Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Raytestrak - 2011-12-07

Big_Noid Wrote:If you're default scraper setting is prefer poster you only have to enable banner.jpg, not poster.jpg. If default scraper is banner, only poster.jpg has to be enabled. I separated the two options as the one options seemed to cause too much confusion.

I'm still confused Laugh

I kinda get it, but I still have some questions. If I enable "Prefer Poster", how do I change the banners? Using "get thumb" then enables me to change the poster for a tv show, but not the banner. If don't enable prefer poster, I can change the banner with get thumb, but not the poster. I can use get artwork to download a different poster, but it doesn't change.

- BigNoid - 2011-12-07

You'd have to find the cached banner and delete it. Or wait a few days. Remember that it's not a replacement for default XBMC thumb handling, it's merely a workaround for people who prefer posters to sometimes look at a banner view and vice versa. If your main view is a bannerview you should scrape banners as your thumbs.

Big_Noid Wrote:You'd have to find the cached banner and delete it. Or wait a few days. Remember that it's not a replacement for default XBMC thumb handling, it's merely a workaround for people who prefer posters to sometimes look at a banner view and vice versa. If your main view is a bannerview you should scrape banners as your thumbs.

I only use bannerplex for series, so that would be wise. But then how do I change posters in the detailed / tv show information view? I'm sorry if I'm not making sense or don't understand you, but I can only change one of them (either the banner or the poster), depending on what I choose in my scraper settings. Never both. Huh

- BigNoid - 2011-12-07

Raytestrak Wrote:I only use bannerplex for series, so that would be wise. But then how do I change posters in the detailed / tv show information view? I'm sorry if I'm not making sense or don't understand you, but I can only change one of them (either the banner or the poster), depending on what I choose in my scraper settings. Never both. Huh

Basically, yes. It's possible to change banner.jpg and poster.jpg with artwork downloader, but due to XBMC caching, the thumbs do not get refreshed immediately, only if you manually delete the cached thumb or wait a few days.
The "get thumb" functionality refreshes the cached thumb so the change is immediate.

- Martijn - 2011-12-07

Big_Noid Wrote:Basically, yes. It's possible to change banner.jpg and poster.jpg with artwork downloader, but due to XBMC caching, the thumbs do not get refreshed immediately, only if you manually delete the cached thumb or wait a few days.
The "get thumb" functionality refreshes the cached thumb so the change is immediate.

We are working on this however this requeres some database hacking.
XBMC does a check every 24 hours if the image has changed. This is only when xbmc was already looking for the image in the mediafolder.
When you did a scrape without artwork in the media folder it caches it directly to itself and it can only be changed manually by using 'get thumb'

Damn you xmbc and your crazy cache issues!!

No, srs. Thanks guys for helping me understand xbmc a little bit better one day at a time.

another quickie: does artwork downloader replace logo downloader?

- Martijn - 2011-12-07

Raytestrak Wrote:Damn you XBMC and your crazy cache issues!!

No, srs. Thanks guys for helping me understand xbmc a little bit better one day at a time.

another quickie: does artwork downloader replace logo downloader?

If there was a way i could fix it i would. Maybe it will be better managable in Frodo.

Yes it will replace Logo-Downloader.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115946

- Eisi2005 - 2011-12-07

@Big_Noid

i still searching the mistake with no trailer button in breadcrumbs. No i saw that a few movies show me the trailer button but the most not. Have you any idea whre i could look for the mistake ? The files are all named: Movie-trailer.mov

Greets
Eisi

Martijn Wrote:If there was a way i could fix it i would. Maybe it will be better managable in Frodo.

Yes it will replace Logo-Downloader.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115946

Thanks. Means I can disable the old add-on.

Better caching options are on the top of my frodo wish list, right after HD audio support.

- BigNoid - 2011-12-07

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

i still searching the mistake with no trailer button in breadcrumbs. No i saw that a few movies show me the trailer button but the most not. Have you any idea whre i could look for the mistake ? The files are all named: Movie-trailer.mov

Greets
Eisi

If ListItem.Trailer is not empty it should show trailer. It has the same visibility code as for videoinfo, so if it shows in videoinfo it should show in the normal view. Except for panel views where you can't press left/right/up/down for trailer.

- Martijn - 2011-12-07

Big_Noid Wrote:If ListItem.Trailer is not empty it should show trailer. It has the same visibility code as for videoinfo, so if it shows in videoinfo it should show in the normal view. Except for panel views where you can't press left/right/up/down for trailer.

The trailer MUST be present when first scraping the movie. If added later on it won't be visible. You need to refresh or even delete that movie from you library and then rescan your library.

- Martijn - 2011-12-07

Big_Noid Wrote:If ListItem.Trailer is not empty it should show trailer. It has the same visibility code as for videoinfo, so if it shows in videoinfo it should show in the normal view. Except for panel views where you can't press left/right/up/down for trailer.

The trailer MUST be present when first scraping the movie. If added later on it won't be visible. You need to refresh or even delete that movie from you library and then rescan your library.

The same count for online trailers. If no trailer is available at time of scraping it won't be added later on.

There may be some 3rd party programs that can update your library. Not sure though

- Eisi2005 - 2011-12-07

@Martijn

thx for the hint. if i delte the movie from database and research the movie there will be the trailer button. THX THX.

Now i must find a third party tool that update the library.

Greets
Eisi

- Martijn - 2011-12-07

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Martijn

thx for the hint. if i delte the movie from database and research the movie there will be the trailer button. THX THX.

Now i must find a third party tool that update the library.

Greets
Eisi

Try searching in the first three or four pages of the supplemental tools of this forum. Should be mentioned a couple there. Not sure which one can do it

- DuMbGuM - 2011-12-08

Updated watched/new labels look really good, thanks!