Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- Fubu - 2011-04-07

Hi Big Noid, first of all thank you for this great skin and the regular updates!
Im not a native english speaker, so i hope you understand my requests.

1. MUSICVIDEO SECTION
I've added my Musicvideos to the "Musicvideo Databank". It looks like these section is not touched by your skin.

Each Video comes with his own nfo-file. As an example
Quote:<musicvideo>
<title>Long Hot Summer</title>
<artist>Reflection Eternal</artist>
<album></album>
<genre>Rap US</genre>
<runtime></runtime>
<plot></plot>
<year>2010</year>
<director></director>
<studio></studio>
</musicvideo>

In the play mode it shows me only the title.
Is it possible to show "Artist - Title" ("Reflection Eternal - Long Hot Summer")?

Is it possible to change the "list view" background for the "musicvideo section"...

...and show some information for the musicvideos because it looks like these

2. YOUTUBE ADDON
I have the same problem with the list view. Would be nice to hide the "red curtain" background.

3. DOUBLE FLAGS
When i play a "bluray image" it shows me the dvd and the bluray flag, don't know if its a program or skin problem?

4. SHORTCUTS

Again i don't know if it relates the skin or programm. Is it possible to display the "media menu" as well the "Queue list" by hotkey like the "Info menu" with the key "I"?

Greets!

- BigNoid - 2011-04-07

kealan Wrote:Hi Big_Noid I just downloaded the latest svn.

1. In Movies there is no scrolling bar visible on Posters when down is selected. This is with Poster Slide turned off.

2. In BigFan view I saw you added the vertical scrolling bar which is fine, but when I click left or right it doesn't jump A to B etc. It still only scrolls through to the next movie one by one.

3. Are you going to release the new tv episode view you had posted? It's so nice, it would be a shame not to.

Thanks again.
1: I really can't reproduce this, the scrollbar shows on my systems.
2: Yeah, that's true. It's because the list is so wide I guess. Nothing I can do about that though, it's XBMC functionality.
antisuck Wrote:Noid,

I'm finding it a bit awkward that direct from the home screen, Movies takes me to a nice title view with a (return) so backspace gets me all the way out again, while Music takes me to the last music screen I viewed with no (return) so I end up navigating through the library unless I remember to use escape to back out every time.

Seems like I got it working how I prefer by editing Home.xml and replacing this:

Code:
<item id="3">
            <label>2</label>

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>

<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg</icon>
            <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Music_Folder)]</thumb>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>
          </item>

with this:

Code:
<item id="3">
            <label>2</label>

<onclick>ActivateWindow(musiclibrary,albums,return)</onclick>

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>
          </item>

Am I going to break anything?

Also, is this something that might be considered for an official change? I know backspace vs. escape and different navigation styles can be a sticky issue in XBMC, but the dropdown submenus you've provided on the home screen are working great for getting to different parts of the library so a quick "in and out" to all my albums would be a nice touch, I think.
This won't break anything, you can always go to files and/or library. I won't add this in the skin, because if you don't have a music library this would open an empty screen. it's different in that regard to videos, movies and tvshows, there is only one menu item for music.
RazorFR Wrote:I like this skin a lot. Great job Big Noid.

Just one small annoyance, The zoom animation of the main menu at start up is most of the time really choppy for me..

It does not seem to be cpu related I am at 50% usage at start up like with most of the skins...

I run the skin with all funky widgets off. Any clue on how I could get a smoother startup ?

Thanks.
It's because scripts run at startup, no matter if you have widgets or not. I will fix it so that only the next aired script will run at startup if no widgets are active, should be more fluent startup then.
Mindzai Wrote:A small bug:

When in the movie trailers plugin, if you set the view to showcase or DVD case and set the info panel to be on, it never actually shows. Pressing up also has no effect because this goes straight to the menu. It would be great if this worked the same as movies.
Apple Movie trailers plugin shows panel for me. It is the fault of the developer of the addon. If the addon is set to show movies, all movie views of Nox are available to it. If it doesn´t do that, than a lot of things are broken, because I have to know what content type is in the list to show the appropriate data for it.
Eisi2005 Wrote:@big_noid

i have found a bug. No FSK 6 logo will be shown. All other FSK:0, 12, 16 and 18 are ok only FSK 6 will not show anymore. Could you add please this string ?
SubString(ListItem.mpaa,6)

Greets
Eisi
I remember removing that, because it conflicted with some other flags. Is the entry in the database only a 6, or is it also like american rating where it shows a whole line of text?
venealis Wrote:First off great looking and working skin. Really enjoy using this one. Question though, is there any chance that extra fanart could be used, i.e in now playing, movies etc.

Thanks.
V
I must look into the concept of extra fanart, cause I don't know what it is :o
paendorz Wrote:Hmm, I just noticed this. After I play a video, all episodes labels are hidden except the one the focus is on.
I will look into this.
Fubu Wrote:Hi Big Noid, first of all thank you for this great skin and the regular updates!
Im not a native english speaker, so i hope you understand my requests.

1. MUSICVIDEO SECTION
I've added my Musicvideos to the "Musicvideo Databank". It looks like these section is not touched by your skin.

Each Video comes with his own nfo-file. As an example

In the play mode it shows me only the title.

Is it possible to show "Artist - Title" ("Reflection Eternal - Long Hot Summer")?

Is it possible to change the "list view" background for the "musicvideo section"...

...and show some information for the musicvideos because it looks like these

2. YOUTUBE ADDON
I have the same problem with the list view. Would be nice to hide the "red curtain" background.

3. DOUBLE FLAGS
When i play a "bluray image" it shows me the dvd and the bluray flag, don't know if its a program or skin problem?

4. SHORTCUTS

Again i don't know if it relates the skin or programm. Is it possible to display the "media menu" as well the "Queue list" by hotkey like the "Info menu" with the key "I"?

Greets!
1: I haven't payed any attention yet to musicvideos to be honest. I will try to get some musicvideos and adjust accordingly.
2: I will look into that.
3: Probably a naming issue, what is the exact file name? Also, what type of audio is that, because i don't see a logo for it. i thought I had every possibility covered.
4: the media menu is not mappable to a button. It's not a window, but integrated in the various windows of xbmc.

- pieh - 2011-04-07

Big_Noid Wrote:It's because scripts run at startup, no matter if you have widgets or not. I will fix it so that only the next aired script will run at startup if no widgets are active, should be more fluent startup then.
You can also consider queueing launch of some scripts with
Code:
AlarmClock(name,command,time[,silent])

- Eisi2005 - 2011-04-08

@Big_Noid

the string must so how i posted SubString(ListItem.mpaa,6), only a 6 is in the database. I have entered this string in the xml file and it work now for me and i dont see any other bug.

Greets
Eisi

- leepenny - 2011-04-08

Yeah i've just started downloading music videos and I must say that the scrapers are a bit useless finding information (Both MTV and Yahoo Music!).The user in question might have to edit their own nfo's for this to work.
Also on the subject of extrafanart .I've used other skins that implement extrafanart (extrafanart folder in the movie folder with no specific filenames although all are j.peg).The skin 'pulls' a fanart from the folder and overlays it then randomly cycles through the folder. I also had (still have) extrafanart for my music artists.It was quite nice having the extra music fanart when on full screen music BUT when using extrafanart in library mode XBMC was exceedingly slow and really upset the smooth movements of browsing.

- Fubu - 2011-04-08

Big_Noid Wrote:3: Probably a naming issue, what is the exact file name? Also, what type of audio is that,
because i don't see a logo for it. i thought I had every possibility covered.

The filename ist "Life - Das Wunder Leben - Volume 1 D1.iso". In showcase
and info view it shows me only the DVD flag. In playing mode it shows the double flag DVD and BluRay.

MediaInfo said the audiostream is a DTS (HRA/Core).

Another thing, i've created three missing studio flags for german tv stations.
Can you please embed them?

- BigNoid - 2011-04-08

Eisi2005 Wrote:@Big_Noid

the string must so how i posted SubString(ListItem.mpaa,6), only a 6 is in the database. I have entered this string in the xml file and it work now for me and i dont see any other bug.

Greets
Eisi
Thx, I will do a stringcompare instead of substring, that way it won't conflict with other flags, like fsk 16.
leepenny Wrote:Yeah i've just started downloading music videos and I must say that the scrapers are a bit useless finding information (Both MTV and Yahoo Music!).The user in question might have to edit their own nfo's for this to work.
Also on the subject of extrafanart .I've used other skins that implement extrafanart (extrafanart folder in the movie folder with no specific filenames although all are j.peg).The skin 'pulls' a fanart from the folder and overlays it then randomly cycles through the folder. I also had (still have) extrafanart for my music artists.It was quite nice having the extra music fanart when on full screen music BUT when using extrafanart in library mode XBMC was exceedingly slow and really upset the smooth movements of browsing.
Yeah pulling images from outside xbmc slows down navigation, you can already see this with the extrathumbs.
grajen3 Wrote:You can also consider queueing launch of some scripts with
Code:
AlarmClock(name,command,time[,silent])
thx, that's a good idea.
Fubu Wrote:The filename ist "Life - Das Wunder Leben - Volume 1 D1.iso". In showcase
and info view it shows me only the DVD flag. In playing mode it shows the double flag DVD and BluRay.

MediaInfo said the audiostream is a DTS (HRA/Core).

Another thing, i've created three missing studio flags for german tv stations.
Can you please embed them?
I will include the flags, thx. The problem with the flags is that you don't have bluray in the name, but it's probably in a subfolder of a map named bluray. In the list views it will show a dvd flag if the file extension is iso and there is no bluray in the name. In the videoplayer there is no label for filename, so it pulls the entire path + filename, hence the double flags. i can't really solve this, so I advise you to name your files according to what source the are. It is like this in all skins.

- antisuck - 2011-04-09

Big_Noid Wrote:I won't add this in the skin, because if you don't have a music library this would open an empty screen. it's different in that regard to videos, movies and tvshows, there is only one menu item for music.

Fair enough.

What about something like this though, best of both worlds?

Code:
<item id="3">
            <label>2</label>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton) + !Library.HasContent(Music)</visible>
          </item>

<item id="3">
            <label>2</label>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton) + Library.HasContent(Music)</visible>
          </item>

I'm not at home so haven't tested, hopefully I got it mostly right, and you're not sick of hearing about this. :o

- F-Wolf - 2011-04-09

After running the TV Logo script, I notice it just dumps all the jpg's right into the TV Show's folder, I have gone thru extreme lengths to properly name/organize all 10,000+ TV Show episodes I have for other devices in the house that do not/can not run xbmc, and so when people come over then can easily find everything in the folders.

Is there any possiblity of moving where these are stored, possibly in the same location the scrappers store all there info?

- newphreak - 2011-04-09

I noticed XBMC Subtitles addon doesn't have any space now, as the poster overlaps it, would it be possible to lift their box, or get the poster underneath it while we look for subtitles?

- gensufz - 2011-04-10

I recently tried the AEON MQ2 skin and liked it, except for the fact that it is riddled with navigation problems that occur when using a MOUSE!

For more details:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=771556&postcount=3645

Since this Aeon NOX skin carries the "AEON" name, can I assume the same problems are in this "NOX" release that are in the MQ2 release?

Basically since I only use a mouse to navigate, the navigation has to be smooth, the AEON MQ2 release mouse navigation was very choppy and buggy, unlike the default Confluence skin.

let me know and I'll give this skin a shot.

Thanks

- antisuck - 2011-04-10

nfusion, Aeon skins in general do not support the use of a mouse and in the first post of this thread Big_Noid states specifically that Aeon Nox has no mouse support.

So you should probably look somewhere else, and put some effort into finding a skin that specifically does support use of a mouse. Don't forget that a lot about XBMC is geared toward HTPCs controlled via remote, so temper your expectations a bit and look through some threads.

- gensufz - 2011-04-10

thx

- BigNoid - 2011-04-10

antisuck Wrote:Fair enough.

What about something like this though, best of both worlds?

Code:
<item id="3">
            <label>2</label>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton) + !Library.HasContent(Music)</visible>
          </item>

<item id="3">
            <label>2</label>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton) + Library.HasContent(Music)</visible>
          </item>

I'm not at home so haven't tested, hopefully I got it mostly right, and you're not sick of hearing about this. :o
It's a good idea. I will implement this and add a root entry to the sub-menu. Seeing XBMC is a library centered application this seems like a valid change. Thx.
F-Wolf Wrote:After running the TV Logo script, I notice it just dumps all the jpg's right into the TV Show's folder, I have gone thru extreme lengths to properly name/organize all 10,000+ TV Show episodes I have for other devices in the house that do not/can not run xbmc, and so when people come over then can easily find everything in the folders.

Is there any possiblity of moving where these are stored, possibly in the same location the scrappers store all there info?
As of now, this is the only solution for showing logo's and such. it's a script feature btw. In the future XBMC will make use of centralized skin art work and this won't be necessary.
newphreak Wrote:Image
I noticed XBMC Subtitles addon doesn't have any space now, as the poster overlaps it, would it be possible to lift their box, or get the poster underneath it while we look for subtitles?
Missed this one, I will fix it.

- Shinu - 2011-04-10

is there anyway for u to make a 'cinema' submenu noid? i kno u have an option to have all movie submenus use the cinema script, but i'd rather have a dedicated option to use the script instead of having all submenus use it.