Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Keeper - 2011-10-30

Jason, I have a channel containing all my adverts/commercials - 70 of them
This channel seems to take a lot longer to load than others, and all i'm saying is i'm seeing a bottleneck.
It's just a directory channel like many others I have - the only difference is they are short videos, instead of long ones.

so, the bottleneck could be because they are short videos, and the EPG needs to do a lot more work, because it needs to figure out which items to hide/etc, and also draw more..
..or....
because the commercial channel is interleaved into many other channels.
i'm not sure if its fixable, im just putting it out there.

PS: thanks for adding the new [change the length of a "short" clip] option - some of my adverts were 90 secs and showing up in EPG/etc

Thanks again for the awesome awesome plugin, i've been advertising it in a local South African forum and the guys say it's the best post ever.
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/376752-A-Complete-Guide-to-creating-the-Ultimate-TV-Experience.

i'll be uploading a YouTube video of my Setup tomorrow or tuesday!

- Jason102 - 2011-10-31

Going oldest to newest:

I looked at the log for the IceLibrary problem. It appears that starting a stream actually runs a script...I'm guessing that this is causing problems. I need to just install it on my system and try it out, but I may not be able to get past this problem...

I haven't checked out the log for ATV yet, I will soon.

I've considered making a way to actually configure the keys, but I haven't actually done it yet. The key definitions are in Globals.py, and the use is in Overlay.py and EPGWindow.py. Whatever I find out from the ATV log may help you, too.

The redraw problem exists in Eden. I created a thread asking for a way around the problem, but there hasn't been a response from a dev yet.

No plans on the next release, but I do have at least a couple of things I want to put in. So just send skin updates my way whenever you have them and I'll put them in.

Yea, I've seen a bottleneck when a playlist has only small videos. I think that it's just the pure number of stored videos that's the problem. I'll have to do some profiling in order to fix it. So no solution for you yet, but I'm looking into it.

- zepfan - 2011-10-31

Jason102 Wrote:I've considered making a way to actually configure the keys, but I haven't actually done it yet. The key definitions are in Globals.py, and the use is in Overlay.py and EPGWindow.py. Whatever I find out from the ATV log may help you, too.
Cool, I'll check into it, thanks.

Jason102 Wrote:The redraw problem exists in Eden. I created a thread asking for a way around the problem, but there hasn't been a response from a dev yet.
Bah, it's driving me nuts! Sad

- Keeper - 2011-10-31

Jason102 Wrote:Yea, I've seen a bottleneck when a playlist has only small videos. I think that it's just the pure number of stored videos that's the problem. I'll have to do some profiling in order to fix it. So no solution for you yet, but I'm looking into it.

It's stange though...it only has 70 videos, and the channel doesn't even show in the EPG. All my other channels have a lot more videos too

The program you wrote for windows to equalize sound is awesome, but is it possible to code this inside of PseudoTV?
The reason is, a lot of us are using OpenELEC...

- Daavid - 2011-10-31

Wow, looking forward to seeing if you have any joy with the IceLibrary plugin. It would be awesome if that could be pulled into PTV.

- Amelandbor - 2011-10-31

Great plugin. But is there a way to bring up the menu when a file is playing. I've searched the thread but haven't found the right answer. I would like to be able to download subtitles during playback.

- Jason102 - 2011-10-31

Quote:It's stange though...it only has 70 videos, and the channel doesn't even show in the EPG. All my other channels have a lot more videos too

It's not only 70 videos in the playlist, though. PseudoTV expands that out to make sure that it has at least 5 days or a maximum 4096 entries in the playlist. Additionally, it could have up to 2 days of old entries (although 4096 is still the max). So there could be a shitload of videos in the channel playlist. I'm trying to see if there is some way that i can optimize the loading of those big playlists...

Quote:The program you wrote for windows to equalize sound is awesome, but is it possible to code this inside of PseudoTV?
The reason is, a lot of us are using OpenELEC...

Glad you like it, I actually figured that no one used it. I can't put it inside of PseudoTV because I can't get the currently playing volume from the script. Well, I could, but I would have to hook into the windows api, so it would still be platform specific...plus a big pain in my ass in order to actually do that. By the way, make sure you're using version 1.3, it does a better job of smoothing out volume transitions.

Quote:is there a way to bring up the menu when a file is playing

Press 'm' to bring up the OSD.

- Keeper - 2011-10-31

Hey, I've created a Demo video of my PseudoTV Setup in Action!
you may use it in the OP of the thread or your blog, if you feel like it. Laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BZ-lhKW2s

(I can also post my channel setup if anyone wants it.)

- ComputerCarl - 2011-11-01

Keeper Wrote:Hey, I've created a Demo video of my PseudoTV Setup in Action!
you may use it in the OP of the thread or your blog, if you feel like it. Laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2BZ-lhKW2s

(I can also post my channel setup if anyone wants it.)

That's awesome. Please post your config, PLEASE. Thanks.

Just read your guide over at http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/376752-A-Complete-Guide-to-creating-the-Ultimate-TV-Experience./page6? and I have to say, it is a good guide.

- SandmanCL - 2011-11-02

Keeper Wrote:Hey, I've created a Demo video of my PseudoTV Setup in Action!

Very cool, please share your config and channels. Are all the channels pre-recorded shows or are the live / streaming channels in there ?

Edit: nevermind this question:
What hardware is powering this experience ?

... since I see in your mybroadband.co.za post that all of this is is running on a pretty basic system which is very impressive !
I guess the primary source of slowness for me is that my ATV2 is a thin client pulling all media from a Linux server via smb.

- SandmanCL - 2011-11-02

Is there a way to include live TV via for example the HDHomeRun into the channel setups ? A channel from HDHomeRun is streamed via hdhomerun://x.x.x.x/some?channel:meta&data and be played via a .strm file.

But of course simply offering playback of those streams would mess with the PseudoTV experience unless there a channel guide for each channel was fetched to show the program info on the OSD and in the Guide.

- Keeper - 2011-11-02

All my stuff is on the HP NAS, 5TB worth.

Most of the channels are smart playlists, which are shared on the link i posted.

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-03

did the latest nightly break ptv? getting "unable to populate channels" error and i've double checked to make sure my library is still set and scanned! any help? btw i'm running the newest stable-pre ptv

- Amelandbor - 2011-11-03

Jason102 Wrote:Press 'm' to bring up the OSD.

I use a remote to control XBMC. But when I press menu it reacts as exit and exit also reacts to exit. I've tried to use the download subtitles button which I've programmed to the blue button, but then it brings me to mypictures screen with the video menu on top.
Also I think it's weird that all directional buttons react instead of only the channel up and down buttons and the guide button doesn't bring up the guide.

Also lately I have no background image anymore with reFocus, I only see text when pressing the info button and when I go to the guide I'm missing also the blue background image.

- zepfan - 2011-11-03

Amelandbor Wrote:I use a remote to control XBMC. But when I press menu it reacts as exit and exit also reacts to exit. I've tried to use the download subtitles button which I've programmed to the blue button, but then it brings me to mypictures screen with the video menu on top.
Also I think it's weird that all directional buttons react instead of only the channel up and down buttons and the guide button doesn't bring up the guide.

Also lately I have no background image anymore with reFocus, I only see text when pressing the info button and when I go to the guide I'm missing also the blue background image.

Yea, I've always had the exact problem with the remote, I've got WMC remote using Lirc. It's a configuration bug with the remote/xbmc, because if I open any xbmc remote app on my Ipad, the menu button works fine.

For reFocus, are you running a nightly?