Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)

- kulprit - 2011-04-15

PatrickBateman, noticed the same thing for your first point.

Can help with the second though. What it is doing is using the shorter movie plot, rather than the longer synopsis. I would assume that if you are using nfo's rather than a scraper this might not be present, so comes up blank.

- htpc guy - 2011-04-15

djashjones Wrote:silly question but where/how do i access my movie playlists?

I ran into this same issue a long time ago.

Go to Videos and press left to bring up the view options. Choose Library and now you will have the playlist option.

- butchabay - 2011-04-15

djashjones Wrote:silly question but where/how do i access my movie playlists?

Videos

- butchabay - 2011-04-15

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

I've noticed 2 strange things...

1 .. When I enable "show DVD boxes" in tv shows (when in right list view) it actually removes the poster and shows and blank screen? I'm using the exact same view as my movies and it works perfectly in there..?

Also, in the options their is an option to enablemovieplot for fan art, rightlist etc and when I enable that it actually removes thenmovie plot? Have I misunderstood these options? ...it's not unheard of Laugh

Not that simple as there are more than one visible conditions, with options of banners ... widethumbs. There is a lot of work to get dvd cases visible ... i can take a look when i have time ...

- butchabay - 2011-04-15

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Also, in the options their is an option to enablemovieplot for fan art, rightlist etc and when I enable that it actually removes thenmovie plot? Have I misunderstood these options? ...it's not unheard of Laugh

Already answered ... Smile

See here ...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=769593&postcount=536

- Dr.Know - 2011-04-15

I've noticed earlier this week that when I go to choose the "Clean Library" option, it corrupts my movies and tv shows database and they disappear all together from xbmc. It's as if they've magically disappeared (although the "myvideos34.db" file still exists in the folder...but it probably got corrupt)>

Because of this, I was forced to do a full re-scan of my library (not fun). Once it was completed, I backed up the DB files. Then I decided to try doing a "clean library" scan again.....and the same thing happened again...all of my movies and tv shows disappeared (good thing I had backups). Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a bug.

- butchabay - 2011-04-15

Clean library isn't coded in the skin itself, it's hardcoded in Xbmc so you may try to post this issue in the Xbmc Help and support forum.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-04-16

kulprit Wrote:PatrickBateman, noticed the same thing for your first point.

Can help with the second though. What it is doing is using the shorter movie plot, rather than the longer synopsis. I would assume that if you are using nfo's rather than a scraper this might not be present, so comes up blank.

Your right,
Cheers for that Smile I do use nfo's and I think your correct, I thought it was the longer synopsis... Doh!

Butcha..
Im really Looking forward to the next update and what you guys bring to it, this skin is just wonderful...

A few more questions if thats ok Smile
Is there a way to watch trailers in a window? As mine always go full screen which is a tad annoying ... I'd like to view them in a small window overlaid on the rightist view that I use, as I think it's a sleeker option.

Also,
I'd like to try out the additional fanrt option, however I don't think it functions like the download script for banners, in the next update could this additional fan art option be expanded upon like the awesome banner download script?

And finally, I'd like to add favourites to the little sub menu above the main menu, personally I love a sleek, clean, light minimalistic view and I only have tv, movies, videos, music and power ny my home screen...

I'd like to highlight the tv menu (and access the little thinner sub menu) and be able to select the iplayer etc and/or other tv favourites .. (same for music and movies etc) as this keeps my home screen clean and tidy and those respective favourites located u der the appropriate sub heading...

If that makes sense lol Smile

- butchabay - 2011-04-17

Hi Pat,
There won't be a big update, just some little fixes, search button in submenus and release of PVR ... then there will be a break till a bigger update with some requests ...
as summer is coming Smile
About favourites in submenu, you have 5 favourites for movies and tvshows + you can add addons in each category + you can add custom playlists ... Isn't that enough ? Smile
Cheers ...
Next update is ready, we just have to wait till Malexx is coming back home to update the repo ...

- Angelscry - 2011-04-17

I'm actually working on new game system additional artworks for Advanced Launcher (thumbs and fanarts) :

But actually I'm not totally satisfied about some company logos rendering into Cirrus Extended (like SEGA logo as below). Is there a way to bypass the default display of those logo and let user use it's proper ones, for example, by putting .png files logos into a specific folder of the Cirrus Extended Skin?

- butchabay - 2011-04-18

Angelscry Wrote:I'm actually working on new game system additional artworks for Advanced Launcher (thumbs and fanarts) :

But actually I'm not totally satisfied about some company logos rendering into Cirrus Extended (like SEGA logo as below). Is there a way to bypass the default display of those logo and let user use it's proper ones, for example, by putting .png files logos into a specific folder of the Cirrus Extended Skin?

The problem is that the media textures are compressed, what i can do is to share the modded skin separately so everyone can change stuff in the media folder, but everytime the user will update the skin, he should replace the stuff again ... that's the only way ...

- PatrickBateman - 2011-04-18

Angelscry Wrote:I'm actually working on new game system additional artworks for Advanced Launcher (thumbs and fanarts) :

This may sound cheeky or bizarre Big Grin but ... Is it possible for someone to share a pre made version of xbmc with the extended skin and all these plugins added..

I would love this level of functionality, however I'm such a noob that I am still at the point of setting up my media and folder structure.. Id love to have these features, (that I never knew existed ad would love to utilise) plugins and add ons all in one complete package that I can then expand upon and configure to my needs... Does anyone offer that as a facility?

For example, an xbmc extended skinned version, with all these fantastic plugins and add ons configured and ready to go... Just add milk Smile

Hide focus frame? - nelcruz - 2011-04-18

Hi all,

Wondering if there is a way to hide the focus frame in different movie library views. I use artwork from mbmods.com (check out the diamond with a disk collection) for my box sets. If you are in the list view, you see no frame. But, if you are in coverflow or large poster view, the white frame is visible. Can this be modified in any way? Check out an example of the images I am referring to below...

Thanks in advance!

- htpc guy - 2011-04-18

PatrickBateman Wrote:This may sound cheeky or bizarre Big Grin but ... Is it possible for someone to share a pre made version of xbmc with the extended skin and all these plugins added..

I would love this level of functionality, however I'm such a noob that I am still at the point of setting up my media and folder structure.. Id love to have these features, (that I never knew existed ad would love to utilise) plugins and add ons all in one complete package that I can then expand upon and configure to my needs... Does anyone offer that as a facility?

For example, an xbmc extended skinned version, with all these fantastic plugins and add ons configured and ready to go... Just add milk Smile

I didn't want to derail this thread so I sent you a PM with links to help you on your way to getting things set up.

- mad-max - 2011-04-18

Quote:This may sound cheeky or bizarre but ... Is it possible for someone to share a pre made version of xbmc with the extended skin and all these plugins added..

Yes, it is, but should be discussed not in the skin thread...
Just a little hint: you can take a git clone, adjust this to your needs and compile...
cheers,
mm