Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- tommymsw - 2011-12-29

RenZ0R Wrote:I think you click add source, then choose playlists, from there its all pretty simple Smile

Go it. Thanks. You have to add "Playlists" as a path. (A blank path), then you finally have the "New Smart Playlist" option

- john.doe - 2011-12-29

Could we possibly use regular, non-smart playlists with the Custom Playlist option? Reason being, I compile a daily .m3u file of adult swim's schedule with VLC (drag and drop, save playlist - no option to save as .xsp) and, given that I already have everything they've ever aired, I can do my nightly routines like it's actually on in the background. I then interleave a bump channel with everything from bumpworthy.com on a 1:1 ratio and it's almost like my cable company carries the channel again!

Or am I missing a simple reason why we can only use smart playlists? I've tried going the route of generating a channel with the bumps interleaved (which comes out as an .m3u) and then manually going in and replacing the shows, leaving the bumps interleaved, but it's a dirty workaround at best.

- tommymsw - 2011-12-29

Well I made my playlists and am quite happy. Thank you.

HOWEVER... I still stand by the fact that a "Year" "before" and "after" filter would be a good idea in the PTV app for the following reason.

I love the ABC, NBC, etc channels. But I hate that it includes all my "classic" TV in them and it takes away from that live TV feel. Because of this, I have to make a Smart Playlist for EVERY channel in PTV now.

This is the ONLY improvement I can see in an otherwise PERFECT App.

It bummed me out that because I don't want my "classic" TV mixed with my "Modern" TV that EVERY channel PTV auto generates is not useful for me.

Obviously I must be the only person who cares about this so I suppose it will stay this way! lol

Still the best app out there though!

- TheFonz - 2011-12-29

Worked for me a couple of times and now when I try and run Pseudo TV from a custom menu from the main screen it gets to the point of saying buffering and then just stalls there. Any Ideas? Uninstalled/Reinstalled - didn't work. Deleted the script from the addons folder - didn't work. Still stalls.

The only way to get back to XBMC is to end task and reopen XBMC.

Cheers

- mmartell - 2011-12-29

tommymsw Wrote:Well I made my playlists and am quite happy. Thank you.

HOWEVER... I still stand by the fact that a "Year" "before" and "after" filter would be a good idea in the PTV app for the following reason.

I love the ABC, NBC, etc channels. But I hate that it includes all my "classic" TV in them and it takes away from that live TV feel. Because of this, I have to make a Smart Playlist for EVERY channel in PTV now.

This is the ONLY improvement I can see in an otherwise PERFECT App.

This can already be done as well I think. You simply add one more rule. If you wanted to narrow down to only those shows during the 1980's you have one rule stating Year After/1979 and another rule stating Year Before/1990.

Done

- icedtrip - 2011-12-29

jmj52 Wrote:I have been having an issue since updating to the beta 11. I have ver 2.0 of PseudoTV and when I setup a channel based off of a TV Show that is scanned into the XBMC library it will only work on 2 of the 4 channels. All of the shows appear properly in the library mode. All other channel types seem to be working perfectly. It does try to scan for channels 3 and 4 at startup. But, they never appear in the guide. Tried removing shows and re-adding them to library. Reinstalling PseudoTV. Adding the shows on another channel number. Nothing worked. TIA

http://pastebin.com/KmwwaW0W

I had this problem too, but think I figured out why it is happening. Maybe Jason can explain why this would be happening.

I recently had to completely re-scan my entire library, and this is when I started having the problems. In the process of getting everything set back up properly, I went in and just flagged all the necessary shows and seasons as watched, but didn't actually go into the season folders. Since I didn't go into the season folder, XBMC never scanned the individual episodes to build its metadata. These are the shows/episodes that never showed up. It also explains why only the most recent episodes of some shows were playing (I had only gone into the most recent season's folder since my rebuild, not past seasons).

Jason, does this make sense? Will I need to go into each season's folders for all my TV Shows for XBMC to scan for metadata?

- given150 - 2011-12-29

Hello, I'm new on this site as well as new to XMBC i have installed this addon on ATV2, However when i attempt to stream channels i get an error unable to populate ( please ensure that media lib has been scraped.) Not sure what this means. I have been fiddling around with this addon but no luck in getting it to work as it should. Is there something I'm missing? has anyone encounter the same problems? if so is there any solution or steps i havent taken that you all can advise ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

- tommymsw - 2011-12-30

mmartell Wrote:This can already be done as well I think. You simply add one more rule. If you wanted to narrow down to only those shows during the 1980's you have one rule stating Year After/1979 and another rule stating Year Before/1990.

Done

You mean in the smart playlist? Yes... I did that to get my desired results.
My point was that because I have so much media from classic (nostalgia) stuff to modern stuff that I actually watch regularly, that I can't use any of the auto generated channels that PTV makes. I am stuck making ALL custom playlists.

I would think many XBMC users would be like me where you have shows you watch and then probably some shows that you have for nostalgia.

Takes me out of the mood when I watch the CBS channel watching "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a half men" and then "The Munsters" comes on.

Would be cool is CBS was all modern shows from CBS and I could have a "Classics" channel for all the old stuff.

I now have to make a smart playlist for abc,cbs,nbc, sci fi, etc.... EVERY channel that PTV made, i have to replace.

Just thought there may me a lot of people out there like me with similar media on their systems and by adding ONE option into PTV, this would prevent people from having to make a smart playlist for every channel that PTV makes.

Any Help? - Naughty_FeLiX - 2011-12-30

Jason

Any comments on the below?

Naughty_FeLiX Wrote:G'day all

I am new to this PTV addon and would like to know;

1. can i add additional TV channel sources?
2. where can i find additional channel sources information and configurations?

Cheers,
Felix

Any Help? - Naughty_FeLiX - 2011-12-30

Jason

Naughty_FeLiX Wrote:Hi All

I have searched hi and low and whilst i have found mentioned that the issue with using the menu button to exit - it doesn't work on an Apple TV2 and i was wondering is there a simply config file i can install or create to address this as it is driving me nuts!

I have PTV installed on my HTPC and it works a treat but that is in another room and i am looking to replace it with an ATV in the future once i get all the bits working that i like to use.

Cheers
Felix

- bolex17 - 2011-12-30

Naughty_FeLiX Wrote:Jason

bolex17 Wrote:Hrmm.. Having the same 'Menu' key problem as every ATV2 user.

Is there a temporary fix at the moment by remapping the keys?

Really love this plugin but the remote bug makes it not very usable.Sad

Dirty Fix.

Quick dirty fix atm is to change your
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">Back</button>
to
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>

in joystick.AppleRemote.xml

Please search properly next time. :p

- Jason102 - 2011-12-30

Quote:Jason

1. can i add additional TV channel sources?
2. where can i find additional channel sources information and configurations?

This addon only works with media you have, and have scrapped (for the most part). There are no "sources" to add.

blast of static when switching channel - mat____ - 2011-12-30

Is anyone else having a problem where there's a loud blast of static when switching to a new 'channel'?
Happens to me every time, any only with this script. Short full volume noise, like 1 tenth of a second.

Eden Beta1 on a macbook pro running OSX10.7
Thanks.

- Jason102 - 2011-12-30

Can someone that has the sound popping issue try the latest stable-pre? I put in something that may or may not help with it...

- mat____ - 2011-12-30

My installed version was 2.0.0 so I downloaded Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v2-1.0.0-4-gaefbea4 and installed manually. The installed version still shows as 2.0.0 though.
I cant actually test if anything changed as I'm doing this from work and cant hear the tv!

EDIT: Yeah ok, My mistake! Downloaded the wrong branch. Trying Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v1.0.0-185-g1a2a4b7 ....