Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Smobbo - 2011-11-06

I've seen you (Big_Noid) replying in the thread about 'on-deck', can we expect this feature in the near future for Aeon Nox?

I've found one bug/translation issue.
I wanted to use the extra fanart option for TV Shows so i have different background fanart for each shows. In the side menu this option is called (in dutch): Extra fanart voor Muziek bibliotheek aanzetten

But this isn't (just) for the music library, it is for all the libraries Wink

Keep up the great work!

- Martijn - 2011-11-06

Smobbo Wrote:I've seen you (Big_Noid) replying in the thread about 'on-deck', can we expect this feature in the near future for Aeon Nox?

I've found one bug/translation issue.
I wanted to use the extra fanart option for TV Shows so i have different background fanart for each shows. In the side menu this option is called (in dutch): Extra fanart voor Muziek bibliotheek aanzetten

But this isn't (just) for the music library, it is for all the libraries Wink

Keep up the great work!
Blush
My fault. Will fix and at the same time update missing translations

- hackyli - 2011-11-06

Ok got that. Does anyone know which scraper I can use and it will fetch german trailers?

New default weather screen - BigNoid - 2011-11-06

With the removal of standard weather support i took the opportunity to update the default weather screen. This is with data from weather plus, but without all the extra options:

- BigNoid - 2011-11-06

Smobbo Wrote:I've seen you (Big_Noid) replying in the thread about 'on-deck', can we expect this feature in the near future for Aeon Nox?
This was already added yesterday Wink
It's an extra widget in place of latest or random items. Enable in Home Widgets section.
Raytestrak Wrote:Is there a way to trigger the logo downloader? It used to be in the side menu of tvshows, but it's gone now. The only way I found to run now is via the add-ons menu, but I have this disabled normally. I can create a favorite and add that as a submenu of tvshows if there's no other way.

edit:

Tried that, but it won't run as a favorite. Not via the submenu and not via the favorite menu directly. It only runs from the Programs menu.
I removed that since it now can be run from the programs section. It was only there because there was no other way to run it.
If you want to add it to your favorites you must edit your favorites.xml like this:
Code:
<favourite name="Logo Downloader" thumb="C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_SVN\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\icon.png">RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg,poster=poster.jpg)</favourite>

- frodo19 - 2011-11-06

Big_Noid Wrote:With the removal of standard weather support i took the opportunity to update the default weather screen. This is with data from weather plus, but without all the extra options:

Looks good! Cool

And the home weather widget working too?

- ReducedToZero - 2011-11-06

Big_Noid Wrote:With the removal of standard weather support i took the opportunity to update the default weather screen. This is with data from weather plus, but without all the extra options

Awesome and clean, nicely done Big_Noid Smile

Assuming this is Eden only, may be time to switch.

* ReducedToZero crosses fingers for stability in the nightlies Wink

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.7
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- BigNoid - 2011-11-06

frodo19 Wrote:Looks good! Cool

And the home weather widget working too?
Yeah, turned out you need to set the location in weather plus settings for current conditions to work.
ReducedToZero Wrote:Awesome and clean, nicely done Big_Noid Smile

Assuming this is Eden only, may be time to switch.

* BigNoid crosses fingers for stability in the nightlies Wink

'Zero

-----
XBMC Dharma | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox 1.7
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
I hope I can commit this today, but I'm also rewriting the weather plus layout and that is a hell of a job.

- smithr99 - 2011-11-06

how would I go about displaying the Star rating of the currently playing song on the Home screen (alongside the song title)

thanks

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-06

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It is still available through TV show info so you can run per show

Thanks, that helps alot. Running the script for all series takes ages. Unfortunately, xbmc hangs almost everytime I try it this way. I don't get the menu, xbmc freezes alltogether. Nothing weird in my logs. nightly of nov 4th and todays skin from passion repo.

Big_Noid Wrote:I removed that since it now can be run from the programs section. It was only there because there was no other way to run it.
If you want to add it to your favorites you must edit your favorites.xml like this:
Code:
<favourite name="Logo Downloader" thumb="C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_SVN\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\icon.png">RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg,poster=poster.jpg)</favourite>

Tried it, I still don't see any action. Mine was this:

Code:
<favourite name="Logo Downloader" thumb="C:\Users\Raytestrak\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.logo-downloader&quot;)</favourite>

I only see the script running from the programs home menu item, that's probably because the favourite doesn't contain any parameters, but with your parameters I still doesn't do anything.

- htpc guy - 2011-11-06

Really digging this skin lately. Just wanted to add a minor bug that I am able to replicate.

I've added the Pandora addon to favorites and then put it on the home menu. Later on I marked something else as favorite and the Pandora home screen item changed the label to the new favorited item. It still opened Pandora though.

I'm using the Passion SVN version and a recent nightly build (within the last week or so).

- BigNoid - 2011-11-06

htpc guy Wrote:Really digging this skin lately. Just wanted to add a minor bug that I am able to replicate.

I've added the Pandora addon to favorites and then put it on the home menu. Later on I marked something else as favorite and the Pandora home screen item changed the label to the new favorited item. It still opened Pandora though.

I'm using the Passion SVN version and a recent nightly build (within the last week or so).
I can't reproduce this. You can always edit the label of the favorite in the skin settings.
smithr99 Wrote:how would I go about displaying the Star rating of the currently playing song on the Home screen (alongside the song title)

thanks
For that you need to edit the Includes_HomeWidgets.xml. The title is in include Furniture_HomeNowPlayingObjects
Raytestrak Wrote:Thanks, that helps alot. Running the script for all series takes ages. Unfortunately, xbmc hangs almost everytime I try it this way. I don't get the menu, xbmc freezes alltogether. Nothing weird in my logs. nightly of nov 4th and todays skin from passion repo.

Tried it, I still don't see any action. Mine was this:

Code:
<favourite name="Logo Downloader" thumb="C:\Users\Raytestrak\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\icon.png">RunScript(&quot;script.logo-downloader&quot;)</favourite>

I only see the script running from the programs home menu item, that's probably because the favourite doesn't contain any parameters, but with your parameters I still doesn't do anything.

This is a known bug caused by the backend running of the next aired script. Should be fixed in today's build:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12126

EDIT: just tried todays build and still doesn't work Sad

- BigNoid - 2011-11-06

lukenukem Wrote:Only looking at the screenshots for Aeon Nox, I was immediately a big fan. However, the skin is unusable to me as it crashes the AppleTV2 regularly. More often than not I am not able to start playing a video, because XBMC quits before I get to the right menu. (Which, just to note, doesn't happen when using certain other skins.)

Is this a known problem you guys are working on?
Because if it'll help, I'd like to keep posting debug logs until we figure out how to bring this awesome skin to the AppleTV2 stably.

You can always post a full debug log. I can check for errors caused by the skin.

- Raytestrak - 2011-11-06

Big_Noid Wrote:This is a known bug caused by the backend running of the next aired script. Should be fixed in today's build:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12126

EDIT: just tried todays build and still doesn't work Sad

Interestinh. I have more random lockups, for instance when starting a video. For example: I can play 5 videos in a row and the sixth time xmbc freezes. Or: I reboot my PC and xbmc hangs the first time while trying to play a video. Or: when trying to quit xbmc. Could they also be caused by this? I know it's not the appropriate place to ask since the lockups don't seem to be skin related.

I'll just keep installing nightlies till it's fixed. Laugh I think I have some sort of OCD when it comes to updates, if it's there I must install it.

- Martijn - 2011-11-06

Raytestrak Wrote:I'll just keep installing nightlies till it's fixed. Laugh I think I have some sort of OCD when it comes to updates, if it's there I must install it.

Well in that case, could you try this one and report any errors in theforum thread Big Grin
script.extrafanartdownloader-Eden(0.4.2)-RC1.zip

Have the same problem with the videos. Sometimes it just freezes the GUI and i only see the loading... dialog however i can hear the audio just fine. Do a restart and all works again.