Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- tocinillo - 2012-02-10

Hi! This is the new redesigned ViewsPVR.xml:

I need some help Big_Noid. How I edit top bar (where in the screenshots appears PELÍCULAS TV CHANNELS ALL TV CHANNELS)?? I want to put breadcrumbs and wheather/time panel at that location....What file should I edit? And I have the same problem with bottom section, I want to edit the Now Playing button, etc.

Thanks!!!!

- ferent - 2012-02-10

A perfect work Tocinillo.

Do we have to download the tv logos, or the pvr script do it for us?

- steshell - 2012-02-11

Adeiko Wrote:One question, maybe this is a XBMCubuntu bug in the beta 3 but i do not know for sure.

When i try to enable the comics, they ask me for the path, the menu comes up asking for the image folder, but only lets me pick from the home folder // root filesystem, I've the comics in a SMB share, is there a way to pick them from there? :S

I had the same problem and the way I did it was to edit the path in guisettings.xml to name="skin.aeon.nox.svn.HomeMenuComics_Path">smb://(insert the path to your comics here)

I don't know if it's the best way but it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Steve

- Martijn - 2012-02-11

steshell Wrote:I had the same problem and the way I did it was to edit the path in guisettings.xml to name="skin.aeon.nox.svn.HomeMenuComics_Path">smb://(insert the path to your comics here)

I don't know if it's the best way but it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Steve

You can also add a "source" using the filemanager. These sources are avaiable for skins/add-ons

- Mungo - 2012-02-11

Recent convert to XBMC and words simply cannot explain how much time and sanity I've regained making the switch - shit just works, and works WELL. Coupled with Aeon Nox - simply amazing.

1 niggly little thing (skin based at least) that continues to give me grief and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, is for the life of me - can't get extrafanart backdrops to show on my movies. Huh

File structure is right (backdrop jpg's inside an extrafanart folder inside main movie folder), extrafanart is enabled in the menu of Nox and ... nothing, just the default cinema screen curtains backdrop. Those movies that I only have 1 backdrop.jpg for, that aren't in an extrafanart folder show up fine.

Any help to point me in the right direction of maybe a setting that's somewhat hidden that I need to check or anything? I have this issue on Eden Beta 2 & 3. Have tried rescanning the movies, the entire library and due to a structure change in my filestorage back-end, have even deleted, and re-added my entire movie collection from scratch, with no luck.

Any help appreciated - any extra info needed on my setup or filestructure, just ask.

Cheers,

Mungo.

Disable "Show 1st Letter"?? - spinecho - 2012-02-11

Hi, I'm still loving this skin, but one thing still bugs me... on the showcase/DVD case view, when scrolling through my movies the first letter of the titles pops-up: e.g. A, B, C etc...

This seems to slow down scrolling and makes it jerky (at least for me it does!). In Aeon MQ3, there is an option to disable showing the first letter when scrolling, but I cannot find any such option in Aeon NOX (SVN).

Can anyone help as I'd very much like to disable this function?

- CutSickAss - 2012-02-11

spinecho Wrote:Hi, I'm still loving this skin, but one thing still bugs me... on the showcase/DVD case view, when scrolling through my movies the first letter of the titles pops-up: e.g. A, B, C etc...

This seems to slow down scrolling and makes it jerky (at least for me it does!). In Aeon MQ3, there is an option to disable showing the first letter when scrolling, but I cannot find any such option in Aeon NOX (SVN).

Can anyone help as I'd very much like to disable this function?

There is no such option in Aeon Nox, but you can disable it yourself. Go to the skin's folder, it should be something like this:
C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\720p
or
C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\720p
if you're using Aeon Nox SVN. Open the "includes.xml" file with any text editor, and find "<include name="ScrollOffsetLabel">", it should be around line 202. You have to delete this entire include, meaning the text between "<include name="ScrollOffsetLabel">" and the following "</include>". So if it starts in line 202, you have to delete lines 202-227. If you're using Aeon Nox SVN, you must edit this file every time the skin gets updated.

I've uploaded this file edited for what you want. You can download it here, and replace the existing file in the skin's folder:

For Aeon Nox 2.0.0 (Stable Version): C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\720p\includes.xml

or

For Aeon Nox SVN, latest version (1328815126): C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\720p\includes.xml

If you see any difference in performance after disabling, please post it here. Thanks.

- ferent - 2012-02-11

BN, in showcase view, the cover doesn't let me see all the info film. Here you have one example:

- spinecho - 2012-02-11

CutSickAss Wrote:There is no such option in Aeon Nox, but you can disable it yourself. Go to the skin's folder, it should be something like this:
C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\720p
or
C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\720p
if you're using Aeon Nox SVN. Open the "includes.xml" file with any text editor, and find "<include name="ScrollOffsetLabel">", it should be around line 202. You have to delete this entire include, meaning the text between "<include name="ScrollOffsetLabel">" and the following "</include>". So if it starts in line 202, you have to delete lines 202-227. If you're using Aeon Nox SVN, you must edit this file every time the skin gets updated.

I've uploaded this file edited for what you want. You can download it here, and replace the existing file in the skin's folder:

For Aeon Nox 2.0.0 (Stable Version): C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\720p\includes.xml

or

For Aeon Nox SVN, latest version (1328815126): C:\users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\720p\includes.xml

If you see any difference in performance after disabling, please post it here. Thanks.
Awesome stuff! I'll download the file & give it a go. Thanks

EDIT: Excellent! Works like a charm! Thank you so much!

Eden Beta 3/ Aeon Nox 2.0 - thewarm - 2012-02-11

I just did a fresh install of XBMC Eden b3 and Aeon Nox 2.0 on Windows 7 x86. It's nice to have some of my favorite addons working properly again! (Pandora, Shoutcast, TWiT)

Aeon Nox looks great (as always)!

I did notice a small problem with TV Shows. In "Showcase/Episode" view, I don't always get the proper "Season Thumb". If I switch to "TV Show thumb" nothing shows up!

Also (out of curiosity) is there a way to turn off the "library stats" that show up on the menu bar for TV Shows and Movies?

Thanks for the great skin!

- CutSickAss - 2012-02-11

thewarm Wrote:Also (out of curiosity) is there a way to turn off the "library stats" that show up on the menu bar for TV Shows and Movies?

Are you talking about the "Watched/Unwatched" tab in the Home screen? If you, you can disable it by going to "Settings -> Skin Customizer -> Home Window -> Home Screen Options -> Customize Home Window Furniture".

- thewarm - 2012-02-11

CutSickAss Wrote:Are you talking about the "Watched/Unwatched" tab in the Home screen? If you, you can disable it by going to "Settings -> Skin Customizer -> Home Window -> Home Screen Options -> Customize Home Window Furniture".

Very Cool! Thanks

- Raytestrak - 2012-02-11

Don't know if it's a skin issue or it's a bug in the hd-audio beta 3 I'm using, but everytime my pc resumes from standby, a percentage is added to the humidity of the weather info. If I refresh manually, it is gone.

- htpc guy - 2012-02-11

thewarm Wrote:I just did a fresh install of XBMC Eden b3 and Aeon Nox 2.0 on Windows 7 x86. It's nice to have some of my favorite addons working properly again! (Pandora, Shoutcast, TWiT)

Aeon Nox looks great (as always)!

I did notice a small problem with TV Shows. In "Showcase/Episode" view, I don't always get the proper "Season Thumb". If I switch to "TV Show thumb" nothing shows up!

Also (out of curiosity) is there a way to turn off the "library stats" that show up on the menu bar for TV Shows and Movies?

Thanks for the great skin!

If I remember correctly, this is a limitation of xbmc. I think there is a track ticket created but we won't see it finished for the final version of eden.

- Mungo - 2012-02-12

Mungo Wrote:1 niggly little thing (skin based at least) that continues to give me grief and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, is for the life of me - can't get extrafanart backdrops to show on my movies. Huh

Definitely a skin issue - or missing option somewhere, as I switch over to Aeon MQ3 and the extrafanart works with no changes to structure. Apart from enabling "enable extrafanart" I'm not sure what else there is to it and I have no idea why it's not working Confused