Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-03-17

kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, everything looks to be coming on great. Could you add the option to turn off wrap around in the Poster view as well? Thanks again
I was just working on that. it won't be an actual fixed list though, but a list from where you can only scroll from beginning to end and vice versa. A real fixed list is not possible in this view.
Victim Wrote:Really? That's not the debug log? Isn't the xbmc.log file in the XBMC folder the log? Anyway I've come to realize that the issue happens on all skins. Even Confluence. So, it really mightn't be a skin issue. Can the main menu freeze be fixed at least?
It's the right file, but not with debug enabled. Debug is when you enable debug logging in system-->system-->debug. You might want to make a real debug log an post your issue in the general help section for your platform.
I don't know for sure, but I'm afraid the only fix for this is to make an option to disable the script to run every time the home window is loaded. But as mentioned before, in my opinion this solution cripples the functionality of the script, especially since the script shows only unwatched recent added items. I think the bug is more apparent on large collections.

- dascmo - 2011-03-18

Big_Noid Wrote:I was just working on that. it won't be an actual fixed list though, but a list from where you can only scroll from beginning to end and vice versa. A real fixed list is not possible in this view.

It's the right file, but not with debug enabled. Debug is when you enable debug logging in system-->system-->debug. You might want to make a real debug log an post your issue in the general help section for your platform.
I don't know for sure, but I'm afraid the only fix for this is to make an option to disable the script to run every time the home window is loaded. But as mentioned before, in my opinion this solution cripples the functionality of the script, especially since the script shows only unwatched recent added items. I think the bug is more apparent on large collections.

I agree that the slow down only appears in large collections. On my test box it does not appear to slow down at all (~6 Shows and 50 episodes). On my main box I do notice the slowdown (~60 Shows and 1200 Episodes). I feel the issue is with the script and not the skin since it has to query the database. Out of curiosity how often is the recently added script run. If it could be configured to run at certain intervals...say every 2-6 hours (as an option if possible) this might eliminate the lag or at the very least make it unnoticeable unless you happen to be entering or using the home menu when it's runs. Just a thought Wink

Thanks for all the updates recently. I always have to mod mine to make is readable on an SDTV and you make it impossible to keep up. I think you need a vacation from coding so you can actually enjoy XBMC. Big Grin

- samJ - 2011-03-18

@Big_Noid,

Well I got all my files rename to include "BluRay" (thanks for the suggestion) in the file names and repopulate them into the database, which was not an easy task since some titles had problems. Anyways, I've finally got everything squared of and now noticed that the home menu is defaulting to "systems" whenever I start XBMC. Is there a way to set focus to a perfered menu option at startup? I tried to disable/enable items but can not get it to stay on "Movies".

Since I had to repopulate my database with the new filenames and delete the old, I've noticed that a few movies had problems displaying the correct "Rating". For example, "Pearl Harbor" has a rating of PG-13 but also overlaps a rating of R with it as well. When checking out the database, I noticed that it states: Rated PG-13 etc, etc....;edit, Director's Cut is rated R for etc.. etc. I'm assuming this is where the skin is getting it's rating info from. Could the skin just take the first rating and not combine both? Showgirls is showing NC-17 and also R (overlapped) for its rating too.

Oh, one more thing. Does Nox support HDTV covers? My HDTV videos are being shown with BLURAY covers.

Edit: Question 1 solved itself somehow. After rebooting Huh, it now defaults to "Movies" again. Odd.

Thanks.

- Victim - 2011-03-18

Big_Noid Wrote:It's the right file, but not with debug enabled. Debug is when you enable debug logging in system-->system-->debug. You might want to make a real debug log an post your issue in the general help section for your platform.

OK. I'll post the issue under general help and see if anyone could assist me. No problem if the other issue can't be fixed. It wasn't that big of a deal to begin with. I know people have asked this in the past, but do you have any intention of implementing PVR support? I haven't come across any Aeon skin that supports it. Tuners are relatively cheap now (under $50 for a USB version). If not now, at least maybe sometime in the future?

- BigNoid - 2011-03-18

dascmo Wrote:I agree that the slow down only appears in large collections. On my test box it does not appear to slow down at all (~6 Shows and 50 episodes). On my main box I do notice the slowdown (~60 Shows and 1200 Episodes). I feel the issue is with the script and not the skin since it has to query the database. Out of curiosity how often is the recently added script run. If it could be configured to run at certain intervals...say every 2-6 hours (as an option if possible) this might eliminate the lag or at the very least make it unnoticeable unless you happen to be entering or using the home menu when it's runs. Just a thought Wink

Thanks for all the updates recently. I always have to mod mine to make is readable on an SDTV and you make it impossible to keep up. I think you need a vacation from coding so you can actually enjoy XBMC. Big Grin
The script is run every time the home window opens. It is done this way in almost every skin that has the recent added script. Because the script only shows unwatched recent added items, I think running it only now and then cripples it's functionality. I for one use it to play the newest episodes directly from the home window and when the episode is done and I return to the home window, the episode isn't in the list anymore. This is how it should be, imo.
Yeah, lately I also applied some structural changes to make it easier to keep track where everything is located, so in the end it will be easier to make mods. Don't worry, I still watch all my shows and movies and it is because I enjoy XBMC so much (that and all positive comments in this topic) that I spent all this time working towards a 1.0 release Big Grin

- BigNoid - 2011-03-18

samJ Wrote:@Big_Noid,

Well I got all my files rename to include "BluRay" (thanks for the suggestion) in the file names and repopulate them into the database, which was not an easy task since some titles had problems. Anyways, I've finally got everything squared of and now noticed that the home menu is defaulting to "systems" whenever I start XBMC. Is there a way to set focus to a perfered menu option at startup? I tried to disable/enable items but can not get it to stay on "Movies".

Since I had to repopulate my database with the new filenames and delete the old, I've noticed that a few movies had problems displaying the correct "Rating". For example, "Pearl Harbor" has a rating of PG-13 but also overlaps a rating of R with it as well. When checking out the database, I noticed that it states: Rated PG-13 etc, etc....;edit, Director's Cut is rated R for etc.. etc. I'm assuming this is where the skin is getting it's rating info from. Could the skin just take the first rating and not combine both? Showgirls is showing NC-17 and also R (overlapped) for its rating too.

Oh, one more thing. Does Nox support HDTV covers? My HDTV videos are being shown with BLURAY covers.

Edit: Question 1 solved itself somehow. After rebooting Huh, it now defaults to "Movies" again. Odd.

Thanks.
I didn't want to start a format war, so I just used the existing format cases based on the resolution of the video. 720 and higher is Blu-ray and lower is dvd. The naming convention only applies to the source flags.

Victim Wrote:OK. I'll post the issue under general help and see if anyone could assist me. No problem if the other issue can't be fixed. It wasn't that big of a deal to begin with. I know people have asked this in the past, but do you have any intention of implementing PVR support? I haven't come across any Aeon skin that supports it. Tuners are relatively cheap now (under $50 for a USB version). If not now, at least maybe sometime in the future?
I will support it as it becomes part of the stable release of XBMC.

- SuperBilleN - 2011-03-18

Any way to get the trailers to play in full screen?
in some of the older version of Aeon nox the trailers played in full screen but with the latest the trailers just turns around and plays in the small windows.
im in dvd/bluray mode and push up to play trailers

thnx for your great skin and your time

- BigNoid - 2011-03-18

SuperBilleN Wrote:Any way to get the trailers to play in full screen?
in some of the older version of Aeon nox the trailers played in full screen but with the latest the trailers just turns around and plays in the small windows.
im in dvd/bluray mode and push up to play trailers

thnx for your great skin and your time
There will be an option for it in next release (scheduled for tonight).

- Shinu - 2011-03-18

any chance of u adding the 4 thumbs view like in my mockup Noid?

i also made a mockup around the episode level viewtype muzzakus suggested. tell me what u think.

- Rififi77 - 2011-03-18

Hello, attached the French translation to your skin

strings.xml

@+

- DanMan - 2011-03-18

Is there a way of keeping cd art and song titles on the screen once the visualisation kicks in.......only stays on for about 5 seconds then disappears.

- BigNoid - 2011-03-18

Shinu Wrote:any chance of u adding the 4 thumbs view like in my mockup Noid?

i also made a mockup around the episode level viewtype muzzakus suggested. tell me what u think.

I have to edit one of the infopanel graphics to make it suitable for that that mockup you made and that's something I have to take the time for to do it right. Off course, seeing your mockup skills, I'll appreciate if you could make an infopanel for the extrathumbs view Big Grin
The mockup looks good, however I was thinking of combining the list selectbar into that view, cause I love how the focused colors standout of the white selectbar. But in your mockup I could make it a more Aeon view by putting in the showcase floor. I'll definitely keep your mockup in mind!
Rififi77 Wrote:Hello, attached the French translation to your skin

strings.xml

@+
Thx, i will include it Smile
DanMan Wrote:Is there a way of keeping cd art and song titles on the screen once the visualisation kicks in.......only stays on for about 5 seconds then disappears.
Yeah, by pressing I (no skin feature, default XBMC function).

- BigNoid - 2011-03-18

Shinu Wrote:any chance of u adding the 4 thumbs view like in my mockup Noid?

After taking a couple of good looks, I think it might work very well. Do you by any change have a psd or xcf file of this mockup so I could use the graphics?
And is it possible to make a panel like that in the list selectbar color for the focused items?

- Bengualas - 2011-03-18

Awesome skin and the only one for me!!

I'll try to explain me with my fair english:

1) TV Shows - Show - Season level. I try to change the seasons-all poster. I focus on "All Seasons" and select change thumbnail --> The season-all poster is show as "current", but if I select another one, the file affected is banner.jpg and not season-all.tbn... ¿Is this a bug or a behavior motivated by the "use posters in place of banners" option? I use banners.

EDIT: The same behavior trying to change any season posters. Maybe it's a normal behavior... but the poster instead of the banner show as current is prone to confussion.

2) TV Shows - I use the TV Logo Script to download a sort of images (clearart, banner, landscape...) that I can display with the correspondent view. I don't like the "logo" for one show, so I try to change it with the "get logo" button. I choose another one and the logo file is changed... but the logo displayed in the skin is like "hardcoded" in the view, and it doesn't change neither restarting XBMC.

EDIT: Now it works with some shows, but not with others... Maybe is a matter of time?... Some weird cache issue ??

3) Related with 2) When you change any logo with the "get logo" button, the popup displays is totally "void".

Great job and sorry for my poor english!! XD

- BigNoid - 2011-03-18

Bengualas Wrote:Awesome skin and the only one for me!!

I'll try to explain me with my fair english:

1) TV Shows - Show - Season level. I try to change the seasons-all poster. I focus on "All Seasons" and select change thumbnail --> The season-all poster is show as "current", but if I select another one, the file affected is banner.jpg and not season-all.tbn... ¿Is this a bug or a behavior motivated by the "use posters in place of banners" option? I use banners.

EDIT: The same behavior trying to change any season posters. Maybe it's a normal behavior... but the poster instead of the banner show as current is prone to confussion.

2) TV Shows - I use the TV Logo Script to download a sort of images (clearart, banner, landscape...) that I can display with the correspondent view. I don't like the "logo" for one show, so I try to change it with the "get logo" button. I choose another one and the logo file is changed... but the logo displayed in the skin is like "hardcoded" in the view, and it doesn't change neither restarting XBMC.

EDIT: Now it works!! Maybe is a matter of time... Some weird cache issue ??

3) Related with 2) When you change any logo with the "get logo" button, the popup displays is totally "void".

Great job and sorry for my poor english!! XD
Your english is not bad at all Big Grin
1) You are right, I also can't seem to change the * all seasons thumb. This is handled by XBMC though, so I can't change that.
2) Textures are cached in the textures.db in your userdata/database folder. Sometime you have to restart or even delete that file to clear the cached textures.
3) Yeah I know. But this should be filled by the logo script, so I can't do anything about it.