Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

I've updated the PseudoTV skin for Cirrus Extended.

Info

EPG

Download is in my signature.

Place it in /addons/script.pseudotv/resources/skins.

- branlr - 2011-03-05

Speaking of pseudotv, in the process of getting pseudotv stable again, I had to reinstall xbmc, and now I'm having a hell of a time getting banners and posters to show up correctly.

It seems like XBMC is refusing to cache those jpgs in the local folders. So for example, in poster views I'm getting squished banners, and in banner views I'm getting the cirrus extended logo. I even went as far to delete all banners, landscapes etc and run logo downloader, deleted the video cache... etc

Anyone have any thoughts?

Just to clarify, the jpegs ARE in the folders with the files, but xbmc seems to not want to read them. Thanks!

- zepfan - 2011-03-05

Linux or windows? I'd always uninstall xbmc and delete the entire .xbmc found in home folder. That way there was no overlap from previous installations, that would screw things up.

- butchabay - 2011-03-07

dagatech Wrote:Love this skin, I switched to it from Aeon MQ2 and haven't looked back. Based on my experience with that skin though, please please be careful with adding the submenu stuff - when MQ2 did that it slowed down dramatically!

On another note, while I may be in the minority here, I really don't like seeing the IMDB ratings everywhere. I only keep videos that I want to watch and don't really care what other people think. Is there anyway that a switch could be added to disable the ratings display? I have modified the xml to do it, but would rather not have to do that every time there's an update. (I mostly use rightlist view, if that matters)

It's a great skin all around, awesome job!

For sure i'm going to test it, if the stuff will slow down the skin i'll not implement it. About IMDB Ratings, we'll see if me can do it as option.

branlr Wrote:That's pretty awesome.

It makes me think, however... why is it that skins always have to limit the number? Is there any way to let the user add (essentially) infinite menu items?

For example, in settings, instead of seeing 1-5 available submenu spaces, would it be possible to create like an "Add" and "Remove" buttons that would add the code for more buttons?

Does the skinning engine have any way of generating serialized chunks of code like that?

I think the reason is to not fill the skin with infinity of "add items"!
Any integration to the skin should not slow it down. So as said, i'll test it but if it will take effect to performance of cirrus extended it will not be added.

zepfan Wrote:I dont know if you guys have noticed this, but when the logo shows up in season view, the title overlaps the logo.

Maybe an option to enable the logo, and turn off the text? That way it's on when viewing all shows too.

I'll take a look at it ...

Pause Osd Menu - h3nk3 - 2011-03-07

Thank you for the movie poster update when pause/seek. I think it looks much more nicer now. Is it also possible to get the media codec flags beside the movie poster on pause/seek. To raise up the look even further!!

Thanks for your lovely work!!

- DDM123 - 2011-03-07

Thank you so much for enabling Weather+ and HTE. Is there a way to view the Weather.com video like you can in Transparency? I think having that might be enough to convince my wife that we can drop cable altogether.

- branlr - 2011-03-07

DDM123 Wrote:Thank you so much for enabling Weather+ and HTE. Is there a way to view the Weather.com video like you can in Transparency? I think having that might be enough to convince my wife that we can drop cable altogether.

Yes, but I haven't implemented it yet... give me a couple of weeks... I'm about to have to give a classical guitar recital a week from today, and after that I'll have all sorts of time on my hands.

- DDM123 - 2011-03-08

Nice. Don't hurry on my account. I'm already super happy with Cirrus Extended.

- nikothebouriko - 2011-03-08

Yep

another feature request :p

any chance to have Clear Movie Genre ?!

forum

thx !!

- butchabay - 2011-03-09

nikothebouriko Wrote:Yep

another feature request :p

any chance to have Clear Movie Genre ?!

forum

thx !!

I mind that it will not fit in fanart view. I can give it a try, see how it looks and decide with malexx, as we take most decisions together.

- Malexx - 2011-03-09

why you just dont replace the default ones in /extras/moviegenre with the clear arts,so you have them working for you ?!

Themes - Malexx - 2011-03-09

Started to work for different Themes in Cirrus Extended.
Unlike Color Themes these one will be switchable in the Skin Settings.
Its not only changed color etc,the Layout is also changed a bit.
Details will follow ...

Preview for Dark Theme
Rightlist View

Wall View

Half-Wall View

Coverflow View

- zepfan - 2011-03-09

Fan of Alaks, eh? Wink

- techguy808 - 2011-03-09

Hi all - I'm new XBMC and love this skin - it has a very clean, elegant look to it, looks great on my HTPC! Great job to all involved!!

I have a few of questions -

How do I activate some of the views like Cover Flow, Wall, and Half Wall? At present I am only seeing the Rightlist Views and the Fanart options. I didn't see any checkbox options in the skin settings, unless I am missing something? Right now I have version 1.23 of Cirrus Extended.

Also, is it possible to use any of those views with the 'Games' category? I like the info panel in Fanart, but would love to change up the view for different emulators.

Last question - how do I activate the 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' options on the main home page? I see them as sub-menu options. To get them as full options, would I need to create custom favorites?

Thanks for your help!

- butchabay - 2011-03-09

Malexx Wrote:why you just dont replace the default ones in /extras/moviegenre with the clear arts,so you have them working for you ?!

I don't think it's that easy, because they are like cleararts, so it won't look good with border and glass overlay, should be set a visible tag for the moviegenres. I'll take a look, but not priority for now.

Malexx Wrote:Started to work for different Themes in Cirrus Extended.
Unlike Color Themes these one will be switchable in the Skin Settings.
Its not only changed color etc,the Layout is also changed a bit.
Details will follow ...

Preview for Dark Theme
Rightlist View

Wall View

Half-Wall View

Coverflow View

Great work mate, looks really fresh and clean!