Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- fional - 2011-05-06

Thanks for responding Smile

With the first bit, about the flags not being in the default format... I'm pretty new and working my way through things, I've only been tinkering with this since about Thursday. When you say not in the default format of 161x109 and in white...what can I do to fix that? Even if it can't be part of the skin itself, it's a mod of sorts that some may find useful and I don't mind going through 50 to make it happen Tongue

The second bit is true, I can see how that solution as is wouldn't work for everyone.

While I don't mind modding what you've made to suit my individual need, I shudder to think of doing that every time there's an update. Plus I'm very bad at it so far, as I'm not even sure where this insert would happen. I gave it a try and it made things screwy, so I obviously overwrote something I shouldn't have, but I'm going to figure it out! Smile

Or you mention making it editable through a skin setting with skin string, which you won't do cause of the 50 options - but what would that entail? Perhaps I'm being overly ambitious, just I know the external drive issue isn't unique to me.

Big_Noid Wrote:I've got two problems with this:
- The flags are not in the default format 161x109 and in white.
- Every disk is mounted differently, mine is called media/SAMSUNG for instance. I could make this editable through skin settings with a set skin string, but that would mean I have to add 50 options in there. (which I am not gonna do). It's either that, or make 50 labels with 50 visibility conditions and then you would still have to mod the proper name in the xml for your drive. So I definitely like the idea, but it's not doable in a form that suits everybody.

- Shinu - 2011-05-06

Big_Noid Wrote:Ha, you're right. It does look better, thx. So now you don't have to mod anything Wink

W00t!!! Noid for president!!! Thanx a mil man! Big Grin

- Mindzai - 2011-05-06

Big_Noid Wrote:I've got two problems with this:
- The flags are not in the default format 161x109 and in white.
- Every disk is mounted differently, mine is called media/SAMSUNG for instance. I could make this editable through skin settings with a set skin string, but that would mean I have to add 50 options in there. (which I am not gonna do). It's either that, or make 50 labels with 50 visibility conditions and then you would still have to mod the proper name in the xml for your drive. So I definitely like the idea, but it's not doable in a form that suits everybody.

I suppose the icons could be remade by a volunteer in the aeon style.
The second point is the real problem, but then it could be down to the users to mount their drives using a certain naming convention. The mount point of any drive can be easily set via fstab. If you provided an option for a base string (eg 'stuff') and users had to mount their drives using this base string followed by an integer (stuff0, stuff1, stuff2 etc) then you wouldn't have to have 50 options. That's about the only thing I can think of to avoid all the options.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-06

Mindzai Wrote:I suppose the icons could be remade by a volunteer in the aeon style.
The second point is the real problem, but then it could be down to the users to mount their drives using a certain naming convention. The mount point of any drive can be easily set via fstab. If you provided an option for a base string (eg 'stuff') and users had to mount their drives using this base string followed by an integer (stuff0, stuff1, stuff2 etc) then you wouldn't have to have 50 options. That's about the only thing I can think of to avoid all the options.
I really don't want to add something that requires users to edit fstab.
I think this is something for a personal mod.

- fional - 2011-05-06

Big_Noid Wrote:I really don't want to add something that requires users to edit fstab.
I think this is something for a personal mod.

Probably right, I'm sure it's too ambitious to try to make it friendly for all uses.

I maybe can make the changes once on my own thing and maybe make some sort of script that I could run if Nox updates, to go and re-add the changes. I bet someone at my uni could help me with that bit!

Can I ask what you meant with the icons not being right about white and size and so forth? Is there a place I can look to make them right?

Thanks Big Noid Smile

- BigNoid - 2011-05-06

fional Wrote:Probably right, I'm sure it's too ambitious to try to make it friendly for all uses.

I maybe can make the changes once on my own thing and maybe make some sort of script that I could run if Nox updates, to go and re-add the changes. I bet someone at my uni could help me with that bit!

Can I ask what you meant with the icons not being right about white and size and so forth? Is there a place I can look to make them right?

Thanks Big Noid Smile

The icons won't look good in Nox, because they are different from the rest of the flags and also have a different resolution, so they will be either too big or too small. They should be 161x109 resolution and preferrebly white letters on a transparent background.

- fional - 2011-05-06

Big_Noid Wrote:The icons won't look good in Nox, because they are different from the rest of the flags and also have a different resolution, so they will be either too big or too small. They should be 161x109 resolution and preferrebly white letters on a transparent background.

Thanks Noid Smile

I'll make up a load of new ones tonight and share them with those who want.

Cheers!

- LogheadXBMC - 2011-05-06

[quote=Big_Noid]My guess it's an addon. It's definitely not part of Nox as the color of "Done" is in the selected color of confluence, which I changed in my skin.

Just wanted to say thanks for the response, I uninstalled a bunch of add-ons and this problem disappeared.

Thought I'd best mention that this was the solution in case anyone else has this problem.

Advanced Launcher Support - BigNoid - 2011-05-06

Better Advanced Launcher support in Aeon Nox:

Please note that the images are crushed in the second picture, it's meant for square type boxes :p

- st graveyard - 2011-05-06

Hello all,

Are there people out there who have there home vids in AEON NOX? I'm adding my home videos now in the interface (non library mode) and I'm trying to make it look nice. But it won't really work out for me. When I compare this to the 'pictures' section, one can add a nice thumb to each directory, but with the home videos this is not possible.
Are there people out there willing to perhaps post a picture of their section? Just to give me ideas. Is it possible to add thumbs to the folders of your own vids?

- st graveyard - 2011-05-06

Big_Noid Wrote:Better Advanced Launcher support in Aeon Nox:

Please note that the images are crushed in the second picture, it's meant for square type boxes :p

This looks SO awesome big_noid. Fantastic. Please release this :-) I can't wait to give it a try!

Thank you in advance for all your efforts...

- fional - 2011-05-07

Thanks for your help with this Smile I'm going to try your suggestions in the other thread and also see if I can work together some sort of script that will automate the changes - so I don't have to manually do it when there's a Nox update Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100779

There's the thread where I have a link to the icons which should work with Nox...proper resolution, etc Smile

Thanks again Smile

- Shinu - 2011-05-07

came across a minor bug: unable to scroll through the cast list in the video info screen.

- coendeurloo - 2011-05-07

Me and my friends noticed something yesterday; the genre isn't listed in the movie details. Is this a setting that can be enabled somewhere?

- BigNoid - 2011-05-07

coendeurloo Wrote:Me and my friends noticed something yesterday; the genre isn't listed in the movie details. Is this a setting that can be enabled somewhere?

Yeah, depends on which view, but for showcase it's the genre/extra info toggle button in the media menu. It's supposed to show up above the movie title.