Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-23, 23:46)betobma3 Wrote: i still have problems with my "smart playlist", i cant insert in ptv, i tried everything, today i uninstall and remove xbmc and i have the same issue with my playlist channels, they didnt work!

i run w7, xbmc final eden, and ptv 2.1.0, (i tried with 2.0.0 and its the same)

definitely I'm doing something wrong, i enter in channels list, add channel, select my playlist, and then the ok button not work and the channel no work

You know what... I have offered to help you and have asked you numerous times to show us what your playlists look like along with some other pertinant questions. If you can't bother to help us help you, why should we bother anymore? If you really still need some help with your smart playlist, please go to the previous page and answer the questions I have asked of you as well as posting one of your playlists that does not work.

Mark
(2012-07-24, 08:58)gonzo90017 Wrote: I'm having an issue with a movie channel I made using smart playlists. Whenever the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakel" appears, it stays on the guide for 26 hrs straight. I've already clicked on "reset channel on next start" numerous times. Yet everytime that one movie comes up it stays on the guide for 26 hrs.

This is what my playlist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Starz</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Animation</rule>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Family</rule>
<rule field="mpaarating" operator="isnot">r</rule>
</smartplaylist>

The movie is a .vob file. Don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

EDIT:
Just before posting I deleted the playlist and made a new one.
I still have the same issue with the movie showing up in the guide for 26hrs straight.

First thing first....how are you making your playlist? Are you making it within XBMC or are you using a text editor? If you are just using a text editor, I suggest that you go into XBMC and make your playlist from within the playlist menu. Start out with one rule such as "<rule field="genre" operator="is">Animation</rule>", see what you get when you select this playlist from within XBMC. If this gets you all of your movies that have the genre of "Animation", then add your other rules, one at a time to see where you lose all of your movies. If your playlist works within XBMC, it should work within PTV the same way. When and if you find where you lose your movies, you can troubleshoot your problem further from there. Let us know what you find.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-24, 11:25)scilz Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 01:34)norax Wrote: Is there an easy way to increase the number of channels beyond 200?

I see that Jason mentioned he was going to do it in this post...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1060041#pid1060041

...and it sounds like its an easy change. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

i would love to know this also ive asked but got no response

Are you guys who want more than 200 channels using the official released version of PTV or the stable-pre version? I don't know for sure, but it may be in the stable-pre version that Jason has inplemented this.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - norax - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-24, 13:14)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 11:25)scilz Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 01:34)norax Wrote: Is there an easy way to increase the number of channels beyond 200?

I see that Jason mentioned he was going to do it in this post...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1060041#pid1060041

...and it sounds like its an easy change. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

i would love to know this also ive asked but got no response

Are you guys who want more than 200 channels using the official released version of PTV or the stable-pre version? I don't know for sure, but it may be in the stable-pre version that Jason has inplemented this.

Mark

I tried using pre-stable but had no luck getting it to work. My solution was to edit the config.py file and change two lines from 200 to 999 as per Jason's commit in pre-stable. That seems to have worked for me.

For those interesting here is the 200 to 999 channel modification Jason has in pre-stable.

I have another weird question. Channels numbers above 99 show up as just "..." Am I doing something wrong or did I run into a weird bug? Also anything playing on my music video directory channel shows up as "..." as well because each video is so short. Is there any way to have something more aesthetically pleasing listed?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-24, 12:45)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 23:46)betobma3 Wrote: i still have problems with my "smart playlist", i cant insert in ptv, i tried everything, today i uninstall and remove xbmc and i have the same issue with my playlist channels, they didnt work!

definitely I'm doing something wrong, i enter in channels list, add channel, select my playlist, and then the ok button not work and the channel no work

You know what... I have offered to help you and have asked you numerous times to show us what your playlists look like along with some other pertinant questions. If you can't bother to help us help you, why should we bother anymore? If you really still need some help with your smart playlist, please go to the previous page and answer the questions I have asked of you as well as posting one of your playlists that does not work.

Mark
(2012-07-24, 08:58)gonzo90017 Wrote: I'm having an issue with a movie channel I made using smart playlists. Whenever the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakel" appears, it stays on the guide for 26 hrs straight. I've already clicked on "reset channel on next start" numerous times. Yet everytime that one movie comes up it stays on the guide for 26 hrs.

<name>Starz</name>
<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>

The movie is a .vob file. Don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

EDIT:
I still have the same issue with the movie showing up in the guide for 26hrs straight.

First thing first....how are you making your playlist? Are you making it within XBMC or are you using a text editor? If you are just using a text editor, I suggest that you go into XBMC and make your playlist from within the playlist menu. Start out with one rule such as "<rule field="genre" operator="is">Animation</rule>", see what you get when you select this playlist from within XBMC. If this gets you all of your movies that have the genre of "Animation", then add your other rules, one at a time to see where you lose all of your movies. If your playlist works within XBMC, it should work within PTV the same way. When and if you find where you lose your movies, you can troubleshoot your problem further from there. Let us know what you find.

Mark

I make the playlists using XBMC> Videos> Playlists> New Smart playlists. I only use 3 rules. Genre is Animation, Genres is Family and MPAA Rating is not R and have the playlist follow "all of the rules". I then select this playlist and make it into a channel by selecting the playlist in the channel configuration.

The problem is not that movies in this playlist are not showing up because they do. The problem is that when the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks" shows up it stays on the guide/epg for 26hrs straight. This only happens with this 1 movie. Other movies on this playlist show up on the guide for only the lenght of the movie. I even tried setting the rule "Even Show Distribution" to "1" inside this channel Channel configuration to see if it would solve it but it didn't work. By the way. I make sure I reset the channel every time after making any changes.

I'll give using 1 rule at a time a try to see if this is causing it.

(2012-07-24, 21:29)gonzo90017 Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 12:45)mwkurt Wrote:

Mark

<name>Starz</name>
<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>

EDIT:

Mark

I make the playlists using XBMC> Videos> Playlists> New Smart playlists. I only use 3 rules. Genre is Animation, Genres is Family and MPAA Rating is not R and have the playlist follow "all of the rules". I then select this playlist and make it into a channel by selecting the playlist in the channel configuration.

The problem is not that movies in this playlist are not showing up because they do. The problem is that when the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks" shows up it stays on the guide/epg for 26hrs straight. This only happens with this 1 movie. Other movies on this playlist show up on the guide for only the lenght of the movie. I even tried setting the rule "Even Show Distribution" to "1" inside this channel Channel configuration to see if it would solve it but it didn't work. By the way. I make sure I reset the channel every time after making any changes.

I'll give using 1 rule at a time a try to see if this is causing it.

Okay...are the other movies that show up good in vob form or are they ripped to another container? If they are not vob, then it appears as if PTV might have trouble with whole dvds. Seems to me you have a couple of options. Rip your dvd and create an mkv or avi file of Alvin and the chipmunks or exlude this movie from your playlist.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - norax - 2012-07-25

(2012-07-24, 12:15)Idgeinc Wrote: My response is a bit offtopic but, since i'm new to this addon, I would love to know what your channel-list looks atm (seeing that you populated 200 channels). Any chance you could post it for my pleasure?

Actually I only have about 80 channels running, but then there are an additional 150 hidden channels at the bottom used for interleaving. Its a bit complicated and I would love to know a better way to do this!

Here is a link to my channel lineup: PseudoTV_Lineup.xlsx

The first page is the lineup and the second page is the technicals of how the channels are configured.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-07-25

Quote:Okay...are the other movies that show up good in vob form or are they ripped to another container? If they are not vob, then it appears as if PTV might have trouble with whole dvds. Seems to me you have a couple of options. Rip your dvd and create an mkv or avi file of Alvin and the chipmunks or exlude this movie from your playlist.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Mark
I had a feeling it had something to do with the .vob files. I rechecked the guide and noticed that another one of the vob's (I have just a few) has the same issue. I want to avoid converting them since being dvd's they're already low quality as it is. I will convert them to .iso files to see if that works.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - D-MaxPWR - 2012-07-25

(2012-06-20, 12:16)Jason102 Wrote: D-MaxPWR: try out the latest stable-pre. Set the new channel delay setting and see if that fixes the pops.

Didn't work with any of the times some just made it worse.

(2012-07-13, 20:40)D-MaxPWR Wrote: Is it possible to copy over my channel setup to other computers with XBMC/PseudoTV? I want to just move my channel setup from current laptop to new htpc? Just need a location of said files or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone...?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Idgeinc - 2012-07-25

(2012-07-25, 00:15)norax Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 12:15)Idgeinc Wrote: My response is a bit offtopic but, since i'm new to this addon, I would love to know what your channel-list looks atm (seeing that you populated 200 channels). Any chance you could post it for my pleasure?

Actually I only have about 80 channels running, but then there are an additional 150 hidden channels at the bottom used for interleaving. Its a bit complicated and I would love to know a better way to do this!

Here is a link to my channel lineup: PseudoTV_Lineup.xlsx

The first page is the lineup and the second page is the technicals of how the channels are configured.

Thanks, that actually gave me a few good ideas on how to improve my own channellisting Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - norax - 2012-07-25

Is there any way to get a Directory channel to play in order? I have a lot of sporting events named like this..

2012-04-22-Sporting_Event_Name.avi
2012-05-14-Sporting_Event_Name.avi
2012-05-29-Sporting_Event_Name.avi

and I'd like them to play in order but no matter what I select its always random.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - betobma3 - 2012-07-26

thanks for the help guys! y read all the answers and tips

My playlist are fine, i use xbmc smart playlist menu to create my own playlist, they run ok before i tried to share the channels.

well, i have my playlist channels runing again, but.... i create the channels with de pseudo tv manager program, no with ptv, ptv channel manager still fail with my playlists!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - creativeflip - 2012-07-31

I just found out about this, I made a thread earlier suggesting that someone made this although my idea had more features.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137279

I suggested that you could had Youtube Channels as source so they be placed among the content of a channel. So, if you like nature content, you could have both BBC's documentaries that you own or online videos from youtube.
Also, it'll be great if you could schedule a channel to place, for example, every new "Frediew" video into the 9p.m. schedule.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-08-01

I second this. But instead of Channels, RSS Feeds. You can get just about any content that's on youtube using RSS feeds.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thrak76 - 2012-08-01

(2012-07-31, 18:26)creativeflip Wrote: Also, it'll be great if you could schedule a channel to place, for example, every new "Frediew" video into the 9p.m. schedule.

From what I understand, this is what the "Best-effort scheduling" channel rule attempts to do.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Keeper - 2012-08-02

Jason, apparently the new XBMC Audio Engine has full support for ReplayGain.... does this mean we will have audio volume "normalized" with PseudoTV soon?