Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Keeper - 2011-09-26

I also lost all my channels yesterday, what happened was, i pressed enter on my remote three times on pseudotv as it didnt look like it was starting...then it looked like three copies started as the loading bar went back and forth...then it lost the settings.....

Hope that helps.

- Jason102 - 2011-09-26

Did you lose all of your channels AND your settings? Does restarting PseudoTV recreate the channels?

- Jason102 - 2011-09-26

Try the latest stable-pre. I couldn't really reproduce the problem you saw (every time I tried to start the script multiple times, XBMC would crash) but I think the solution I have should work. Now I only allow a single instance to run at a time, any others will just exit.

Hopefully this will solve the problem billotronic sees as well.

exiledone1: I don't have an ATV so I can't do any testing on it, but as far as I know it should work. As Sranshaft says, it just runs Eden. Note that on that system you have to make sure that XBMC knows the information for your shows (primarily the duration) because I can't access SMB files properly to figure them out myself. This really goes for all of Eden, although I have a work-around for it on Windows.

help me please! - xkudeki - 2011-09-27

I love pseudotv. I want to make my own channels but I can't figure out how. I tried custom channel but it only gives me the option to make a new folder. I tried that but it said it wasnt valid. How can I make custom channels like say this:
Channel 20: Pirates of the Carribbean movies
Channel 21: Anime shows
and so forth. Like if I wanted a channel to do nothing but stream random cartoons or something. Thanks for any advice

- xkudeki - 2011-09-27

xkudeki Wrote:I love pseudotv. I want to make my own channels but I can't figure out how. I tried custom channel but it only gives me the option to make a new folder. I tried that but it said it wasnt valid. How can I make custom channels like say this:
and so forth. Like if I wanted a channel to do nothing but stream random cartoons or something. Thanks for any advice

One other thing, I found that I need to use smart playlists, but how do I make them exactly and where do I put them? It says in my video playlist folder, but I don't have one. I'm running windows se7en 32bit i think.

- CameronC - 2011-09-27

xkudeki Wrote:I love pseudotv. I want to make my own channels but I can't figure out how. I tried custom channel but it only gives me the option to make a new folder. I tried that but it said it wasnt valid. How can I make custom channels like say this:

For something like just cartoons you can go into the PseudoTV rules config and select a channel and set it to either TV GENRE or MIXED GENRE (depending on whether you want just cartoon shows or shows and movies) and select the genre ANIMATION. Anime is difficult, cause the default scraper doesnt differentiate between the two so all anime is also in the ANIMATION genre. So you can either find a way to add an ANIME genre and apply it to the anime shows you have (As well as removing the ANIMATION genre from them) or make a smart playlist that includes episodes from each anime show and make that its own channel.

I used to use a web interface addon called XWMN or something like that. I dont have it installed right now and cant seem to find the thread for it on the forums... I'll try and look for it again after I get back from my classes tonight... but it is a GREAT web interface that lets you easily add or remove genres (And edit any other detail you want) about shows and movies. Thats what I had used to make an Anime genre, which is quite useful. I think I ran into some issue a while back with movies having the genre sci-fi but tv shows having science fiction? And that also was annoying with Pseudotv, if you wanted to use the default MIXED GENRE channel.

I use XBMC on Linux so I'm not 100% sure where the playlist files go on Win7, Id guess in your USERNAME folder, though, then maybe xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/ ? You can either save .xsp playlist files to this folder or make them in the XBMC interface. Hope some of this was helpful :o

- xkudeki - 2011-09-27

@CameronC

thank you for your advice, I'll look it up. I just made some default channels and I'll stick with those for now. Still loving this add on.

- Keeper - 2011-09-27

xkudeki Wrote:One other thing, I found that I need to use smart playlists, but how do I make them exactly and where do I put them? It says in my video playlist folder, but I don't have one. I'm running windows se7en 32bit i think.

go into your video library, playlists, and create a new playlist.
those are stored in your userdata\playlists folder

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-27

I've started getting an issue where PTV will stop on:

5% / Exiting / Stopping Threads

When I try and close and then I get it stuck on 3% when trying to load.

I have tried deleting the cache and it starts working and loading channels back but then at some point the same thing happens.

Using the latest Pre-Eden Git version on Dharma 10.1. I upgraded to the latest version of PTV to fix current issues. I don't really want to update XBMC just yet as I have had issues with some of the latest releases.

http://pastebin.com/3XsVLtt9

Log

- Jason102 - 2011-09-27

I've seen the issue where it will freeze on exit once, but haven't been able to reproduce it since. Do you use the channel sharing feature? Does it happen every time now? You say that PTV (I like that, by the way) freezes on startup at 3% as well...does this happen only after it freezes on shutdown? Or it is just random?

There should be no reason that you have to update to Eden if you don't want to...the same version of my script will run on both version equally well (actually it runs better on Dharma).

- xkudeki - 2011-09-27

ok, so I've finally made the channels using the smart playlist template that was posted on page 170, thanks by the way, but can someone post the rule field and operator lists for the playlists?

[edit] I made the channels using this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>Griff</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="name" operator="contains">RvB</rule>
</smartplaylist>

The Red versus Blue files are named "RvB" but it never adds them. It only plays american dad which is the first series in my folders.
The same goes for trying to make a channel playing only Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Pirate TV</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="name" operator="contains">Pirates of the Caribbean</rule>
</smartplaylist>

- ijourneaux - 2011-09-28

CameronC Wrote:I think you can only accomplish this with a smart playlist. This is what my playlist looks like that makes a channel that just runs stuff that has aired within the last two weeks:

Code:
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Current TV</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="airdate" operator="inthelast">14 days</rule>
</smartplaylist>

I had the opportunity to try out the smart playlist you proposed. Installed it to the proper folder and created the channel in PsuedoTV based on the smart playlist. But the channel never updates and doesn't appear in the pseudoTV channel guide.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong.

- phsyraxion - 2011-09-28

Jason102 Wrote:I've seen the issue where it will freeze on exit once, but haven't been able to reproduce it since. Do you use the channel sharing feature? Does it happen every time now? You say that PTV (I like that, by the way) freezes on startup at 3% as well...does this happen only after it freezes on shutdown? Or it is just random?

There should be no reason that you have to update to Eden if you don't want to...the same version of my script will run on both version equally well (actually it runs better on Dharma).

After some testing, where it stops on load at 3% it says it's trying to load Channel (7 in my case) and when I checkout the cache, the Channel 7 M3U is only 8 bytes. I didn't look in the M3U file, I just deleted it and away it went.

It may be when I close PTV that it's trying to update a channel and it causes a file to become corrupt?

I am not using the "channel sharing" feature in PTV, I am using Dropbox to sync my Userdata\Addon_data folder amongst machines to keep all addons synched. I have disabled the synching to do some tests and this doesn't help.

I have had the issue happen twice and the first time when it stuck on the 5% closing I hadn't made any changes or tweaks to any systems (just been watching shows) and it just happened out the blue. Because all machines are synced, testing another machine had the same result.

- xkudeki - 2011-09-28

Ok, so i tried to make a smart playlist within xbmc and I set the rules to find the movie path. (path=is= movie path). I did this for all 4 movies I wanted to put into the playlist. I saved it and added it to the channel guide but nothing is showing up.

- CameronC - 2011-09-28

ijourneaux Wrote:I had the opportunity to try out the smart playlist you proposed. Installed it to the proper folder and created the channel in PsuedoTV based on the smart playlist. But the channel never updates and doesn't appear in the pseudoTV channel guide.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong.

As I think I just copied/pasted from my working playlist the only potential issues I can think of are obvious ones. If it's not showing up in the EPG then it seems like that means XBMC doesnt have anything that has aired that recently in its database. Other than that I don't know except I would suggest recreating the playlist in the XBMC interface just to make sure I didn't mess up something easily overlooked in the playlist. Hmmm, "14 days" works for me now using XBMC and PTV both pulled from git last night, but I think Ive always used that but maybe try changing that to "2 weeks" also. Not sure.

Quote:Ok, so i tried to make a smart playlist within xbmc and I set the rules to find the movie path. (path=is= movie path). I did this for all 4 movies I wanted to put into the playlist. I saved it and added it to the channel guide but nothing is showing up.
I think even with a PATH rule it will only look at things in your XBMC library in that path, though I assume they are already in your library? I dont think Ive had path ever work in a smart playlist but I also havent toyed with it that much. If they are in a directory by themselves then using the PseudoTV Directory Channel setting should work fine.