Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Revenge - 2011-03-09

Hey, just to say that i think this topic should be Sticked like MQ2 and Aeon65.

- Death-Axe - 2011-03-09

Hi dude, would it be possible to have more than three favourites for the home menu?

- tocinillo - 2011-03-09

Revenge Wrote:Hey, just to say that i think this topic should be Sticked like MQ2 and Aeon65.

+1

- BigNoid - 2011-03-09

Shinu Wrote:the master lock popup works now, but the words "Lock Preferences" are still outside the window. weather+ does indeed seem like a lot of work. would be cool it it implemented it for a V1.0 release or something. to have something major for the milestone. but of course, there's no rush. Smile
Fixed that, didn't notice it the first time around.
Habitual Wrote:Many thanks Big_Noid for this incredible rework!

I was hoping in a future release you could possibly rework the visualization layout for music.

Ideally i think the most appealing design matches the layout of visualizations when used within the homescreen, for e.g the homescreen with visualization in the background looks like this:

but for visualizations in full screen we get this:

So what I'm asking is can we remove the top codec info bar and bottom track info bar in the full screen visualization and match the same appearance as the home screen visualization; minus the menu bar.

Ideally just the album artwork, animated disc and all track/album/artist info adjacent, possibly with current playlist as it is in the first home screen picture. I think this would look much cleaner than the info bar at the bottom and the codec bar at the top, these could be toggled if so needed.

I appreciate your time is limited, but hopefully you will agree it would be an improvement. Many thanks for a great skin!
I like the original visualization much better than the one that is in Aeon65. But I included the one from Aeon65 (although I tweaked a bit), to enable/disable there is a new option in general skin settings : Enable Original Aeon Music Visualization.
dascmo Wrote:@ Big_Noid

I like the changes to the home nowplaying and recently added. Smile
Well, you were right about the gradient lines, I think it looks much better Smile
kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, thanks for the cases in tv shows. In TV Shows in LowList view i find the logo with the little tvs on the top of the case itself quite difficult to see and make out, compared with the standard bluray and DVD cases. It seems a little busy.

Also as a small refinement to LowList view - I've always found the poster is a bit too close to the left edge of the screen. What do you think of moving it right just slightly so that it has a bit more breathing room. I think it would make for a stronger design layout. You certainly have room if you narrow ever so slightly the Title column next to it - most titles don't come near filling that column. What's your thoughts?
I like the spacings how it is without cases enabled. I will probably make it the same with cases enabled.
Death-Axe Wrote:Hi dude, would it be possible to have more than three favourites for the home menu?
Sure, this is possible and is not hard to implement. But where to stop, I don't want to have options for 35 menu items Wink. Right now you can have 3 smart playlists and 3 favorites, this seems to me like a decent amount of customization? How many do you need?

- Shinu - 2011-03-09

BUG: when switching to addon showcase view and turning on "No Coverflow", the addons disappear.

also, what linux distro do u use Noid?

- BigNoid - 2011-03-09

Shinu Wrote:BUG: when switching to addon showcase view and turning on "No Coverflow", the addons disappear.

also, what linux distro do u use Noid?
I always forget to test with no flow enabled...
I use XBMC Live Dharma, everything just works out of the box, except for my imon lcd and harmony one, but there are many great guides on how to get that to work.

- Revenge - 2011-03-09

tocinillo Wrote:I'm finishing the translation into Spanish of the skin.

Probably be completed tomorrow and I'll upload to Megaupload (Premium) and send it to Big_Noid.

Regards!

How can we translate it?
I can do it for Portuguese Language.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-09

@big_noid

5 favorites and 5 playlists to the moviesubmenu were great Smile

Could you add an button to the dvd and showcase detail calles cinema. so that there is in detail view a play button to start the movie without CE script and with the button cinema with the CE script ?

I personaly don´t like the method over the movie submenu. And when i enter my movie library and look ad the actors or the plot i must go back to showcase view to start the movie without CE script and not directly over the detail info page.

Greets
Eisi

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-03-09

Big_Noid, really sweet improvements. Big Grin
Nice to see how this skin evolves into a really cool user-experience.

Regarding Aeon Nox
(please note that I am using 0.9.5, so some of these things might be already fixed in your SVN):

When choosing darker-fanart in Movies, it also applies for the List-Views in TVshows.
They seem to be dependent.

The ability to specify a global fallback-image (for Videos, Movies, TVshows)
when no Fanart is being displayed, would be really nice.

e.g. (original size)

The random/recently-added script is well implemented, especially the poster-design,
but they're making the home-menu a little bit slower in the first 2-3 seconds.
This might be by design. Just want to share this observation
(Might be already fixed, couldn't check Revision 421).

A bug ?: When entering the 'Random Movie Widget'.
Up and Down is working properly,
also pressing left brings us back to the home-menu, but the right-button seems to be locked.
This might be also by design (meaning, intended to be like that)

I don't know what's the correct name for this effect (maybe gradient, not like pan & scan),
but there is an effect available in some aeon forks (e.g. Aeon65),
which let the home-screen-backdrop make some wave-like transitions.
This looks amazing with the original aeon backdrops.
I would forget this idea immediately, if it would slow down the overall home-screen performance :-)

btw, ref. to those aeon backdrops

Pressing 'right' in the Tvshows-banner-wall, brings me to the scroll-bar, one more press to right and it shows me a fullscreen-fanart.
Seems to be a bug, which is appearing in some special conditions.
I am scrolling in this view Up and Down.

Everything else is just rocking. Smile

Cheers

- tocinillo - 2011-03-09

Revenge Wrote:How can we translate it?
I can do it for Portuguese Language.

Just translate english strings.xml (in language folder).

Regards

- Death-Axe - 2011-03-09

Big_Noid Wrote:Fixed that, didn't notice it the first time around.

I like the original visualization much better than the one that is in Aeon65. But I included the one from Aeon65 (although I tweaked a bit), to enable/disable there is a new option in general skin settings : Enable Original Aeon Music Visualization.

Well, you were right about the gradient lines, I think it looks much better Smile

I like the spacings how it is without cases enabled. I will probably make it the same with cases enabled.

Sure, this is possible and is not hard to implement. But where to stop, I don't want to have options for 35 menu items Wink. Right now you can have 3 smart playlists and 3 favorites, this seems to me like a decent amount of customization? How many do you need?

would be nice to have lets say... 6. Would that be ok? :-)

- skunkfu - 2011-03-09

Hey Noid bud,

Fantastic piece of skin you have there (Aeon Nox I mean :rolleyes2Smile works flawless for me.

It doesn't bother me since I use UK (24h) but if UK (12h) is selected for the region, when watching a video and the OSD pops up, the 'end time' on the top right of the screen overlaps the end of the little background.

Hope you can look at that for the others out there Smile

- dascmo - 2011-03-10

@Big_Noid

BUG: Breadcrumbs activation should disable global timepanel otherwise they overlap each other.

- BigNoid - 2011-03-10

Eisi2005 Wrote:@big_noid

5 favorites and 5 playlists to the moviesubmenu were great Smile

Could you add an button to the dvd and showcase detail calles cinema. so that there is in detail view a play button to start the movie without CE script and with the button cinema with the CE script ?

I personaly don´t like the method over the movie submenu. And when i enter my movie library and look ad the actors or the plot i must go back to showcase view to start the movie without CE script and not directly over the detail info page.

Greets
Eisi
There is no room for another button. I will take a look to see what I can come up with.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Big_Noid, really sweet improvements. Big Grin
Nice to see how this skin evolves into a really cool user-experience.

Regarding Aeon Nox
(please note that I am using 0.9.5, so some of these things might be already fixed in your SVN):

When choosing darker-fanart in Movies, it also applies for the List-Views in TVshows.
They seem to be dependent.

The ability to specify a global fallback-image (for Videos, Movies, TVshows)
when no Fanart is being displayed, would be really nice.

The random/recently-added script is well implemented, especially the poster-design,
but they're making the home-menu a little bit slower in the first 2-3 seconds.
This might be by design. Just want to share this observation
(Might be already fixed, couldn't check Revision 421).

A bug ?: When entering the 'Random Movie Widget'.
Up and Down is working properly,
also pressing left brings us back to the home-menu, but the right-button seems to be locked.
This might be also by design (meaning, intended to be like that)

I don't know what's the correct name for this effect (maybe gradient, not like pan & scan),
but there is an effect available in some aeon forks (e.g. Aeon65),
which let the home-screen-backdrop make some wave-like transitions.
This looks amazing with the original aeon backdrops.
I would forget this idea immediately, if it would slow down the overall home-screen performance :-)

btw, ref. to those aeon backdrops[/url]

Pressing 'right' in the Tvshows-banner-wall, brings me to the scroll-bar, one more press to right and it shows me a fullscreen-fanart.
Seems to be a bug, which is appearing in some special conditions.
I am scrolling in this view Up and Down.

Everything else is just rocking. Smile

Cheers
1: Yeah, lazy programming, didn't want to make an extra option.
2: I think Aeon Auriga has the curtains backdrop enabled as fallback, I will take a look how that is implemented there.
3: that bugs me too, but it's because the widget is dependent of the randomitem script. It takes 2-3 seconds to run the script and load the data in the widget. I am still figuring out what to do with this.
4: The right action is not configured properly. Will fix that.
5: I added animateed backgrounds option a few days back, is that what you mean; the Ken Burns effect?
6: This is a feature, it is also present in showcase and landscape views, there pressing down twice will show you fullscreen fanart.
Death-Axe Wrote:would be nice to have lets say... 6. Would that be ok? :-)
I can do that.
skunkfu Wrote:Hey Noid bud,

Fantastic piece of skin you have there (Aeon Nox I mean :rolleyes2Smile works flawless for me.
lol!
skunkfu Wrote:It doesn't bother me since I use UK (24h) but if UK (12h) is selected for the region, when watching a video and the OSD pops up, the 'end time' on the top right of the screen overlaps the end of the little background.

Hope you can look at that for the others out there Smile
I will fix that.
dascmo Wrote:@Big_Noid

BUG: Breadcrumbs activation should disable global timepanel otherwise they overlap each other.
It should already reset the timepanel by enabling breadcrumbs, but i will make it so that the two options are never simulteanous active.

- boulala - 2011-03-10

Quote:It should already reset the timepanel by enabling breadcrumbs, but i will make it so that the two options are never simulteanous active.

Stupid question but where is this setting? i can't seem to find an option to activate breadcrumbs, or would i have to set it in the advancedsettings.xml?

greetings