Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - john.cord - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 20:07)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 20:05)Venares Wrote: It wasnt bad before the change but now you can only see the top and bottom of the highlight it does make it very difficault too see.

fixed since some hours

Big THX!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Eisi2005 - 2012-03-27

Hi,

there some things in the 3.0 skin that i´m loving, but there 3 things which i´m not loving.

1. the System widget, i must not need to see what i know. A option to view my system ok but not permanet

2. the breadcrumb, i dont need a analog clock beside digital clock and i must not know how many movies on how many sides i have. How many movies i have i see in the statistic on home menu

3. The Trailer button. I want to see on first view if there is a trailer, in old skin in the middle of the top i found good.

Dont missunderstand me, i love you skin you know that and this are only my personal wishes Smile

Great work for all

Greets
Eisi

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 20:38)Eisi2005 Wrote: Hi,

there some things in the 3.0 skin that i´m loving, but there 3 things which i´m not loving.

1. the System widget, i must not need to see what i know. A option to view my system ok but not permanet

2. the breadcrumb, i dont need a analog clock beside digital clock and i must not know how many movies on how many sides i have. How many movies i have i see in the statistic on home menu

3. The Trailer button. I want to see on first view if there is a trailer, in old skin in the middle of the top i found good.

Dont missunderstand me, i love you skin you know that and this are only my personal wishes Smile

Great work for all

Greets
Eisi

1: The widget structure will be revised.
2: There will be a theme without breadcrumbs (it's already there you just have to build yourself with texturepacker)
3: The trailer icon is imo better then text. The trailer label in the middle top will not return.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - CutSickAss - 2012-03-27

The breadcrumbs complaints are piling up... pretty soon they'll be a full loaf!

Kidding aside, even though personally I always keep them on, I too believe there should be a disable option for breadcrumbs, with all due respect. It's just too restraining not to be able to disable them, especially in viewtypes such as BigFan, where you want to view as much of the background fanart as possible.

Just my opinion, not criticism.

EDIT: I wrote this post at almost the same time with Big_Noid (previous comment). The theme without breadcrumbs he mentions sounds efficient.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Martijn - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 21:19)CutSickAss Wrote: The breadcrumbs complaints are piling up... pretty soon they'll be a full loaf!

and those 10 complaints compared to the let's say 50 or 60 thousand users from who you never hear on the forum Wink

Let's just first and wait and see how it works out when he is done.
I would find it pretty annoying if some one would criticize work that hasn't even been done yet (no offence to any one of course).
When I program something I keep it quit until nearly finished.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - phil65 - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 21:23)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 21:19)CutSickAss Wrote: The breadcrumbs complaints are piling up... pretty soon they'll be a full loaf!

and those 10 complaints compared to the let's say 50 or 60 thousand users from who you never hear on the forum Wink

Let's just first and wait and see how it works out when he is done.
I would find it pretty annoying if some one would criticize work that hasn't even been done yet (no offence to any one of course).
When I program something I keep it quit until nearly finished.

not that easy to keep something quiet when using github Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - ReducedToZero - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 21:17)Big_Noid Wrote: 2: There will be a theme without breadcrumbs (it's already there you just have to build yourself with texturepacker)

With all the design work that you've put in to making the breadcrumb free options in version 2 so usable, visually uncluttered, Aeon-like and informative (quite a juggling act!), it's great news that there will be a breadcrumb free option in version 3 as well.

Really looking forward to seeing what appears as V3 progresses.

Thanks once again for all your effort and time on 'Nox, I've said it before but it always bears repeating Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-27

This is the theme without breadcrumbs. The timepanel is not optional:

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Maxoo - 2012-03-27

Thanks for listening to users and making a breadcrumbs free theme. I for one agree with breadcrumbs not being esthetic.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - john.cord - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 17:09)Big_Noid Wrote: 3.0.0 is still very much wip. That submenu hints for example is just a rough implementation of the final work.

+1 for that. Its a good idea (higher WAF) but looks atm not very "polished"...

Anyway. Great work. Now with the blue boarder in the Infowall 3.0.0 is very very shiny Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - fional - 2012-03-27

This is going to seem daft, but I can't seem to find it.

The background keeps "moving" and my system doesn't much like that, but I can't seem to find where you could disable that?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - phil65 - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 23:37)fional Wrote: This is going to seem daft, but I can't seem to find it.

The background keeps "moving" and my system doesn't much like that, but I can't seem to find where you could disable that?

media menu

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - Vultures - 2012-03-27

Guys, I have some ranty questions about the new version...
What happened with good old viewtypes? Was it really necessary to exclude Thumbnails (the only viable viewtype for online sources), and carousel? Aren't new versions supposed to be better/bigger/more functional? And why rollback doesn't work?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - fional - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 23:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 23:37)fional Wrote: This is going to seem daft, but I can't seem to find it.

media menu

cheers - for some reason, using git...I can't rollback the changes to before I did this today....I'm absolutely confused why I can't, but I can't!

EDIT: actually, I can't get the media menu up for the home menu. The backgrounds that are suddenly animated are the main backgrounds for tv shows, movies, system, etc

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox - BigNoid - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-27, 23:42)Vultures Wrote: Guys, I have some ranty questions about the new version...
What happened with good old viewtypes? Was it really necessary to exclude Thumbnails (the only viable viewtype for online sources), and carousel? Aren't new versions supposed to be better/bigger/more functional? And why rollback doesn't work?

It is more functional and it is better. It's just not bigger. It's also a work in progress.
Please save the ranting for when 3.0.0 is released Big Grin

Rollback does not work because of the hidden read only git folde that gets added when installing from git.
@fional: animated bg for home is in home window options.