Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dlblank - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-07, 03:09)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 21:53)jackandjohn Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 20:14)mwkurt Wrote: However, Jason has recently said that he has implemented some kind of fix for the EPG scrolling slowdown that will only work with the current nightlies that will eventually be Frodo. You may want to try a nightly and PTV, I think the "Latest Developement version". I think that will also give you up to 999 channels.
I would like to know if anyone is using PTV and a Frodo nightly and if the EPG slowness issue has been resolved to where it is usable.

I know the fix you're mentioning, and at least for me on the latest nightlies of everything, it does not fix the EPG slowdowns. Infact, it made the guide a bit slower.
This may not translate to Merc33's setup, since I'm using XBMC on a Raspberry Pi with a teeny 850Mhz of cpu cycles.

Essentially, with Eden, they depreciated the way that PTV was using in order to display the guide, and the XBMC devs pointed Jason towards a new function that they built for displaying on top of video. It does not seem tuned for this type of display, however.

Testing, and working together, I know there's a solution that's going to make it a crazy idea /not/ to install PseudoTV

Thanks for the info. Glad I am still with Dharma. My wife would never go for an EPG that craws.

I wish the devs would simply reinstate whatever it was they deprecated. They have to know that they have @#$%^ up the best plugin for XBMC, IMHO.

Mark

Im running Frodo / 12 alpha 2 and the EPG is moving very quickly and snappy. Its not perfect but its about as fast as I have ever seen with dharma. I did a clean install of Eden / 11 when it went final. Then I simply installed 12 alpha 2 when it was released. Nothing special done.

I should add my version of pseudo should be whatever the latest 2.1.0 was when Eden went final.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Quiksmage - 2012-08-08

you're using the latest non-nightly version of pseudotv right? Easiest way to check your channel sharing settings is to navigate to the folder you're sharing to and drop your local settings inside.

IE

appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata/addon settings/pseudotv

drop all that shit inside of your shared location for your channels.

Since the settings work fine with the sharing off it would make me think that the shared location simply doesn't have the correct files inside.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Stildawn - 2012-08-09

(2012-08-02, 00:43)Stildawn Wrote: Hi All

Cheers for the addon its pretty fun.

I just have one question. Is there a way to handle ISO's? Since a lot of my movie collection are ISO's of DVD's. I noticed in PseudoTV when it was "playing" a movie that was an ISO, it was just sitting at the DVD menu?

Is there a setting or away to make it just play the main movie?

Cheers

Any solutions? Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-08-09

Hopefully someone has a solution for you. All of my ISOs play fine since I removed all of the DVD menus and just left the Movie using DVDShrink but i'm guessing that's not what you're looking for?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2012-08-09

Hi everyone.
i just downgraded from Eden to Dharma to fix a few issues with openelec.

now after i have all my movies ready i cannot populate any channels.
under each category i cannot select a genre (ptv configuration of course) - it is empty.
i tried different skins, different languages , and nothing.

any idea why i cant select genre? (tv and movies)
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Quiksmage - 2012-08-09

double post

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - anime513 - 2012-08-10

Hello, I recently set up XBMC + PseudoTV on my TV and everything has been great except for the fact that I can't create a channel with a SMB Shared folder. I have a number of secondary computers in my house that each archive different types of files. In this instance, I am trying to create a channel for Movies and Anime. I have created playlist for both and they are able to stream just fine though XBMC's default interface; however, when I try to add the playlist to PseudoTV, it refuses to add it. I've tried mounting the drive to the network and than creating a channel based on the directory, but this doesn't display the scraped data. Instead I get nothing but file names and blank summaries. I know that PseudoTV can access these files because I can create channels based on the each individual anime network/studio and access them, but that is too much. How can I make PseudoTV recognized my playlists that are created from shared folders in Windows 7?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Quick2822 - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-10, 10:50)anime513 Wrote: Hello, I recently set up XBMC + PseudoTV on my TV and everything has been great except for the fact that I can't create a channel with a SMB Shared folder. I have a number of secondary computers in my house that each archive different types of files. In this instance, I am trying to create a channel for Movies and Anime. I have created playlist for both and they are able to stream just fine though XBMC's default interface; however, when I try to add the playlist to PseudoTV, it refuses to add it. I've tried mounting the drive to the network and than creating a channel based on the directory, but this doesn't display the scraped data. Instead I get nothing but file names and blank summaries. I know that PseudoTV can access these files because I can create channels based on the each individual anime network/studio and access them, but that is too much. How can I make PseudoTV recognized my playlists that are created from shared folders in Windows 7?

I've never been able to get sharing to work. I eventually just used one PC to configure the channel setup I wanted, and wrote a little script that copies it to a central location and another script that runs every night and if the files are changed it copies them over to the correct location. Not ideal, but it works.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - anime513 - 2012-08-11

Is there any way to create a channel based on a directory while still scraping information so that PseudoTV will display summaries and episode titles?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - esk1 - 2012-08-12

I've been fighting getting my ipad 2 to see my shared channels for a few days. I saw someone like 50 pages ago have the same problem on what I believe was atv2's but no resolution was ever reached that I found. I'm running my sql database on the same machine and not having any connection issues, the permissions look perfect for my xbmc user.

*Note I took out my server name

18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-Settings: Loading settings from smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/settings2.xml
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: lockFile smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/settings2.xml
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: grabLockFile
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: rename smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/cache/FileLock.dat to smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/cache/58697.lock
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: Using VFS
18:20:58 T:165470208 ERROR: Rename - Error( No such file or directory )
18:20:58 T:165470208 ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/cache/FileLock.dat
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: rename smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/cache/FileLock.dat to smb://<SERVER>/Recorded TV/PsuedoTV/cache/17257.lock
18:20:58 T:165470208 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: Using VFS
18:20:58 T:165470208 ERROR: Rename - Error( No such file or directory )

I manually put a FileLock.dat file out there with no contents and it was able to rename it, but then failed like you see above on the next one. That means my permissions are okay if it was able to create a .lock file. It appears to be having problems writing the FileLock.dat file in the first place. Is this an IOS specific Issue?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2012-08-12

hey everyone
anyone have any experience with openelec?
under windows, ptv can populate my channels using hebrew named genre.
under openelec its just empty.
any ideas?
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - matty348 - 2012-08-14

I have a question: Is it possible to use PTV to have channels of streaming video (like TED talks or movie trailers)? I saw that icelibrary could stream some things but it seem that is unsupported now and when I tried to use it I kept getting errors. Also does PTV integrate well with any other addons(I'd like to add some variety to my channels beyond what is in my collection)?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 04:22)matty348 Wrote: I have a question: Is it possible to use PTV to have channels of streaming video (like TED talks or movie trailers)? I saw that icelibrary could stream some things but it seem that is unsupported now and when I tried to use it I kept getting errors. Also does PTV integrate well with any other addons(I'd like to add some variety to my channels beyond what is in my collection)?

Currently, there isn't support for streaming videos due to the nature of the way PTV works. A re-write of the EPG and channel set up would need to be done to do this. I'm not sure if Jason has this on his to-do list but it's been requested many times before.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - matty348 - 2012-08-14

Ah ok. One more question then is it possible to change the of time shown in the EPG currently I can only see about 2 hours at a time right now and when a single movie can be up to 3 hours it means a lot of my channels are just bars a lot of the time.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 07:19)matty348 Wrote: Ah ok. One more question then is it possible to change the of time shown in the EPG currently I can only see about 2 hours at a time right now and when a single movie can be up to 3 hours it means a lot of my channels are just bars a lot of the time.

Also, not possible at the moment and would, again, require modifying the EPG. It wouldn't be extremely hard to do if a budding Python coder wants to take up the challenge.