Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Maxoo - 2011-12-04

Could be an option, like any other widget.

+1

- Deano316 - 2011-12-04

+1

Nice idea Nod

- BigNoid - 2011-12-04

- Martijn - 2011-12-04

And why isn't that already in Git Stare
(just kidding Wink )

- Deano316 - 2011-12-04

Hey Big Noid, are you planning to add the option to use custom fanart for the custom sub menus on the home screen?

- BigNoid - 2011-12-04

@Deano316: No, I would think its very distracting and confusing to change fanart between menu and submenu.

- hunkyn - 2011-12-04

Big_Noid Wrote:Image

@BN that was fast. Are we going to get that in the repo? Or do we have to wait a couple of days before you finalize it :p.

Thanks

- Raytestrak - 2011-12-04

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Looks nice indeed however i think this would be very stressfull to lowpower htpc

They shouldn't consume cpu power/memory when they aren't active though, right? Especially with the weather widget off, they'd only use resources when using a weather plugin.

Big_Noid Wrote:Image

Skilled skinner doesn't do you justice ...

- Martijn - 2011-12-04

Raytestrak Wrote:They shouldn't consume cpu power/memory when they aren't active though, right? Especially with the weather widget off, they'd only use resources when using a weather plugin.
Correct Nod
Even with my Intel-i7 with powerfull videocard you see xbmc struggling (you can notice on the RSS feed)

Quote:Skilled skinner doesn't do you justice ...

Should be more like Master of the Universe Skinner

- theGuillaume - 2011-12-05

Hi Big_Noid. I did the fix because I didn't like the new InfoWall view, but now I'm left with the background(fanart) way too bright, it's hard to read the text over it. Is there a way to darken it?

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-05

Hi all -

I wanted to check out the latest from Nox, so I installed passion xbmc repo and downloaded the latest Nox from there. However, when I switched over, the skin seems to be incomplete and missing things. I cannot see the radio buttons to make selections, and the background 'frames' surrounding the options is not there, as it is for all of the other skins including Nox v 1.7.

I tried another skin from the passion repository and am seeming the same thing with that skin as well. Other skins from the pre-eden repo work just fine. I'm running an 11/21 build of pre-eden, so I'm up-to-date. Am I missing a step to perform in order to get the completely functional skin from the passion repo?

thanks in advance for the help!

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-05

htpc guy Wrote:@BN

What are your thoughts on adding animated weather images like these http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116128

If you have ever used an HTC Android device then you will be familiar with the icons. They are quite beautiful.

Very nice - would love to see this.

- crisdecuba - 2011-12-05

Okay, so this will likely be a n00b question, but bear with me.

I want the newest Aeon Nox skin because if the recent updates mentioned in this thread, but I am wary of having to go to a nightly build in order to get it.

So can anyone comment on whether it's easy enough to go from Dharma to pre-Eden to warrant doing so only for the updated skin? Are there other reasons to go to the nightly build? I've also put in a lot of work in setting up the Advanced Launcher addon. Will I have to redo that?

Any thoughts that would help me get a sense of what it will look like to upgrade would be appreciated. That way I know whether it's worth it or not.

Thanks in advance!

- Martijn - 2011-12-05

deh2k7 Wrote:Very nice - would love to see this.

deh2k7 Wrote:Hi all -

I wanted to check out the latest from Nox, so I installed passion xbmc repo and downloaded the latest Nox from there. However, when I switched over, the skin seems to be incomplete and missing things. I cannot see the radio buttons to make selections, and the background 'frames' surrounding the options is not there, as it is for all of the other skins including Nox v 1.7.

I tried another skin from the passion repository and am seeming the same thing with that skin as well. Other skins from the pre-eden repo work just fine. I'm running an 11/21 build of pre-eden, so I'm up-to-date. Am I missing a step to perform in order to get the completely functional skin from the passion repo?

thanks in advance for the help!
Even that one can be to old. BigNoid follows the new development in nightly builds very close so might be worth updating to a newer version. It's also possible that something is wrong with the passion-repo version. Have you tried reinstalling the skin and restarting?

The weather PDA stye is already in. Might take some time to get it from passion-repo.

- deh2k7 - 2011-12-05

Hmm, OK. Never worked with Passion repo, or the SVNs from Passion, so wasn't sure if I was missing additional steps that needed to be done after downloading. Wish I could update my build, but I'm using a DSPlayer merge, and the latest one made available by 0wing is from 11/21. I'll try deleting the skins and repo and reinstalling.