Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- b_scott - 2011-04-04

arg sorry Noid, I fixed it. But I decided for now to get a Boxee and see how that fares with my bluray rips. I'll leave that up so you can see what I mean though.

- paendorz - 2011-04-04

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8fycplulq1ls7e

Spanish strings updated.

- gabbott - 2011-04-04

re: the TV-Y7 rating... thanks, looks like you've added it, but in the views it looks like it is overlaying both TV-Y and TV-Y7 on top of each other:

One other small thing I noticed in the above view, if a special has more than 1 digit (i.e S10 and above, there is not enough room to display it fully)

- gabbott - 2011-04-04

Missing an audio icon for 1-channel AC3/dolby digital and also for 2-channel DTS when bringing up the info screen for a title.

BTW, just wanted to mention this is a great skin, really enjoying it, runs quite smoothly on lower powered boxes. Smile

- NazoX - 2011-04-04

Ok noobish question here how do you get the video info icons like resolution and codecs to display all the time for videos? For some reason I only see them the first time I add a new video.

- Shinu - 2011-04-04

some minor bugs/suggestions i've decided to share Smile ...

1. NC-17 flags sometimes overlap...

2. any way u can darken the fanart for program addons infowall view?

3. when pressing I (video info) for a tv episode, it shows the season thumb. can u have it to show the season fanart in the background too?

4. when viewing the video info for a tv show, can u have unrated series show up as "Not Rated" or "Unrated" instead of leaving the field blank?

5. numbers begin to overlap with episode name in the infolist view when there are more than 99 episodes in the list....

oh, btw, i put together an updated studio flags pack. it contains close to 400 additional flags, gathered from others skins and flag packs uploaded to this site. hope u can use it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?nn8670qkrpys7pe

- atsumori - 2011-04-04

This is my first time posting in this thread so first of all, I love this skin and thank you for making it!

I also had a request for Nox Advanced Launcher support. Would it be possible to make an option to change the aspect ratio of the items displayed per launcher item (so per emulator?). Poster works well for many things, but Playstation games are square and Super Nintendo/N64 games are like a poster items on their side.

I imagine an option on the Viewtype select window (where you chose Infowall, Showcase, Etc.) with the options "Square," and "Rectangle (Tall)," "Rectangle (Wide)"

You could maybe also include a "Scale to Largest" option which would scale the largest side of each item to a fixed length and preserve each items aspect ratio. This would be so that items of mixed aspect (say Japanese and American SNES Games) could be listed together without either getting stretched.

Thanks!

- antisuck - 2011-04-04

samJ Wrote:@Big_Noid

As other members mentioned, I too love this view but would like to make some comments. Notice how the movie titles are organize from left to right and then continue to the next row and start again, from left to right… Example: Rec2, 13, avatar, avatar, beowulf, (next row) bourne collection, chronicles of narnia, etc. If I’m going throw the list in this order, wouldn’t it be logical for the pointer selector to behave this way?

As is, let say I have Beowulf highlighted, if I arrow right, I get the “page up/down” selector. Arrow right again, a window options opens up. Should I keep arrowing right, I’ll end up with “Beowulf” again… and the loop continues. What I am suggesting is this, again from “Beowulf”: arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “Bourne Collection”, arrow right – “Chronicles of Narnia”, … “Golden Compass”, arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “iRobot”, and so on.

This not only flows smoothly, but saves time. Let say I currently have “Final Fantasy, Spirits Within” selected and want to watch “iRobot”. Old way I need a total of 5 clicks to reach it. With the method I mentioned, it’s a total of three: arrow right – “Golden Compass”, arrow right – page up/down selector, arrow right – “iRobot”. Also this would flow nicely for a series of movies with many parts.

To get the window options, leave it as before. With the left most movies, in this view anyways, should I arrow left (from “Bourne Collection or “iRobot”, have it behave as it is currently and open up the window options.

Let me know if this makes any sense. Thanks.

Big_Noid Wrote:I see what you mean, I'll see if I can get that to work.
EDIT: It's not possible, if I set the right action to give focus to the list, then it always returns to the previous focused item.

This is probably a huge request, please don't think I'm presumptuous for coming out of nowhere with it but there's always the remote possibility it'll sound great. Or feel free to tell me to get stuffed of course... :o

Is wraparound scrolling possible if the list never loses focus? Could the window options widget be invoked from a new item on the list's context menu rather than from scrolling off to the side? And the scrollbar, does it need to be there when we have skip forward/back on a remote and page down/up on a keyboard?

I looooove this skin and this view rocks, but wraparound scrolling would take it to a new level. And once things are set up I don't need to change views often enough to have the option widget just an arrow key away.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading, and a thousand thanks for all the work you've put into this incredibly attractive and functional interface.

- gabbott - 2011-04-04

- kealan - 2011-04-04

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah i like that view also, when I had Aeon65 as my main skin I modded a sort of episode viewtype for it, but I never got around doing something similar for Nox:

Hi Big_Noid, any developments with this episode view you were going to introduce? Can't wait!

Also a couple of scrollbar bugs in latest build:
1. The scroll bar doesn't show up in Poster view when down is selected. The scrolling through letters does work but the scroll bar itself just isn't visible.

2. I was quite impressed with the new BigFan view in movies. But there doesn't seem to be a scroll bar option when you push down, to jump through the letters of the alphabet, which obviously means you have to trawl through your movies one by one. Any chance of adding this?

- Mindzai - 2011-04-04

The skin is getting better all the time Smile

A couple of small bugs I noticed.

1. If playing an mkv with chapters, the chapter info is hidden behind the clearart when skipping/seeking through a video file
2. The label that says "seeking" (top centre) when seeking is only displayed when you *stop* seeking. Whilst actually seeking it is blank.

- BigNoid - 2011-04-04

paendorz Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?l8fycplulq1ls7e

Spanish strings updated.
thx
gabbott Wrote:re: the TV-Y7 rating... thanks, looks like you've added it, but in the views it looks like it is overlaying both TV-Y and TV-Y7 on top of each other:

One other small thing I noticed in the above view, if a special has more than 1 digit (i.e S10 and above, there is not enough room to display it fully)
thx, fixed in next release
gabbott Wrote:Missing an audio icon for 1-channel AC3/dolby digital and also for 2-channel DTS when bringing up the info screen for a title.

BTW, just wanted to mention this is a great skin, really enjoying it, runs quite smoothly on lower powered boxes. Smile
thx, fixed in next release
Shinu Wrote:some minor bugs/suggestions i've decided to share Smile ...

1. NC-17 flags sometimes overlap...

2. any way u can darken the fanart for program addons infowall view?

3. when pressing I (video info) for a tv episode, it shows the season thumb. can u have it to show the season fanart in the background too?

4. when viewing the video info for a tv show, can u have unrated series show up as "Not Rated" or "Unrated" instead of leaving the field blank?

5. numbers begin to overlap with episode name in the infolist view when there are more than 99 episodes in the list....

oh, btw, i put together an updated studio flags pack. it contains close to 400 additional flags, gathered from others skins and flag packs uploaded to this site. hope u can use it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?nn8670qkrpys7pe
Thx, I will include the pack Smile
1,2 and 5 fixed, thx
3 and 4 will be added.
atsumori Wrote:This is my first time posting in this thread so first of all, I love this skin and thank you for making it!

I also had a request for Nox Advanced Launcher support. Would it be possible to make an option to change the aspect ratio of the items displayed per launcher item (so per emulator?). Poster works well for many things, but Playstation games are square and Super Nintendo/N64 games are like a poster items on their side.

I imagine an option on the Viewtype select window (where you chose Infowall, Showcase, Etc.) with the options "Square," and "Rectangle (Tall)," "Rectangle (Wide)"

You could maybe also include a "Scale to Largest" option which would scale the largest side of each item to a fixed length and preserve each items aspect ratio. This would be so that items of mixed aspect (say Japanese and American SNES Games) could be listed together without either getting stretched.

Thanks!
I can make option for infowall to show which aspect ratio the thumbs have. For showcase view that's impossible.
antisuck Wrote:This is probably a huge request, please don't think I'm presumptuous for coming out of nowhere with it but there's always the remote possibility it'll sound great. Or feel free to tell me to get stuffed of course... :o

Is wraparound scrolling possible if the list never loses focus? Could the window options widget be invoked from a new item on the list's context menu rather than from scrolling off to the side? And the scrollbar, does it need to be there when we have skip forward/back on a remote and page down/up on a keyboard?

I looooove this skin and this view rocks, but wraparound scrolling would take it to a new level. And once things are set up I don't need to change views often enough to have the option widget just an arrow key away.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading, and a thousand thanks for all the work you've put into this incredibly attractive and functional interface.
It can't be done, if you only scroll through the list it will always stay on the same column, not the column beneath it Sad
kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid, any developments with this episode view you were going to introduce? Can't wait!

Also a couple of scrollbar bugs in latest build:
1. The scroll bar doesn't show up in Poster view when down is selected. The scrolling through letters does work but the scroll bar itself just isn't visible.

2. I was quite impressed with the new BigFan view in movies. But there doesn't seem to be a scroll bar option when you push down, to jump through the letters of the alphabet, which obviously means you have to trawl through your movies one by one. Any chance of adding this?
I can't reproduce 1. It shows fine on my system.
I will add a scrollbar to BigFan, but a real subtle one, cause I don't think it fits in the view.
Mindzai Wrote:The skin is getting better all the time Smile

A couple of small bugs I noticed.

1. If playing an mkv with chapters, the chapter info is hidden behind the clearart when skipping/seeking through a video file
2. The label that says "seeking" (top centre) when seeking is only displayed when you *stop* seeking. Whilst actually seeking it is blank.
1 is fixed in next release, thx.
2: I will hide the texture when now terxt is displayed. The seeking message is a bug I don't know how to fix atm.

- chanders - 2011-04-04

Hey guys, I'm a longtime user of Aeon65 but I have recently tried Nox and I must say, it has become my new favourite.

A few bugs I noticed
1. On the main menu, if you press down on movies and choose recent, genre etc. it does not work. The only thing working is trailers.
2. When watching a movie, if you press M for the menu, you cannot select the subtitles button (third from right I think). If I am not mistaken, this launches the subtitle plugin? I use this all the time to download subtitles (when using Aeon65) and it would be great if it could be enabled here.

Suggestion:
1. In the TV show menu, if you press down and select schedule, you should be able to go directly to the said TV show by selecting it and pressing enter. As it is, it looks good with info and all but the extra functionality would be cool.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

- kealan - 2011-04-04

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah i like that view also, when I had Aeon65 as my main skin I modded a sort of episode viewtype for it, but I never got around doing something similar for Nox:

Big_Noid are still planning on adding this episode view?

- Shinu - 2011-04-04

Big_Noid Wrote:Thx, I will include the pack Smile
1,2 and 5 fixed, thx
3 and 4 will be added.

great! thanks for the fixes Noid. glad to see ur using the studio pack too Big Grin