Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- RockDawg - 2011-12-21

tommymsw Wrote:Thank you, It was not a problem for me so much (although I will use it) as I was just pointing it out to you. If there will be a bunch of people switching to XBMC 11 and at least at first using the confluence skin, I figured your add-on may be more easily accepted as a "video" add-on than a "program" add-on. I am just thinking of a novice user setting up XBMC 11 for the first time and what would be easiest for them.

I would consider this a MUST HAVE add-on especially for the novice user.

P.S. That worked but it is still not quite as cool looking as the other add-ons that have their own icon and show up across videos/movies/television. And to me... I think your add-on would be way cooler there than the "you tube" and "National Geographic" ones i have there now!

You have me confused with Jason102. He developed PTV, not me. I'm just a grateful user of PTV.

- ComputerCarl - 2011-12-21

Anyone else having this issue in the latest GIT build? Say its 9:37, and the EPG shows that the show started at 9:30. When I select it, it doesn't start at 7 minutes into the show, it starts ~10 seconds into the show...

Never mind, I must have been smoking crack, it doesn't work that way...

- wyild1 - 2011-12-21

mcorcoran Wrote:wyild1, I had the same issue with Openelec 1.0.2 and PsuedoTV 2.0. The only version of PsuedoTV I could get to work with it was 1.2.1, which works with out a problem, If you need it I might still have a zip file of it somewhere.

I recently updated one of my Openelec to a pre-eden development build (http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-eden/) which corrected the problem with PsuedoTV v2.0. I also stopped using samba to access my files and instead use this autostart method (http://www.openelec.tv/forum/14-general-help-and-support/11391-netmountconf-is-ditched-in-new-eden-how-to-set-sambacifs-shares) which may or may not have any effect but I think something about the samba shares was creating a problem. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I have upgraded to Devel of openelec and pseudotv 2.0.0 is working properly.

- ComputerCarl - 2011-12-22

Ok, Question... If I have a playlist that contains ISOs with menus, they play fine, but I cannot navigate within the menu, up or down and channel up or channel down just change the channel, they do not let me navigate the dvd menu, and select just brings up the guide, it doesnt select the menu item. Other than using the next chapter button ( > ) is there any way to navigate these from inside PTV?

- RockDawg - 2011-12-22

Jason102 Wrote:RockDawg: I imagine this is the crappy SMB problem. There may actually be something I can do about this particular case (shared channel data) but I'll have to think about it a bit more.

I've actually managed to figure out a work around for both the playlist and shared channels issues. I copied both the \playlists\ and \addon_data\script.pseudotv\ folders to my NAS and I mounted them both to all my machines via NFS. Now I can access the playlists on all the OpenELEC (Linux) machines to create channels, and any channel I create on one machine is shared to all the others. In my limited testing, it is working without flaw. Hopefully I won't come across a gotcha.

Either way, if you have the time and a plan, it would still be better IMHO to find a more elegant solution than to have to create these mount points.

- danshometheater - 2011-12-22

wyild1, I would love a copy of 1.2.1 to try out.
I can't get 2.0 to work on my openelec setup. I downloaded 1.2.1 from somewhere else, then went throught the trouble of deleting 2.0 off my setup, ssh'd in and deleted all traces of ptv (i think). Installed the old 1.2.1 and it showed up as 2.0 again. Not sure if it was a mislabelled file or what, so it would be nice to get one from a reliable source.
If you can dig it up, that would be awesome. Thanks.

- mmartell - 2011-12-23

@jason, are we still in Feature Request mode ?

When the guide is accessed the user has the ability to go forward AND backward in time. I suggest restricting the user to current/future events. This would allow a neat feature I think. When the left arrow is pressed (when the user is at current time slot) a scroll bar appears to the left of the channel names. This can be used to force Page up/down of entire channel blocks. Also, one more press to the left could invoke an iOS inspired three number click wheel allowing for direct channel input.

You might guess I'm using PTV on an ATV Smile As the remote is button-sparse it might be an elegant way to add functionality to it.

Mike

- mmartell - 2011-12-23

Also I'm confused by the version numbering system. Are v1.x for Dharma and v2.x for Eden ?

Also-also I searched this thread for references to Livestreams and read the reason they aren't supported is because the length cannot be ascertained. By definition these channels would be single-item entities (namely the contents of that stream), couldn't the guide for that channel be built as one un-ending block ?

Thanks
Mike

- tommymsw - 2011-12-23

Hey everybody... Does this app play the exact same shows at the same time on the same channel every day? Or does it mix it up each day? Or do I have to use "Force channel reset at start up" to get a different lie-up each day?

- wints - 2011-12-23

Guys been trying to install this but dont know what ive done (big newbie to all this) but the epg has picked up all my movie data base :confused2: see pic to see what i mean

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any help to sort this out would be most appreciated

- Sranshaft - 2011-12-23

tommymsw Wrote:Hey everybody... Does this app play the exact same shows at the same time on the same channel every day? Or does it mix it up each day? Or do I have to use "Force channel reset at start up" to get a different lie-up each day?

It should pick up enough shows to create a 5 day schedule. There are rules you can apply in the channel configuration window to specify specific times a TV show should play if that's desired. If you have it set to Background Update and Choose when to update set to automatic, you should never have to touch the "Force channel reset at start up" option.

wints Wrote:Guys been trying to install this but dont know what ive done (big newbie to all this) but the epg has picked up all my movie data base :confused2: see pic to see what i mean

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any help to sort this out would be most appreciated

You didn't do anything wrong and what your seeing are the default, built-in channels. You should be able to use the add-on setting window to manually delete any channels you don't want.

- wints - 2011-12-23

Cheers for the reply mate, thought i had messed it up lol

- tommymsw - 2011-12-23

Ok... any reason why my channel guide is black but the example shots on here are blue? My UI looks different. I am using Eden with the Confluence skin if that matters?

- Sranshaft - 2011-12-24

tommymsw Wrote:Ok... any reason why my channel guide is black but the example shots on here are blue? My UI looks different. I am using Eden with the Confluence skin if that matters?

The Confluence skin has its own PseudoTV skin. The blue one shown in the last image is the default skin.

So depending on the skin you're using in XBMC and if that skin has an associated skin in PseudoTV, the way PseudoTV looks will change but the underlying behaviour of PseudoTV will always be the same.

- dsync89 - 2011-12-24

Hmm the audio problem is still not fixed for Mac OS? The 'glitch' sound is annoying (not to speak it might damage the speaker also) and then the sound is muted whenever I tried to switch from one channel to the next. No issues on Windows as far as I know.