Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2012-01-09

jmpa Wrote:I think the skin looks great Big Grin

Thanks all.

I only have one suggestion. Is it possible block all the skin settings? I configure it the way i like but now i would like to block all my settings, because i use it with all my family and they sometimes changes it unintentionally.
Yep, enable Kiosk mode.
spacematten Wrote:Hello Big Noid, disabled the "Featured" Menu and it seemed to be faster during navigate. Sometimes there is a short hanging between switching a menu but not so long as at was before.
I have still problems to display song lyrics too. I enabled the path to the cu lyrics plugin at the skin settings but in the music playing screen there is no option to load lyrics.

when I press the "M" during playback a little player pops up and when I press the button that looks like a circle with 3 lines in, nothing happend but the background changes from Band Fanart to Milkdrop view.
How can lyrics be displayed Huh?
Lyrics are only supported in XBMC in the visualization. If you press M in that window you will see a lyrics button.
snowjim Wrote:Found a bug in this theme.

1. Add new source
  2. Choose SMB

The loading screen will appear behind the Add new source dialog. If an error accure (in this case error 2 : No share available) then this dialog will also open behind the "Add new source" dialog. There is now way to know the problem? I hade to change skin to see the exception.
Are you on 2.0 or 1.7, cause I think that is an old bug.
Thiele Wrote:BN, I recently switched to Stripshow view for movies. Maybe not the fanciest view, but I think it's significantly faster on ATV2 than other views, and it's a good combination between covers and fanart. The thing is, I'm not really happy with the Info panel and I think there is some room for improvement there. The panel is too small to show the complete movie plot, and I think it doesn't make sense to have the exact same poster in the panel because it's shown just a few centimeters below the panel as well. Aslo, it would be nice to show the IMDb rating in the bar below the posters, just like you do with other views. Or that you can customize the logo's you see there, because they are not all important to me. I trust on your great eye for graphics and program skills to make this view better Smile
I'll see if i can make this happen.
shaktoo Wrote:BigN, I did a reinstall and rebuilt all the database.. now everything is working properly, startup is back to within seconds and overall back to normal.
One thing that I have had issuess with is the smart playlist. I have created custom home menus ( Kids / 3D Movies / 3D Kids Movies ) and after the reinstall couldnt get Nox to get the smartplaylists working. Had to Go back to Night and create playlists in night and after that enabling them in Nox worked. Any idea Why?
Not without a debug log, On my system I don't have this problem.
lowfi Wrote:Currently the cleaning & Updating library dialog is on the bottom of the screen. In this position it blocks subtitles. Is it possible to have this on top of the screen?
I fixed this yesterday, so will be in next release.

- Martijn - 2012-01-09

Big_Noid Wrote:Are you on 2.0 or 1.7, cause I think that is an old bug.

This was indeed an old bug because i reported it and it should be fixed already

- leepenny - 2012-01-09

Martijn Wrote:Make a backup of your userdata folder (see the wiki where to find) and just install the beta1 on top of it.

You can always do a fresh install by exporting your library and then importing when your installed Eden.

OK just got xbmc 10.1 (10th March 2011) is this the right one.Could you point me in the correct direction, please. Using ubuntu lucid.

- Smobbo - 2012-01-11

I've got some new weird behavior with Nox (passion repo SVN) and XBMC Eden beta1.

When pressing 'i' in a tv-show section it shows the Poster on the left and info on the right (as always).
However when i'm watching a show and i pres 'i' again it shows the same screen (instead of the info on the bottom screen (with time played, remaining, time when completed, etc).

Is this screen hidden on a different button all of a sudden?

Btw, like the cleaned up textures a lot! In the thread i didn't see much difference but when you use em they do look cleaner, very nice Smile!

- Martijn - 2012-01-11

Smobbo Wrote:I've got some new weird behavior with Nox (passion repo SVN) and XBMC Eden beta1.

When pressing 'i' in a tv-show section it shows the Poster on the left and info on the right (as always).
However when i'm watching a show and i pres 'i' again it shows the same screen (instead of the info on the bottom screen (with time played, remaining, time when completed, etc).

Is this screen hidden on a different button all of a sudden?

Btw, like the cleaned up textures a lot! In the thread i didn't see much difference but when you use em they do look cleaner, very nice Smile!

It should show a button in that screen 'less info'
Hit that and you'll have the other screen.

- Uridium_uk - 2012-01-11

Apologies if this is a reposted bug but it's a long thread ;-)

running Eden Beta 1 on XBMCLive and I'm unable to playback movies direct from the Recent movies widget?

Used to work fine on Dharma with Aeon Nox 1.7/

this a known issue?

- shaktoo - 2012-01-11

@ Uridium_uk : I am not sure about XBMC Live but on win7 with Nox 2.0 & Eden I have nil issues , playing without any issuess directly from the widget or via browsing files

- bigbadrabbit - 2012-01-11

I'm having issues with folder/poster art and fanart in File mode!

I've added a source in Files for my concerts without selecting a content (Movies, TV Shows, Musicvideos), the structure looks like this:

..CONCERTS/David Bowie/A Realitiy Tour (2004).mkv
..CONCERTS/David Bowie/A Realitiy Tour (2004).tbn
..CONCERTS/David Bowie/fanart.jpg
..CONCERTS/David Bowie/folder.jpg

The concerts are all in separate folders like the example above. Sometimes the fan art and poster is shown in file mode, sometimes not. When i copy the files to a new folder, this sometimes helps - the art is displayed. But that doesn't work for all.

Also if i change a fanart.jpg or folder.jpg it isn't updated at all. Restarting XBMC doesn't help.

Any ideas?

- PantsOnFire - 2012-01-11

Is the previous SEARCH background available anywhere for me to download?
I miss it, it's the one with a sort of wavelength LCD (glowing) image. Like an LCD stereo system.

No worries, I dug it out of an older build. cheers.

- BigNoid - 2012-01-12

leepenny Wrote:OK just got xbmc 10.1 (10th March 2011) is this the right one.Could you point me in the correct direction, please. Using ubuntu lucid.
You have to add the unstable ppa to get eden beta on Ubuntu.
Uridium_uk Wrote:Apologies if this is a reposted bug but it's a long thread ;-)

running Eden Beta 1 on XBMCLive and I'm unable to playback movies direct from the Recent movies widget?

Used to work fine on Dharma with Aeon Nox 1.7/

this a known issue?
Might be an issue if there are spaces in the path. This will be corrected in the next update.
bigbadrabbit Wrote:I'm having issues with folder/poster art and fanart in File mode!

I've added a source in Files for my concerts without selecting a content (Movies, TV Shows, Musicvideos), the structure looks like this:

..CONCERTS/David Bowie/A Realitiy Tour (2004).mkv
..CONCERTS/David Bowie/A Realitiy Tour (2004).tbn
..CONCERTS/David Bowie/fanart.jpg
..CONCERTS/David Bowie/folder.jpg

The concerts are all in separate folders like the example above. Sometimes the fan art and poster is shown in file mode, sometimes not. When i copy the files to a new folder, this sometimes helps - the art is displayed. But that doesn't work for all.

Also if i change a fanart.jpg or folder.jpg it isn't updated at all. Restarting XBMC doesn't help.

Any ideas?
Nothing I can do about that really (if it works for some then the skin code is correct). I suggest you try the concert db scraper and add that folder as musicvideos to your library.

- drivesoslow - 2012-01-13

In list mode Aeon tells you the total number of files and total playtime, is there a way to disable the total playtime since it doesn't make since to know how long it would take to play all my movies?

- brahma123 - 2012-01-13

I have an issue with custom backgrounds in aeon nox.

I'm using xbmc with the aeon nox 2.0 skin on an ATV2
I've stored some fanart in a seperate folder on my NAS

When i try to set a multi image background i can access my custom fanart folder through the browser window. It doesn't show any image files in that directory though (also show 0 items in bottom left corner of window under the "OK"-button). When i press OK anyway it shows the correct folder setup for multi-image view, however when i return to my home screen it shows the default image. What am I doing wrong?

* I can browse and open images in this folder regularly in pictures section.
* Latest episode/newest release option in customize background works normally.

Future option to define no of Fav items in home menu? - mikeplow1961 - 2012-01-13

Hey Big Noid - firstly, thanks you for a fantastic skin. I'd been a Back Row user till I saw the new version of Nox for Eden. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's the best skin hands down that I've ever used. Beautiful job man.

Quick question, for a friend of mine who I have set XBMC up for. I'm using dscraw4d's mod to have ten submenu items (for which thanks dscraw4d!) which is more than enough for my needs. However, my friend wants each of his addons to be a top level menu item so he can have a customised background for each one, he figures it will be more impressive when showing his xbmc to friends.

The question is - would it be possible in a future build to have the user select how many Fav menu items they have?

And, in the meantime, is there a mod I could make to his files, to increase the no of Fav menu items available to him?

With thanks for any advice offered, keep up the good work

- BigNoid - 2012-01-13

drivesoslow Wrote:In list mode Aeon tells you the total number of files and total playtime, is there a way to disable the total playtime since it doesn't make since to know how long it would take to play all my movies?
Makes sense, will be in next update.
brahma123 Wrote:I have an issue with custom backgrounds in aeon nox.

I'm using xbmc with the aeon nox 2.0 skin on an ATV2
I've stored some fanart in a seperate folder on my NAS

When i try to set a multi image background i can access my custom fanart folder through the browser window. It doesn't show any image files in that directory though (also show 0 items in bottom left corner of window under the "OK"-button). When i press OK anyway it shows the correct folder setup for multi-image view, however when i return to my home screen it shows the default image. What am I doing wrong?

* I can browse and open images in this folder regularly in pictures section.
* Latest episode/newest release option in customize background works normally.
It's normal that xbmc doesn't shows images while browsing for the folder. It only shows folders and not files.
I just tested and I can adjust the multi image folders and they appear on the home screen. I have all my images stored locally though, but skin code wise it should not matter.

- BigNoid - 2012-01-13

mikeplow1961 Wrote:Hey Big Noid - firstly, thanks you for a fantastic skin. I'd been a Back Row user till I saw the new version of Nox for Eden. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's the best skin hands down that I've ever used. Beautiful job man.

Quick question, for a friend of mine who I have set XBMC up for. I'm using dscraw4d's mod to have ten submenu items (for which thanks dscraw4d!) which is more than enough for my needs. However, my friend wants each of his addons to be a top level menu item so he can have a customised background for each one, he figures it will be more impressive when showing his xbmc to friends.

The question is - would it be possible in a future build to have the user select how many Fav menu items they have?

And, in the meantime, is there a mod I could make to his files, to increase the no of Fav menu items available to him?

With thanks for any advice offered, keep up the good work

I don't want to increase the number of items as default, cause it's always a consideration between customization and performance. Adding more favorites to main menu would also mean 5 more favorites for submenu for each extra menu item.
I would explain how it works to mod it yourself, but it's really a lot of code to add. If you have experience with skinning you can just copy the existing custom menu items and up the numbers, or ask dscraw4d for a mod Wink