALWAYS there. so i dont know whats going on. i deleted my textures.db and genertated thumbs so it re generated everything i even refreshed certin epiosdes and shows the onlything i havent done is a comple RE Scan but that seems crazy.

Anay ideas noid?

- NiklasK - 2011-09-08

Any plans on adding the view called "old multiplex"? I know its close to what the showcase-view looks like but I´d prefer the old multiplex that uses smaller poster images and can show more titles so to speak.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-08

BCage Wrote:Yes, this works. However if I choose infoWall as display mode, the info on the right only shows the title. The same thing happens if I choose Video on the home screen and then select 'Add-ons' from the list in the next screen. But, if I choose 'Add-ons' from the 'Video' submenu on the home screen all the info for the video plugin appears on the right side of the screen.

Any idea what could be the cause of this?
Make sure you are in library mode while adding your video add-ons to your favourites.
manfeed Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, since I wanted music clearlogos to display in the Music visualization screen I decided to try it myself (I hope you don't mindBlush). I have added this code in MusicVisualisation.xml:

<control type="image"><!--logo-->
<animation effect="slide" start="-400" end="0" time="150" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="100">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-400" time="350" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="300">WindowClose</animation>
<posx>50</posx>
<posy>260</posy>
<width>230</width>
<height>156</height>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/../logo.png</texture>
<fadetime>300</fadetime>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
</control>

This way I got this result:

...but I noticed that the clearlogo looks somewhat pale, nowhere near as vibrant as in your Home screen, as you can see...

... what am I doing wrong, please? I have spent the whole day messing around and I don't get it to work.

Thank you Nod
Lol, I was searching a while back for a place to set the logo in music viz, can't believe I didn't think of that. The problem is that the logo is shown underneath the shade effect to make the text better readable. Place the code almost at the bottom to fix.
Middle Wrote:btw Big_Noid any chance that you give a hand here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109626

i think i got almost everything under control, just need some guidance or a hand to make the minishowcase.
Showcase is pretty hard to make if you start skinning. This isn't so easy to code and I have some other things I want to look at first in the skin. So sorry, but atm I can't help you out.

harryremon Wrote:It already works in xbmc, XBMC supports .cbr and .cbz(which are the comic files extensions) in pictures library, but of course there is no sorting or thumbs or fanart whatsoever, so what do you think , Lots of people like comics and it would be a good addition to the skin.
Okay if I find some comics I'll take a look.
Hack_kid Wrote:ok got a new bug to report. maybe this will requre a screenshot but here i go explaining it anyways. in tv shows i use the infowall for my episodes view as i can see a lot of thumbs at once (9). with that view it shows the fanart in the background as well as a smaller version in the bottom right corner. also for the tv shows SHOWS view i use banner plex it also has a fanart backdrop and a smaller on within a window. now in the info wall view as of late (few days) ive noticed that when i hover over some episodes the fanart in the little box is black but its still visiible in the background if i play the video and exit now the box is filled withe the fanart and one that perviously didnt have the black fnaart (in box) issue does. they flip flop all the while the one in the back is ALWAYS there. so i dont know whats going on. i deleted my textures.db and genertated thumbs so it re generated everything i even refreshed certin epiosdes and shows the onlything i havent done is a comple RE Scan but that seems crazy.

Anay ideas noid?
Yeah, that was a bug. It was supposed to show the episode thumb.
NiklasK Wrote:Any plans on adding the view called "old multiplex"? I know its close to what the showcase-view looks like but I´d prefer the old multiplex that uses smaller poster images and can show more titles so to speak.
No, no more views. There are 16 views right now, (18 if you count tv logo and multiplex which are alternates of landscape and poster view).
All effort is now going in finetuning, adding new skinning features and making it bug free.

- Choque - 2011-09-08

PantsOnFire Wrote:I agree. And it might just be my pc spec, but even opening a picture takes too long, it's quicker for me to do it in windows picture viewer!
Just select the first picture and then press play. It will automatically go through the pictures then and it's way faster then trying to skip to the next picture which takes ages sometimes.

- meridius - 2011-09-08

how do you enable the info of tv shows as there all hidden in the new skin ? i want to enable the info of each show

thanks

- Martijn - 2011-09-08

meridius Wrote:how do you enable the info of tv shows as there all hidden in the new skin ? i want to enable the info of each show

thanks

You mean the infopanel in library?
You can turn it on in MediaMenu. Press "left" or "up" couple of times until it pops up.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-08

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Big Noid,
In weatherplus you have to press "enter" to change the screen. It is a little bit counter intuative to the rest of xbmc. The rest you just use the arrow keys and it automaticly updates the view. Is this the add-on itself or is this due to the skin?

When you only add one submenu to the "Programs" menu you can select an empty space. It doesn't do anything dough when clicked.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4459/screenshot183i.png

When browsing music singles the cdart spins without anything being played. It doesn't do this when browsing albums--> album tracks. Both the same view (list, lowlist)
Infowall only shows track title, nothing else.
Thx, I'll take a look tonight. The weather + stays like it is for now. That was such a pain to code, I was glad it was done and never looked back :p
Can't reproduce the program sub menu thing. Isn't there a space somewhere in the custom favorites or add-ons. It will only show something if there is text for the submenu's entry.

- Martijn - 2011-09-08

Big_Noid Wrote:Can't reproduce the program sub menu thing. Isn't there a space somewhere in the custom favorites or add-ons. It will only show something if there is text for the submenu's entry.

Ha you're wright. Something must went wrong. In settings it showed three custum add-on subs. Clicked on "add-on 2" and it was set to none. Just did an enter and the third one disappeared. Only the text won't fit in the submenu's but that something else.