Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Martijn - 2012-02-12

Mungo Wrote:Definitely a skin issue - or missing option soemwhere, as I switch over to Aeon MQ3 and the extrafanart works with no changes to structure. Apart from enabling "enable extrafanart" I'm not sure what else there is to it and I have no idea why it's not working Confused

I can tell you one thing. Aeon Nox is way less buggy than MQ3.
It works so definitly not a skin issue. It just always shows the same fanart the first 10 seconds.

- Mungo - 2012-02-12

Yeah, timing isn't an issue - 10sec would be fine. Mine's just not showing anything...just the default red cinema curtains and polished floorboard backdrop. At a bit of a loss as to why it's not picking anything up. I even installed the downloader script and let it pull in its own fanart for a few test movies and still nothing.

This is the view I get for all of my movies that have their backdrops in an "extrafanart" folder, so 99.9% of them:
Every other theme that supports extrafanart works but this one Sad

and the view settings:

- Mungo - 2012-02-12

Ok, running through some tests to try and narrow down why the hell this isn't working. I refreshed a movie, and let it scrape metadata from online, instead of using the locally stored data. when I did this - the extrafanart started working

update Seems it IS using the pics in my extrafanart folder stored locally with the movie - but ONLY if I allow XBMC scrape online...does it create a link in the nfo or something? Confused...more investigating is needed I see.

update 2 Confirmed that even though all metadata is available locally - if I go into a movie, and hit "refresh" and say YES to ignore local metadata and scrape online - the fanart shows and changes every 10seconds. If I then go into the movie again, and refresh it, and select NO, don't scrape online - it reverts back to the default curtain view. Something with this specific skin relies on XBMC checking online for metadata - which I don't get.

- Shinu - 2012-02-12

what are the proper changes to make to variables.xml to have support for fanart.jpg files again Noid? there are some extra lines there with -fanart but whenever i change them, the background turns black if there's no fanart.jpg present.

PS: what's the new season fanart filename format now anyway?

- thatguy7669 - 2012-02-12

@ Mungo

What might help, is to stop any running xbmc process & delete the texture.db file from ..../userdata/Database.
it usually helps me when i encounter problems with artwork.

@ Big_Noid: I just noticed that the bigfan viewtype setting doesn't allow any extra fanart...the option is blocked (at least in my svn-repo install).
kind of ironic Rofl

- Mungo - 2012-02-12

thatguy7669 Wrote:@ Mungo

What might help, is to stop any running xbmc process & delete the texture.db file from ..../userdata/Database.
it usually helps me when i encounter problems with artwork.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't help.

It's just bizzare behaviour. There's gotta be some queer true/false checkbox type thing that's set once it's flagged a movie as being scraped online as nothing structure wise changes and I can't see anything different in the specific movies nfo file.

If I switch to other skins (that support extrafanart) - it just works.

Update: Well, it seems after allowing XBMC to scrape online, it creates an initial .tbn file in the following location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart

...it appears Nox NEEDS this file in order to process extrafanart, as if I manually delete it - no fanart again. Put it back and fanart starts scrolling every 10sec. The .tbn fanart in the above location is always the 1st fanart to show, but it does continue to show the ones in the extrafanart folder. The plot thickens :-s

i've got 2 problems - deww1434 - 2012-02-12

first i downloaded eden beta, but i still only see 1.7 and when i go to tv guide and download logos it fails to download all of them if i go to the show and try to download just a single logo fails as well. running on ubuntu 11.10, not sure if it's aeon or if it is something I need to do in xbmc.

- Martijn - 2012-02-12

deww1434 Wrote:first i downloaded eden beta, but i still only see 1.7 and when i go to tv guide and download logos it fails to download all of them if i go to the show and try to download just a single logo fails as well. running on ubuntu 11.10, not sure if it's aeon or if it is something I need to do in xbmc.

delete addons15.db and restart XBMC. Will probably solve it and make you sure you actually have Eden beta

- Mungo - 2012-02-12

Mungo Wrote:...it appears Nox NEEDS this file in order to process extrafanart, as if I manually delete it - no fanart again. Put it back and fanart starts scrolling every 10sec. The .tbn fanart in the above location is always the 1st fanart to show, but it does continue to show the ones in the extrafanart folder. The plot thickens :-s

OR...

it also works if there's at least 1 backdrop/fanart picture in the main movie folder - THEN it'll show up and use the others in the extrafanart folder.

Is there anyway for NOX to skip looking for these and look directly in the extrafanart folder?

- BigNoid - 2012-02-12

ferent Wrote:BN, in showcase view, the cover doesn't let me see all the info film. Here you have one example:
Yep i know. No way to fix that one. With bluray cases it's even worse.
Raytestrak Wrote:Don't know if it's a skin issue or it's a bug in the hd-audio beta 3 I'm using, but everytime my pc resumes from standby, a percentage is added to the humidity of the weather info. If I refresh manually, it is gone.
Don't think that is a skin problem.
Deano316 Wrote:Mentioned it a while ago but I was hoping various updates would have put this right. When I view a trailer regardless of the settings, it will play full screen (want the windowed trailer back). Have pasted a log below cannot see any glaring problems but then I don't know what I'm looking for Confused Running Eden Beta 3 on Vista.

http://pastebin.com/LRNU3h00

Hope you can help. It's a minor problem but it's been bugging me for a while. Incidentally, your integration of clearlogos for movies is awesome. Can't wait to see the new ways they will be utilised Nod
With the same setting it plays in windowed for me. Are you using lowlist by any change, cause I changed the lowlist windowed preview window to fullscreen in the back. It's consistent with the other movie preview windows as they all are on top of the fanart.
tocinillo Wrote:Hi! This is the new redesigned ViewsPVR.xml:

I need some help Big_Noid. How I edit top bar (where in the screenshots appears PELÍCULAS TV CHANNELS ALL TV CHANNELS)?? I want to put breadcrumbs and wheather/time panel at that location....What file should I edit? And I have the same problem with bottom section, I want to edit the Now Playing button, etc.

Thanks!!!!
Mind sharing your xmls. I will change the breadcrumbs, media menu and floor + panel to that of Nox, instead of Confluence.
Shinu Wrote:what are the proper changes to make to variables.xml to have support for fanart.jpg files again Noid? there are some extra lines there with -fanart but whenever i change them, the background turns black if there's no fanart.jpg present.

PS: what's the new season fanart filename format now anyway?
Naming scheme is in changelog.
Change those lines with
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,/fanart.jpg]
for seasons and
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,fanart.jpg]
for episodes
thatguy7669 Wrote:@ Big_Noid: I just noticed that the bigfan viewtype setting doesn't allow any extra fanart...the option is blocked (at least in my svn-repo install).
kind of ironic Rofl
Yep, that is intentional, cause the fanart is the actual list.

@Mungo: Because the first extrafanart shown is always the fanart no extrafanart will be shown if you don't have that. (why you want extrafanart and not regular fanart is beyond my comprehension :p )
Anyway, that behaviour is changed in next update and it will always show random fanart whenever the extrafanart option is enabled.
You can get the latest version on git or wait till eden rc's/final is coming, cause that's when Nox will be updated in the repo.

If I forgot anyone's question just ask again :p

- Mungo - 2012-02-12

Big_Noid Wrote:@Mungo: Because the first extrafanart shown is always the fanart no extrafanart will be shown if you don't have that. (why you want extrafanart and not regular fanart is beyond my comprehension :p )
Anyway, that behaviour is changed in next update and it will always show random fanart whenever the extrafanart option is enabled.
You can get the latest version on git or wait till eden rc's/final is coming, cause that's when Nox will be updated in the repo.

ah, sweet - thanks for the rundown Noid, much appreciated. Just to clear up why I have all my fanart in an "extrafanart" folder...

I'm a recent convert to XBMC (from Media Browser) and not regretting the move what-so-ever!. Previously, I had all my fanart directly in the movie folder. When I was showing off XBMC to the boys at work (and in turn, converting them all as well :-P) one asked if there were scrolling backdrops and when I looked into it - I found "extrafanart"...the theme I happened to be running at the time (Aeon MQ3) supported this and just worked after shifting all my backdrops into the folder. So without further ado - I went about shifting every backdrop for every movie into it's own "extrafanart" folder....and thus I'm now in the conundrum here.

So I guess it just comes down to me still being a n00b in learning Nerd

Big_Noid Wrote:that behaviour is changed in next update and it will always show random fanart whenever the extrafanart option is enabled. You can get the latest version on git

Just grabbed the latest build off git and it works like a charm Big Grin

- tocinillo - 2012-02-12

BN, finally I discovered how add breadcrumbs and/or weather to TV:

Without breadcrumbs (with weather):

With breadcrumbs (without wheather):

The only BIG problem is that when I go to EPG in TV main menu XBMC crashes!!! If in MyPVR.xml I delete <include>Breadcrumbs_Furniture</include> XBMC no more crash.....whyHuh Full log:

http://pastebin.com/0H4RuXpM

I don't understand...

EDIT: The problem is on EPGTimelineView (control num 10.) because this section is empty, and when breadcrums try to load dates XBMC crashes...

EDIT2: FIXED! Using <visible>Control.IsVisible(X)</visible> and copy and paste each command for each section Smile

I'm finishing work, in a few days will be available!!!

- Deano316 - 2012-02-12

Big_Noid Wrote:With the same setting it plays in windowed for me. Are you using lowlist by any change, cause I changed the lowlist windowed preview window to fullscreen in the back. It's consistent with the other movie preview windows as they all are on top of the fanart.

Well spotted Wink, I am using lowlist view. I always liked the windowed trailer, just personal preference though. I appreciate your reasons for switching it fullscreen, is it possible to make it optional for that view?

- lowfi - 2012-02-12

Would it be possible to add an option to disable media flags in the showcase view?

Thanks! Laugh

running svn from passion

- Shinu - 2012-02-12

Big_Noid Wrote:Change those lines with
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,/fanart.jpg]
for seasons and
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,fanart.jpg]
for episodes

doesn't work. Sad i don't mean to be a pain, but i use Ember which doesn't have an option to place the season fanart in the series root. so with this new change, i'll not only have to rename the fanart for every season of my 575 series, but i'll also have to move them manually to the root of each show. needless to say, it's not something i'm very excited to do. No is there a way to have the skin support both formats?