Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=90693)

- branlr - 2011-02-01

Ah I see-- why does this version of cirrus not support folder.jpg files in the banner views when the original does?

- Mooorgul - 2011-02-01

Hello,

I just switched to Cirrus Extended from Aeon65 a few days ago and I'm really liking it so far. Fast, smooth and also really nice looking. Big ups for a nice job!

There is one thing that's stopping me from enjoying it 100% though. I'd very much like to have a scrollbar available in the RightListView view. That applies to all media types; Movies, TV Shows, Music etc. When you have a large library it's a pain to have to go through every movie/show/artist when browsing.

Just my two cents. I hope you can consider including this in your next update or perhaps provide me with some kind of workaround. Smile

Cheers!

- htpc guy - 2011-02-01

branlr Wrote:Ah I see-- why does this version of cirrus not support folder.jpg files in the banner views when the original does?

It uses banner.jpg, poster.jpg, landscape.jpg images. This way you can switch between view types and it will use different images rather than stretching and distorting the same image to try to get it to fit.

- htpc guy - 2011-02-01

Mooorgul Wrote:Hello,

I just switched to Cirrus Extended from Aeon65 a few days ago and I'm really liking it so far. Fast, smooth and also really nice looking. Big ups for a nice job!

There is one thing that's stopping me from enjoying it 100% though. I'd very much like to have a scrollbar available in the RightListView view. That applies to all media types; Movies, TV Shows, Music etc. When you have a large library it's a pain to have to go through every movie/show/artist when browsing.

Just my two cents. I hope you can consider including this in your next update or perhaps provide me with some kind of workaround. Smile

Cheers!

If you have a remote you can press one of the number buttons to jump to a specific letter in the library (think of texting w/ a cell phone to get the number. My remote has letters above the buttons). Shift+letter will do the same thing on the keyboard.

- branlr - 2011-02-01

htpc guy Wrote:It uses banner.jpg, poster.jpg, landscape.jpg images. This way you can switch between view types and it will use different images rather than stretching and distorting the same image to try to get it to fit.

Yeah, okay, this skin is getting pretty sexy over here now... thanks!

Just a weird little bug thing I've noticed while playing with it--when you push the "i" button (information), the word "Cast" Appears outside it's dialog box on the main background before getting covered up, but you can see it before, and if you are using various aspects of the information screen like searching for thumbs you can see it.

Also, I believe that perhaps the lack of support for folder.jpg has also caused the "up directory" arrow icon to not be shown on graphical views like the bannerwall. This is fine cause it looked bad all stretched out anyway, but thought I should mention.

Thanks you guys for the awesome version of cirrus... I'm looking into adding that rss reader mod that I requested myself... I will hit you guys with the code if I get it figured out.

- butchabay - 2011-02-01

branlr Wrote:Yeah, okay, this skin is getting pretty sexy over here now... thanks!

Just a weird little bug thing I've noticed while playing with it--when you push the "i" button (information), the word "Cast" Appears outside it's dialog box on the main background before getting covered up, but you can see it before, and if you are using various aspects of the information screen like searching for thumbs you can see it.

Also, I believe that perhaps the lack of support for folder.jpg has also caused the "up directory" arrow icon to not be shown on graphical views like the bannerwall. This is fine cause it looked bad all stretched out anyway, but thought I should mention.

Thanks you guys for the awesome version of cirrus... I'm looking into adding that rss reader mod that I requested myself... I will hit you guys with the code if I get it figured out.

Glad you're enjoying this MOD. I can't see the " cast " problem, so maybe you could post a screenshot ?

Thanx

- branlr - 2011-02-01

**Removed link***

As video info is opening.

Also, you can see the lack of "up directory" arrow.

- butchabay - 2011-02-01

Quote:As video info is opening.

Also, you can see the lack of "up directory" arrow.

Thanx, will be fixed !

- Malexx - 2011-02-02

For the updirectory arrow maybe its possible to make new ones for each view,we will see.
Never noticed this cause i disable this function in general(using remote).

For the Scrollbar,i think Butchabay is already taking care of.
But we need to find a way to integrate it nice.It must look good and the function for playing Trailer on down or side click must be integrated.
Also a thing i never use .....so never thought about.
I have a hughe Library too,and what iam doing is what htpc_guy is doing too.
Or when i scroll fast i just look upper left corner at which letter iam,works too.

anyway,thx for report

- butchabay - 2011-02-02

Bugfix and To Do List updated: Here

- supertom44 - 2011-02-02

Have you given any thought into including plot information about the recently added items on the homescreen?

- smush420 - 2011-02-02

Are landscape.jpg enabled in rightlistview? Mine don't seem to show up if they are. They work fine in the sinus mod

- butchabay - 2011-02-02

supertom44 Wrote:Have you given any thought into including plot information about the recently added items on the homescreen?

Yes, Plot Outline will be visible. Malexx is working on it.

smush420 Wrote:Are landscape.jpg enabled in rightlistview? Mine don't seem to show up if they are. They work fine in the sinus mod

Yes landscape.jpg are supported, you have to enable them in System --> Skin --> Extended Mod

- feerlessleadr - 2011-02-02

Anyway that you could implement the 'TV Guide' like the one implemented in this beta skin located here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92794

- smush420 - 2011-02-02

There's no option to enable landscape in rightlistview only fanart view.