Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- mwkurt - 2011-11-15

Jason,

I have a request and was wondering if it was doable?

You currently have the ability to schedule a show at a certain time...great stuff!
However, would it be possible to make PTV be able to schedule,instead of a certain show or movie...a playlist?
Say..if one wanted to create a playlist of 4 or 5 tv shows to play every night at 8:00pm. Using the channel rules, we could maybe enter a time and a playlist. This would then play the 4 or 5 shows at the specified time and then go back to the original channel playlist or settings after the 4 or 5 shows were finished playing.
Carrying this concept a step further....it would be nice if we could schedule a playlist at a certain time as well on a certain day.
Any way to do put any of this on your "todo" list. Is it even possible?

Thanks,
Mark

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-15

mwkurt Wrote:Jason,

I have a request and was wondering if it was doable?

You currently have the ability to schedule a show at a certain time...great stuff!
However, would it be possible to make PTV be able to schedule,instead of a certain show or movie...a playlist?
Say..if one wanted to create a playlist of 4 or 5 tv shows to play every night at 8:00pm. Using the channel rules, we could maybe enter a time and a playlist. This would then play the 4 or 5 shows at the specified time and then go back to the original channel playlist or settings after the 4 or 5 shows were finished playing.
Carrying this concept a step further....it would be nice if we could schedule a playlist at a certain time as well on a certain day.
Any way to do put any of this on your "todo" list. Is it even possible?

Thanks,
Mark

I'm pretty sure their is a schedule creator built into the channel editor...

- Jason102 - 2011-11-15

That's exactly how the scheduler works. You schedule a channel (which can be a smart playlist type) to play at a time on specific days of the week and for a certain count (4 or 5 shows). Everything you're asking for is possible right now.

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-15

@Jason102, dumb question, but I haven't found an answer in the forum...
I'm trying to create a custom playlist... the playlist works in xbmc... I named it channel_50 and it is placed in my playlist directory, I went to channel 50 in the editor and set it up for custom playlist... when I build channels it skips channel 50? what am I doing wrong?

- Jason102 - 2011-11-15

If you have channels that will load right away and don't require updating, then PseudoTV will just start playing and load that other channel in the background. Do you get a notification when video starts playing that it's loading channels? If so, wait a bit and see if channel 50 is added (another notification should pop up).

- mwkurt - 2011-11-15

Jason102 Wrote:That's exactly how the scheduler works. You schedule a channel (which can be a smart playlist type) to play at a time on specific days of the week and for a certain count (4 or 5 shows). Everything you're asking for is possible right now.

Cool...didn't realize this. You da' man!

Thanks,
Mark

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-15

Jason102 Wrote:If you have channels that will load right away and don't require updating, then PseudoTV will just start playing and load that other channel in the background. Do you get a notification when video starts playing that it's loading channels? If so, wait a bit and see if channel 50 is added (another notification should pop up).

All channels that are setup in the editor are built, but any playlist channels are skipped, at first I thought it was my playlist... but i've checked it and it runs fine in xbmc... so in my case channel_50 is skipped and channels 1-49, 51-75 are built...

- Jason102 - 2011-11-15

Can you send me a debug log?

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-15

Jason102 Wrote:Can you send me a debug log?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12306846/xbmc%20ptv%20channel_50.xml

- mwkurt - 2011-11-15

Lunatixz Wrote:All channels that are setup in the editor are built, but any playlist channels are skipped, at first I thought it was my playlist... but i've checked it and it runs fine in xbmc... so in my case channel_50 is skipped and channels 1-49, 51-75 are built...

Could you possibly post an example of a playlist that isn't working?

Mark

- Lunatixz - 2011-11-15

mwkurt Wrote:Could you possibly post an example of a playlist that isn't working?

Mark

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>Channel_50</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTrek_TV</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTrek_Movies</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>StarTrek_TV</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Deep Space Nine</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Enterprise</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: The Next Generation</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Voyager</rule>
<order direction="ascending">season</order>
</smartplaylist>

<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>StarTrek_Movies</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">Star Trek</rule>
<order direction="descending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>

- distracto - 2011-11-15

i've tried to search through here, but turned up no results and i'm pretty sure it has been covered somewhere but is there a way to keep the script from showing episodes of shows beyond the last one watched? for example if i have watched all episodes of mad men up to season xx episode yy, it would be great if PTV would then populate itself in order from season xx epidsode yy+1, +2, +3 etc.... i would rather not scan through channels and end up watching an episode 5 past what i am on....

however random episodes of shows like the simpsons or other non story based shows would be fine

i hope this makes sense?

- mwkurt - 2011-11-15

Lunatixz Wrote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>Channel_50</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTrek_TV</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTrek_Movies</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>StarTrek_TV</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Deep Space Nine</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Enterprise</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: The Next Generation</rule>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Star Trek: Voyager</rule>
<order direction="ascending">season</order>
</smartplaylist>

<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>StarTrek_Movies</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="title" operator="contains">Star Trek</rule>
<order direction="descending">title</order>
</smartplaylist>

Hello,

Include .xsp on your playlist:

<rule field="playlist" operator="is">StarTrek_TV.xsp</rule>

For the second one...I don't know..maybe try:

<order direction="ascending">date aired</order>

of course you can use the channel rules to get the shows to play in order, so you don't really need this rule.

I am stumped on the third one.

Mark

- mwkurt - 2011-11-15

distracto Wrote:i've tried to search through here, but turned up no results and i'm pretty sure it has been covered somewhere but is there a way to keep the script from showing episodes of shows beyond the last one watched? for example if i have watched all episodes of mad men up to season xx episode yy, it would be great if PTV would then populate itself in order from season xx epidsode yy+1, +2, +3 etc.... i would rather not scan through channels and end up watching an episode 5 past what i am on....

however random episodes of shows like the simpsons or other non story based shows would be fine

i hope this makes sense?

This may be what you want:

Always Keep Paused - Don't want to miss an episode of The Big Bang Theory? Make sure that if you're not watching it, it stays paused. This rule goes great with the "Play shows in order" and "Force resume" rules!

This means that whenever you turn on PTV, it will be at the place where you left off.

Mark

- mwkurt - 2011-11-15

Jason,

Another question...IN the channel rules there are two rules that I have a question about if they are used together.

Play TV Shows in Order

and

Force Random

What happens if both of these are used?

Thanks,
Mark