Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-09-21

igbygoesclown Wrote:Just checked the version and it's 10.1. Everything is there, it shows on the Neon skin when i tried it so I don't know..HuhHuh

I think I know what you mean. It used to show in the minimalistic osd. That has been removed to preserve the clean look of that osd. You can enable Show video info when paused if you want some more info when pressing pause, or I can show you how to mod it in the minimalistic osd. It's not going back in as default as I really like the clean look of it.

Using the Recently Added features - bluek1d - 2011-09-21

Hey gang,

I am loving this skin! I only have one question. I am trying to use the recently added TV shows and Movies on the home screen feature and I can't seem to get it to work. When I enable them, nothing seems to show up anywhere. I am not sure what I am missing. Is there something special I need to do to get those working? The recently added feature works on other skins so I don't think I am completely hopeless.

I am using XBMC 10.1 and the latest version of the skin downloaded from within XBMC add-ons.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-22

bluek1d Wrote:Hey gang,

I am loving this skin! I only have one question. I am trying to use the recently added TV shows and Movies on the home screen feature and I can't seem to get it to work. When I enable them, nothing seems to show up anywhere. I am not sure what I am missing. Is there something special I need to do to get those working? The recently added feature works on other skins so I don't think I am completely hopeless.

I am using XBMC 10.1 and the latest version of the skin downloaded from within XBMC add-ons.

Have you enabled the movies and tv shows menu items? That's the only place they will show and those buttons default to off in the 10.1 version of the skin.

- ibixat - 2011-09-22

My logo script and tv guide seem to have stopped working entirely for me. They were up and running before but now if I run the tv logo script it just comes back right away with 0's for all categories, if I try to run it from the info "get Logo" it comes back "error no tvdb id found" I've checked the nfo file for the tv show and the ID's are in them, I even rescraped the show using the built in scraper instead and it still gives me the same error. My TV Guide screen is now blank as well, no shows listed at all.

Running the latest version from passion repository and version 11 compiled on sept 18th. Any thoughts on where to start.

**edit**
trying to update to a newer build of openelec, looks like the 18th has has a release on the 20th and 21st since then. Hoping that takes care of it. The get logo sript is actually running now though, that's a start. TV Guide still coming up emtpy though.

That seems to have fixed it, but my TV Guide screen is only filling in up to monday the 26th, the 27th is completely blank and I know there are plenty of shows for tuesday. But I don't think that is really a nox issue at this point =) (nor was any of it really I guess)

- BigNoid - 2011-09-22

ibixat Wrote:My logo script and tv guide seem to have stopped working entirely for me. They were up and running before but now if I run the tv logo script it just comes back right away with 0's for all categories, if I try to run it from the info "get Logo" it comes back "error no tvdb id found" I've checked the nfo file for the tv show and the ID's are in them, I even rescraped the show using the built in scraper instead and it still gives me the same error. My TV Guide screen is now blank as well, no shows listed at all.

Running the latest version from passion repository and version 11 compiled on sept 18th. Any thoughts on where to start.
Yes, those scripts you mentioned need nightly builds from at least yesterday (they were updated today). Nothing I can do frm skinning point of view.

- ibixat - 2011-09-22

Big_Noid Wrote:Yes, those scripts you mentioned need nightly builds from at least yesterday (they were updated today). Nothing I can do frm skinning point of view.

Thanks Big_Noid, I kinda figured that out after posting but I really do appreciate you confirming that for me. I updated to the build from today and things are (mostly) working proper now.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-22

I have just configured my movie library inDharma 10.1 with the latest repo version of NOXand all works great so far.

Now I notice that for the movie detail layout there are a number of layout choices that allow thumbs to be displayed (screenshots) but obviously I haven't got any thumbs set for movies yet and all the boxes show the default image.

I read somewhere else that in the movie folder you need to have a folder called "thumbs" and then have "thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg ....." placed int he folder to have these show. I have done a quick test with 1 movie but they don't show up.

How does this feature work and is there a way to automatically grab images for this feature or do I have to manually find the thumbs for this?

EDIT: Ok, found the answer after more searching... The DIR needs to be named "extrathumbs". How does one collect these thumbs. I am currently just google imaging the movies but this is slooooow for 500+ movies. Is there an automated screen grabber?

- Martijn - 2011-09-22

phsyraxion Wrote:I have just configured my movie library inDharma 10.1 with the latest repo version of NOXand all works great so far.

Now I notice that for the movie detail layout there are a number of layout choices that allow thumbs to be displayed (screenshots) but obviously I haven't got any thumbs set for movies yet and all the boxes show the default image.

I read somewhere else that in the movie folder you need to have a folder called "thumbs" and then have "thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg ....." placed int he folder to have these show. I have done a quick test with 1 movie but they don't show up.

How does this feature work and is there a way to automatically grab images for this feature or do I have to manually find the thumbs for this?

it's actually a folder called "extrathumbs". So name it like that.
To automaticly download you can use:
Windows: EMM-r (Ember. There an official version and a updated version with some bugfixes)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90682
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110527

For MAC i think: ViMediaManager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109976

Normally they are used for NFO files but you can also choose for the extrathumbs only.

- Devaron - 2011-09-22

Hi all. I don't know it this is a know issue but every time i test another skin and then go back to Nox (which i always do Nod ) the database view settings are mixed up.

I don't know if this is a skin issue or not. Never thought much of it because it only takes a minute or so to set them back again. I just wondered if this is a know "bug" or something.

- BigNoid - 2011-09-22

Devaron Wrote:Hi all. I don't know it this is a know issue but every time i test another skin and then go back to Nox (which i always do Nod ) the database view settings are mixed up.

I don't know if this is a skin issue or not. Never thought much of it because it only takes a minute or so to set them back again. I just wondered if this is a know "bug" or something.

I *think* the viewmode database resets itself when changing skins.

- Raytestrak - 2011-09-22

Raytestrak Wrote:Is it possible to view trailers in the carousel view? Up shows the menu and down switches between 2D to 3D view, but I can't get trailers working. (Or is it because I have the trailer addict add-on enabled?).

Still can't get this working

Raytestrak Wrote:I have my xbmc portable and I noticed that when you set a path to animated weather icons, weather wallpapers, multi image tvshows, movies, or stuff like that, the relative path get translated into a hardcoded path. Instead of home or special, it lists the full path which means it's broke when you run you portable xbmc from a different location.

Nevermind, editted the guisettings.xml in my userdate folder to special://etcetc. Works fine now. This won't get updated with a skin update right?

Raytestrak Wrote:Other small question: In the home window customizer there's an option to set the music wallpaper to "Fanart". Can this option be added for TV Shows and Movies too?

Did some digging. That would be a no Sad
Fanart for tvshows and is stored in the same folder, so there's no way to differentiate. I wish it would store per videosource or something. That would make customizing active playlists so much easier too.

- bluek1d - 2011-09-22

Big_Noid Wrote:Have you enabled the movies and tv shows menu items? That's the only place they will show and those buttons default to off in the 10.1 version of the skin.

You are the man! I was expecting it to be visible by highlighting Movies and TV Shows under the main Video category. Once I turned those on, it worked great.
Thanks!

- smiffy1989 - 2011-09-23

Big_Noid Wrote:Yes, those scripts you mentioned need nightly builds from at least yesterday (they were updated today). Nothing I can do frm skinning point of view.

Do the scripts need updating too or should they automatically update? I'm running last nights nightly and they still don't work Sad

- Martijn - 2011-09-23

smiffy1989 Wrote:Do the scripts need updating too or should they automatically update? I'm running last nights nightly and they still don't work Sad

Should update automatic. You should at least get a build version of September 21. Another way it to check the add-ons sections and find the scripts. See if you can update them manually.

- soder - 2011-09-23

Hi. I've started to use this skin a couple of month ago. Before that I had my Alaska period and before that I was a big Aeon fan.

I on the SVN of the skin, since I use a pre Eden build, and the default version of the skin didn't work very well.

Anyhow, I use the landscape view for my TV Shows and the TV Logos make everything look so much more professional.

But since I'm from Sweden, I have a lot of tv shows in my library that are not getting as much support for fan art and posters and banners, AND SPECIALLY not TV logos. =(

I wonder if there is a way to use a poster or a banner for these shows that do not have any TV Logos? I know that it might not be as good looking, but as it is now, it's can be really hard to now what show that is. Specially if there also are no fan art.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

/Söder