Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- carmenm - 2011-02-21

Thanks for the home favorites!
I am wondering:
Is it possible to change the default behavior of choosing Movies in the home screen?
I mean right now it brings you to the movies by titles. But i would like it to bring me to the recently added titles (the only view i am using)
Is that possible?

THanks

- BigNoid - 2011-02-21

Death-Axe Wrote:Request: cover/icon size in video plugins to be a square shape rather than rectangle as those icons are equal size X size if you know what I mean. And maybe a vew to make it more.... tv channel selection like.

Request 2: scanning dialogues (music and video) to be shrunk on the home menu as they are quite a bit too big.

Thanks big noid!
Okay, I will make the scanning dialogs smaller on Home screen too Big Grin
Can you name a plugin (and which view) for example? I looked in Youtube plugin and there it is how it should.

Shinu Wrote:great skin u have here Big_Noid. the only things as far i can see that the skin needs is more viewtypes for both the movie and tv show sections. a bannerview and smaller landscape (with banner.jpg and landscape.jpg support as not to interfere with the poster views) view would do this skin nicely. also, as said in numerous posts i'm sure, Cinema Experience support would also be a great addition. Great skin non-the-less. Smile
There is already Cinema Experience support, just press play in Info screen. But I will add it to the first post to clear things up.
carmenm Wrote:Thanks for the home favorites!
I am wondering:
Is it possible to change the default behavior of choosing Movies in the home screen?
I mean right now it brings you to the movies by titles. But i would like it to bring me to the recently added titles (the only view i am using)
Is that possible?

THanks
Not through skin settings. You'd have to hack the Home.xml and search for:
Code:
<item id="10">
            <label>20342</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/movies.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
          </item>
Change that to
Code:
<item id="10">
            <label>20342</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,RecentlyAddedMovies,return)</onclick>
            <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/movies.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
          </item>
procrastinator Wrote:I'm not sure if this is the answer to what is causing the mix-up of non-ASCII characters, but when I saw the following post in another thread I thought it might have something to do with your issue:

The thread it came from was about transferring a database file from a PC to the ATV2 and losing posters etc for any file named with non-ASCII characters. Doesn't necessarily provide a solution, but I hope that this sheds some light on the problem... but I might be totally wrong and this doesn't have anything to do with it!

BTW: @Big Noid: thanks for pointing out where the symbols are on the on-screen keyboard. Fantastic work on the skin!
Unfortunately this also happens on my windows box, so I think it maybe something else. Thx for the suggestion though, any help on this problem is appreciated.

- Shinu - 2011-02-21

Oh ok. u should name it "Cinema" or something so that ppl would know Laugh. Ever considered doing a simple bannerplex or a smaller landscape view like these...

I for one think that it would go great with the overall style of the skin. And it doesn't seem too difficult to do, seeing as it uses the normal info style. What do u think Big_Noid?

- BigNoid - 2011-02-21

Shinu Wrote:Oh ok. u should name it "Cinema" or something so that ppl would know Laugh. Ever considered doing a simple bannerplex or a smaller landscape view like these...

I for one think that it would go great with the overall style of the skin. And it doesn't seem too difficult to do, seeing as it uses the normal info style. What do u think Big_Noid?
The Landscape view for TV Shows as it is now I think looks better.
The banner view might look good (don´t like the glowing letters though). How does it navigate? Is the focused banner always centered or is it just a panel? Nice work on the mock-ups btw Big Grin

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-21

Hi,

my favorite for tv banner was only 12 banners. 2x6 banners in a row.

Greets
Eisi

- Shinu - 2011-02-21

Big_Noid Wrote:The Landscape view for TV Shows as it is now I think looks better.
The banner view might look good (don´t like the glowing letters though). How does it navigate? Is the focused banner always centered or is it just a panel? Nice work on the mock-ups btw Big Grin

I'm glad u like em' Big Grin they were done a bit hurriedly hence why they're kinda rough around the edges. i was trying to replicate the glowing surface u already use in the skin with the glowing letters. guess i kinda fail there. Laugh. the bannerview is an edit of an old banner view that i've noticed a lot of people have been asking for throughout the forum....

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/PrSinister/XBMC%20Mods%20Screenshots/bannerplex_nofocus.jpg

so far, i haven't seen any modern Aeon skin implement the view properly but seeing your version of the skin, I just though that it would suit the overall style very well. the focused banner doesn't necessarily need to be centered. it might look best if it were to move left or right according to the direction you're moving.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-02-21

Eisi2005 Wrote:Hi,

my favorite for tv banner was only 12 banners. 2x6 banners in a row.

Greets
Eisi

Same over here..
I love such banner-views. Clean and reliable, especially if you've to scroll through a large db.

Cheers

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-21

Big_Noid Wrote:Okay, I will make the scanning dialogs smaller on Home screen too Big Grin
Can you name a plugin (and which view) for example? I looked in Youtube plugin and there it is how it should.

Hi Big noid, not speaking within the actual plugins, but more rather the plugins selection screen. As the icons are square, and the covers views for that are rectangular, it just looks a bit odd that's all. Not a HUGE deal though. View wise, any that use covers like wallview etc. Would be cool if it was more like the cd covers view aspect ratio size wise.

Thanks for taking these suggestions on board, very appreciated and well done.

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-21

Quick q: how to enable the 'enable latest/random/ movie posters'? they are grayed out in the options.

Thanks again :-)

- dascmo - 2011-02-21

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Same over here..
I love such banner-views. Clean and reliable, especially if you've to scroll through a large db.

Cheers

+2

- BigNoid - 2011-02-21

Okay, for everybody who requested banners:

I also made a new view for TV Shows and Episodes, inspired by the Info-panel from Xperience and Panelplex from Legacy Dark:
TV Show level:

Episode level:

Death-Axe Wrote:Quick q: how to enable the 'enable latest/random/ movie posters'? they are grayed out in the options.

Thanks again :-)
You'd have to enable Show Recently Added Videos first.

- Adeiko - 2011-02-21

Love the Movie Poster Widget, but...

1. Can you make it work with low main menu? Or it's imposible?

2. Can you make something similar with Music & TV Shows?

- Maybe show the episode image on the TV Shows
- Maybe the recently added albums o the recently played albums in music, will be great.
- Also will be super if you could choose 5 of them favorites and show them like a widget. For example the 5 shows that you are watching right now you can put them into the widget and don't have to enter in the menu, or the top 5 cds that you listen.

Thanks for the great works, appreciated.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-02-21

@Big_Noid

have you update the svn with the new banner show ? I could not enable this view Smile

Greets
Eisi

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-02-21

Big_Noid Wrote:Okay, for everybody who requested banners:

Beautiful,
but could you let it scroll down & up, instead of left & right Huh ?
This would enhance the visual-ergonomy and also the work-flow.
Everything else is fine,

Cheers

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-22

Big_Noid Wrote:Okay, for everybody who requested banners:

You'd have to enable Show Recently Added Videos first.

This is enabled, tried disabling an re enabling, still grayed out.