Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

EDIT: I just got v2.0.0 now...let me snoop around and see if I can help myself
so many new options whoo hoo!

Thanx a lot for this fine project btw, I just hope to God it doesnt die like TvTime did (hasnt seen any updates lately)
Really appreciate the work done here!

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

Jason, I'm picking up something fishy here..

I have v2.0.0 now but when I add a channel and try to scroll beyond "Series"...I think it should read directory, but it just freezes up there...I see no directory option, and I have to hit ESC to get out of that window

PS: when I tried to use TvTime to add directories, it would ONLY give me a drive "I:", which apon clicking it, asks me to enter a DVD into the drive? It doesn't see my C,D or E Drives at all.

Any Idea what's wrong?

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

Seems to be a ReFocus Bug, Everything seems to be working in Confluence

...I still don't have any access to my C,D and E drives when trying to add a directory thoughHuh WTF

- westcoastbias - 2011-09-08

Sranshaft Wrote:You need to go to the GIT page and select the stable-pre branch from the dropdown menu. Click the download button and unzip the file you download and replace the older version with this new one.

So from this page:

https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/tree/stable-pre

I click on the download button? I only see up to 1.2.0, there is no 2.0. Can someone help me with the link to the right page?

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-08

Keeper Wrote:Seems to be a ReFocus Bug, Everything seems to be working in Confluence

...I still don't have any access to my C,D and E drives when trying to add a directory thoughHuh WTF

Have you added those drives as a source in the file manager? If not, you'll need to do that first. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is. As for the bug in the reFocus, can you describe the step you take to get to it? I recently released an update for it but I'm still working on adding the rules feature Jason just added.

westcoastbias Wrote:So from this page:

https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/tree/stable-pre

I click on the download button? I only see up to 1.2.0, there is no 2.0. Can someone help me with the link to the right page?

Try the link again. Jason just pushed 2.0 a couple of hours ago.

- boognish43 - 2011-09-08

I cant find the link for 2.0 either

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-08

boognish43 Wrote:I cant find the link for 2.0 either

He's updated the stable-pre branch but has forgotten to change the version number in the addon.xml file. If you look at the latest commits you'll notice he push version 2.0 six hours ago.

- boognish43 - 2011-09-08

sorry feeling kind of stupid right now Smile
Am i able to d/l a package or do i need to d/l each file separately?
I only see 1.2.0 in the packages

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

Sranshaft Wrote:Have you added those drives as a source in the file manager? If not, you'll need to do that first. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is. As for the bug in the reFocus, can you describe the step you take to get to it? I recently released an update for it but I'm still working on adding the rules feature Jason just added.

Try the link again. Jason just pushed 2.0 a couple of hours ago.

WOW, well at least i'm getting closer.

OK so I Add "c:\" as a source in file manager, and it will accept c:\ but no folders beneath it.

... so then I go and add the folder beneath "C:\" to the file manager (eg c:\Music vids"), I can browse and add it too.....but this time I can't press OK to add the Path to PseudoTV/TvTime.

Oo

What now? (I have no idea what this file manager is for)

- Keeper - 2011-09-08

I SEEM to have found the BUG Gents...

The folder I was trying to share was called -=° Music Videos °=-
"normal" named folders do work.

....that was most likely the problem...special charactersAngry

Thanks for helping me figure it out guys.... I'm just not sure if the bug is in PseudoTV or in XBMC itself..... Blush

- Keeper - 2011-09-09

Jason, care to explain how it works if a channel has MULTIPLE interleaving rules?

Also, using interleaving, we basically can make it use Bumpers or Commercials ! ! !
(Using a commercial channel that is hidden)

- Jason102 - 2011-09-09

Weird, I'll have to try out the special folder characters to see if I can resolve that.

Right, I'm not a fan of the commercials or bumpers myself, but interleaving allows for several possibilities, including those.

Rules are evaluated in order (for the most part, at least). If you have 2 interleave rules, then, the first one interleaves its data. After, the second interleaves into the new list that was changed by the first rule. They stack on top of each other. Keep this in mind when you're setting up the min and max values for the interleave rules.

Having the rules evaluate in order makes setting them up a bit more of a pain, but also adds flexibility. Since the goal of the rules is flexibility, I went that route.

As a note to all: version 2.0 is the latest stable-pre version. It will also be the version when it's pushed out to the official repo (when it's done). Until then, the only way to get it is to go here for the zip, or here for the tar.

- Keeper - 2011-09-09

I have some a suggestion for this awesome Plugin.

Can we remove the Scrubber at the bottom when changing channels? if not, are you able to make that option?
I just want to create the Satellite TV Experience as close as possible, and not have any Controls visible when flipping Big Grin

also don't forget to add the rule "Hide LOGO for this channel"

- RenZ0R - 2011-09-09

Speaking of logo's is it possible to have a option to use logo.png if its found in the same folder as the content?

Ie

Dir://Tv shows/Southpark/logo.png

That way i dont have to keep moving stuff around and renaming things if i update to the latest build Smile

Oh and i dont know how difficult this may be, is it possible to have a option to skip watched content, or have no repeats? I can have my southpark channel, but episodes get repeated... A lot Wink

- Jason102 - 2011-09-09

Keeper: In the addon config, if you go to the Visuals section there is an option called "Show info when changing channels"...uncheck that. Is that what you're looking for?

RenZ0R: Without an unreasonable amount of work, I don't think I can do the "channel logo in the same folder" thing. You can, though, set the channel logo folder in the addon options (again, Visuals section) so you shouldn't have to move anything around.

There will be a channel rule that will only add unwatched content. It's actually there, it just doesn't do anything right now. I can't prevent repeating, though, since the nature of the plugin requires it...after some amount of time, all shows have "played" so it starts them over in a different order.