Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)

- Angelscry - 2011-04-18

butchabay Wrote:The problem is that the media textures are compressed, what i can do is to share the modded skin separately so everyone can change stuff in the media folder, but everytime the user will update the skin, he should replace the stuff again ... that's the only way ...
Ho... Ok... I understand. It all media textures compressed or nothing...

So... another question. Is it possible to modify directly the skin to force it to use a specific media file (into a specific path) instead of using the compressed one? I clearly know that it is not the way to do it. But in addition, is it possible to add a skin setting that will add the possibility to select if the user want to use the default compressed media textures or it's proper ones?

- Dr.Know - 2011-04-18

I think I may have found a potential bug in this skin. When I'm watching a movie and then I go back to go through my movie library (while the movie is still playing in the background) my screen starts to flicker and then it goes black....but I continue to hear the audio from the movie.

This does not happen in the original Cirrus skin...I'm able to go through my movie library while the movie plays in the background.

- retro11 - 2011-04-18

@Angelscry

The console/system artwork you are working on is looking good.

After getting ALA setup (well nearly finished - system problems not plugin) I had spent ages trying to find decent fanart/poster images for the different consoles without much luck (I was kinda resigned to using some hyperspin stuff but it wasn't 100% right) and am really happy to that the solution is on it's way.

Great work.

- Angelscry - 2011-04-18

retro11 Wrote:@Angelscry

The console/system artwork you are working on is looking good.

After getting ALA setup (well nearly finished - system problems not plugin) I had spent ages trying to find decent fanart/poster images for the different consoles without much luck (I was kinda resigned to using some hyperspin stuff but it wasn't 100% right) and am really happy to that the solution is on it's way.

Great work.
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=61

- butchabay - 2011-04-18

Angelscry Wrote:Ho... Ok... I understand. It all media textures compressed or nothing...

So... another question. Is it possible to modify directly the skin to force it to use a specific media file (into a specific path) instead of using the compressed one? I clearly know that it is not the way to do it. But in addition, is it possible to add a skin setting that will add the possibility to select if the user want to use the default compressed media textures or it's proper ones?

I'll take a look, i'm thinking to set an option to let choose the user which studio flags to use and their location, something similar to the option: Set game path ... What do you think?

- butchabay - 2011-04-18

Dr.Know Wrote:I think I may have found a potential bug in this skin. When I'm watching a movie and then I go back to go through my movie library (while the movie is still playing in the background) my screen starts to flicker and then it goes black....but I continue to hear the audio from the movie.

This does not happen in the original Cirrus skin...I'm able to go through my movie library while the movie plays in the background.

Sorry but i can't reproduce that, i can browse through my library with a 1080p movie playing in the background. Which view are you using for movie library?

- butchabay - 2011-04-18

nelcruz Wrote:Hi all,

Wondering if there is a way to hide the focus frame in different movie library views. I use artwork from mbmods.com (check out the diamond with a disk collection) for my box sets. If you are in the list view, you see no frame. But, if you are in coverflow or large poster view, the white frame is visible. Can this be modified in any way? Check out an example of the images I am referring to below...

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you have to search in each viewtype.xml for: border-poster.png and delete the line:
example:
<texture>border-poster.png</texture>

- Dr.Know - 2011-04-18

butchabay Wrote:Sorry but i can't reproduce that, i can browse through my library with a 1080p movie playing in the background. Which view are you using for movie library?

Fanart view with information....I will try it again this evening to see if I can replicate it...I will post my debug log if it's still happening...

- nelcruz - 2011-04-19

thanks butchabay, will try tonight when I get home!

- Angelscry - 2011-04-19

butchabay Wrote:I'll take a look, i'm thinking to set an option to let choose the user which studio flags to use and their location, something similar to the option: Set game path ... What do you think?
Yes, I think it will be useful for users to use personal logos and work by their-self on them. Do you think it will be possible for you to add a functionality that will check if an user custom studio logo image exist or not? If this custom studio logo exist, the skin display it. If this custom studio logo do not exist, the skin display the default compressed one.

- butchabay - 2011-04-19

Angelscry Wrote:Yes, I think it will be useful for users to use personal logos and work by their-self on them. Do you think it will be possible for you to add a functionality that will check if an user custom studio logo image exist or not? If this custom studio logo exist, the skin display it. If this custom studio logo do not exist, the skin display the default compressed one.

First i'll see if i'll get it to work like a path entry, have following in my mind:

Set Flagging Path:

CUSTOM/Flagging

and in the flagging folder, folder structure have to remain the same:

CUSTOM/Flagging/Studios/

so there you will have the possibility to extract a complete studio logo pack ...

I've tried it that way yesterday, but still doesn't work ... Smile

I hope i'll find a solution ...

There will be a visible condition:

If you set the button to "Set Flagging Path" it will look for Flagging Logos in the Custom Path, if it's not set it will look to the textures.xbt in the Media Folder.

That's the idea, but how said it will take some sparetime as i'm not a skinner, maybe i should cry for help in the dev thread Smile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-04-19

Hi,

Just been playing some music for the first time and noticed how large and out of place the now playing window is...

Could this be reduced to just show the name of the current track and the name of the next track and placed either top centre directly below the time and date or exactly where it is but without the speaker icon and all that?

Thanks again for a wonderful skin.

Update..
I've turned it off for the time being, but i cant see whats playing lol :-) Hopefully we can have a slim/lite version with the next update if you have time or feel its worth implamenting :-)

- butchabay - 2011-04-19

Hi mate the speaker icon is the default cover if your playing music has no cover, normally there is the cd cover. I have to say that i'm thinking to replace default icons as i don't like them.

- htpc guy - 2011-04-19

butchabay Wrote:Hi mate the speaker icon is the default cover if your playing music has no cover, normally there is the cd cover. I have to say that i'm thinking to replace default icons as i don't like them.

That can give me something to work on.

- butchabay - 2011-04-19

htpc guy Wrote:That can give me something to work on.

Hi mate, that would be awesome ... There are 3 default icons i would replace, Music, Video and Folder ... what do you think ? If possible not transparent or semi transparent! It looks ugly when you have cdart spinning without a cover. A nice new default cdart would be great too by the way Smile