Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-16

Victim Wrote:Disabling "Show Recently added Videos" rectifies the problem of the stutter, so the issue definitely lays with the script. And the problem isn't only at startup. Actually, I've never even noticed a freeze or stutter at startup. I really only notice it when entering a home menu item, and exiting back out. It freezes for just a sec right when the main menubar "fade-in" animation is running. I'm running the very latest SVN too, BTW. Really, am I the only this is happening to? Laugh

Hi,

i have the same problems with the script.

Greets
Eisi

- PatOso - 2011-03-16

- DazNoonan - 2011-03-16

muzzakus Wrote:There a couple of layout considerations I'd like to put out there :

Above is a view available in the reFocus skin. The value in this layout comes 2 fold.
I must say that layout does look very nice.

- coolio99 - 2011-03-16

hey great skin.. but i have 2 things that i need heelp for..

1 when i see a movie..a avi file and i want too download subtitles with xbmc subtitles addon i can not find it when i go to audio and subtitles settings in the movie. some help?

2. in home menu we have latest movies and also 6 or 7 movie poster in random movies..can random movies autom change becuse now is the same all time

- kjuu - 2011-03-16

Big thanks for the Weather.com+ support! Nice work! Its really cool to see the progress and the quick development on this skin.

Big_Noid Wrote:No easy way. In next release or the one after that I will have options for 6 favorites.

Just have a question how people use the favorites?
Since I don't use them... Smile

I have a couple of smart playlists that I have mapped to the home menu and that works really well. Like imdb top 250, MMA and so on...

But don't really see the need for a favorite yet... maybe one that points to a smart playlist with unseen movies in random order = random movie play?

Thanks anyway! Tongue

- DFENS 360 - 2011-03-16

@kjuu..

I just map my most regularly used programs/addons to the favourites menu. For example, in my list i have BBC iPlayer, IceFilms, YouTube and Navi-X.

- coolio99 - 2011-03-16

someone??

hey great skin.. but i have 2 things that i need heelp for..

1 when i see a movie..a avi file and i want too download subtitles with xbmc subtitles addon i can not find it when i go to audio and subtitles settings in the movie. some help?

2. in home menu we have latest movies and also 6 or 7 movie poster in random movies..can random movies autom change becuse now is the same all time

can not use this skin if i not solved the subtitles thing...and that will b pitty

- HansP - 2011-03-16

you need to press OK to acces the stuff in the moviesettingsbar !

really love this skin ! much faster than MQ2 !

- BigNoid - 2011-03-16

Victim Wrote:Disabling "Show Recently added Videos" rectifies the problem of the stutter, so the issue definitely lays with the script. And the problem isn't only at startup. Actually, I've never even noticed a freeze or stutter at startup. I really only notice it when entering a home menu item, and exiting back out. It freezes for just a sec right when the main menubar "fade-in" animation is running. I'm running the very latest SVN too, BTW. Really, am I the only this is happening to? Laugh

EDIT: I've been experiencing another weird bug. When watching a video, and I were to toggle off full-screen (Tab button) and browse my library (movies, tv shows, anything) while the video is playing, textures begin vanishing all over the place after a minute or so of browsing. The background turns black and posters in the library views go blank. But when this happens, the freeze that I was referring to stops. It's the weirdest thing. Not sure what it means, but are you aware of this issue? Here's a couple screenshots of what happens.
I'll look into that new bug. I'll also try to see if I can come up with a solution for the lag.
[quote=Rionsic]Does anyone know why there is lag on the main menu when i let it open for a couple of hours? And when i move right for example after the time it works all smooth again...

And does anyone know where to download landscape pictures for tv shows?
If you run the script in the media menu it will automatic download landscape.jpg. Also you can download a landscape.jpg in the videoinfo of the tvshow, although atm it still downloads folder.jpg, but that is fixed in svn and in the next release.

muzzakus Wrote:Thanks for the amazing work Big_Noid. Your support and consideration of people requests is without par.

Everytime I evaluate progress of other skins it always reminds me why Nox is my defacto standard.

There a couple of layout considerations I'd like to put out there :

Above is a view available in the reFocus skin. The value in this layout comes 2 fold.

a) Viewing TV episodes with screenshot and metadata per row draws the eye to the graphic and supports the interest with included information without need to browse to the file.

b) The view also fits online video such as youtube, revision3, etc. Where just like TV episodes coverart is not available - and metadata is king to supporting an a potentially indiscript thumbnail.
I like that layout (ReFocus has very nice designs in all views I think) and I could use a extra layout for episodes and video addons. I will see what I can do with this.
muzzakus Wrote:The abvoe is also from reFocus skin. Once again, a fiting view for the nature of thumbnails which on their own can often be obtuse. But with support of metadata, usability is greatly increased.
This is also great for addons, I agree. I'll add a viewtype for addons with some more info on the addons.
muzzakus Wrote:Coinciding with Add On's. Is it at all possible for the homepage to have a horizontal row of addon slots allowing a set number of "favourite" add ons be dropped in by the user?

Similar in concept to Boxee's quick menu. Boxee infact allows to drop in any media type to this bar, not just add-ons, can be movies, tv episodes or season, albums, etc....and if that would be feasible, the more flexible it becomes for users.

Thanks for the consideration.
Might be a good idea, I'll look into it, thx for sharing your ideas, it might result in some good additions to the skin Smile

- BigNoid - 2011-03-16

PatOso Wrote:There was an error in the previous strigs.
This is correct:

http://rapidshare.com/files/452866456/Aeon_Nox__Spanish.strings.rar

Big Noid say:

But because MQ2 Aeon looks perfect accents and not Aeon Nox?

Aeon MQ2 is slow for my HTPC.

THX Big Noid for your attention.
MQ2 probably has an all caps font, I know original Aeon and Aeon65 have all caps fonts. I can solve the problem easy for home menu btw, I can just add strings written in capitals, but that won't solve dynamic labels. Only good solutions is to have an all caps font.
Maybe I can make a second fontset with other fonts I can get a all caps version of.
coolio99 Wrote:hey great skin.. but i have 2 things that i need heelp for..

1: You need to enable the addon in system->skin->addon shortcuts and set the xbmc subtitle addon in the option Enable subtitle download in Video OSD. (this is the same as in confluence).
2:The random items script is set to run once on startup. If you have a random items widget enabled you can press right in the list view to refresh the random items. I will make an option for that also in the poster widget.

- NiklasK - 2011-03-16

Big_Noid: I´d love to see an episode view similar to the refocus one mentioned here, perhaps you could do something with inspiration from this in Alaska. The Alaska Episode view is probably my favorite view when it comes to episodes Smile

/Niklas

- BigNoid - 2011-03-16

NiklasK Wrote:Big_Noid: I´d love to see an episode view similar to the refocus one mentioned here, perhaps you could do something with inspiration from this in Alaska. The Alaska Episode view is probably my favorite view when it comes to episodes Smile

/Niklas
Yeah i like that view also, when I had Aeon65 as my main skin I modded a sort of episode viewtype for it, but I never got around doing something similar for Nox:

- coolio99 - 2011-03-16

thx big noid..now is perfect with subtitles..

if we can have random movies that changes like random fanart in mq2 than it will b perfect

- kealan - 2011-03-17

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah i like that view also, when I had Aeon65 as my main skin I modded a sort of episode viewtype for it, but I never got around doing something similar for Nox:

Very nice episode view. Please do implement this (it would be nice to turn off those star ratings though, I find them a bit distracting. Or maybe just show up on the currently highlighted episode.) Great addition to a great skin. Well done.

- Victim - 2011-03-17

I for one like the episode view as it is. I think the star ratings are a nice touch. They'll most likely be white if it were to be ported to Nox. The only tiny gripe is that they're too many flags at the bottom of the screen. I hope you find a fix for the bug I've been experiencing Noid. I miss browsing my library while watch a movie.